By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Best graphics from 6th gen

This thread got me out the wood works because I see many a tenured member. (I know what tenured means but this applies to some who have posted here.

Dreamcast. It has to be Soul calibur. No fighting game looked or played like it. Arguments for shenmue ii for technical prowess
PS2: God of War 2
Xbox: far cry. It shocked me that the console could even play it.
Gamecube. RE4. But my personal fav is luigi's mansion. Beautiful game.

I also would like my old account back. It has been 11 years........

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

Around the Network

Currently playing through Final Fantasy X, PS2 version, on a PVM.  The standard graphics are clearly dated, but occasionally it have a much better looking cutscene.  These graphics are amazing on a PVM to the point that they look like PS4 quality.

F-Zero GX

1doesnotsimply

*looks at list*

None of you have mentioned MGS3 Subsistence? NONE OF YOU!?

PS2 - Okami

Xbox - Half Life 2

GC - The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker

DC - Shenmue 2

(=^・ω・^=) Kuroneko S2 - Ore no Imouto - SteamMyAnimeList and Twitter - PSN: Gustavo_Valim - Switch FC: 6390-8693-0129 (=^・ω・^=)
Around the Network

I would say the Rogue Squadron games for the Gamecube.

Star fox Adventures or Metroid Prime for the GameCube

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

GameCube: Super Mario Sunshine, The Legend of Zelda: The Twilight Princess, Metroid Prime 2

Xbox: Serious Sam, Blinx, Oddworld : Stranger's Wrath, Jade Empire, grabbed by the ghoulies

PS2: shadow of the colossus

I don't think anything comes close to RE4 on the GameCube, except perhaps for a few Xbox titles. Leon alone had 10,000 polygons. That's little less than half as much as the main characters in the PS3's Uncharted games and The Last Us. Too bad the resolution was basically potatoes.

Wind waker, RE 4, metroid prime, mario sunshine and twilight princess on the gamecube. Okami and FF 12 on ps2. Dont know about xbox.