By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware 29 February 2020

Pretty standard stuff. Switch is a beast

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Around the Network

Switch actually pulled ahead of PS4 in Europe this week. Heh, hard to know what numbers would be like overall if the coronavirus wasn't a factor. Switch should have higher numbers worldwide, but I'm not sure if the virus is affecting PS4 sales as well.

What released last year for the PS4 to sell 350k that week?

Bofferbrauer2 said:

Tax returns in the US is in february.. it's usually the third best selling month in the country. So it probably affected sales all month long. Also, a lot of big releases over the past month certainly helped as well.

Nothing far from expected.

Around the Network

Switch still putting up great numbers despite Japan shortages and no major release

Mbolibombo said:
Bofferbrauer2 said:

Tax returns in the US is in february.. it's usually the third best selling month in the country. So it probably affected sales all month long. Also, a lot of big releases over the past month certainly helped as well.

Yeah, but the boost I'm talking about is just for that specific week, not the entire month. Next week last year PS4 was down to 230k again. So there must have been some big release that day last year.

Bofferbrauer2 said:
Mbolibombo said:

Yeah, but the boost I'm talking about is just for that specific week, not the entire month. Next week last year PS4 was down to 230k again. So there must have been some big release that day last year.

Well there wasnt. Anthem was the weak before that.. but I guess it could affect.

Or it was just a limited deal somewhere in the world..

Bofferbrauer2 said:
Mbolibombo said:

Wasn't it GOW release week?

I'm surprised the numbers are as high as they are across the board with all this COVID-19 madness.

I really thought by this week a combination of shortages and people just being more focused on pandemic panic than gaming would be eating into sales a lot more than this.