By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Final fantasy 7 remake demo is out now!

Vodacixi said:
Nautilus said:

I.... I thought I was clear with my previous post... I guess I wasn't clear enough.

Yes, that's ok.I mean, it's your job to figure out how to deal with that situation, maybe switch to Barret to deal with the flying units, while you command cloud to use an spell to take them out, or to try to stun the ground units to buy some time.You are in control.If you die, it's most likely your fault.

Then be done with it.If you run out of arguments, then it's ok to not write anything else.I like the game this way.You like it another way it's fine.Ill quote myself again:

"If Square puts an option to make them act on their own, but that I can disable it(and the standard is disabled), without ruining the game balance, I'm fine with it.

But I mean, If Nomura and his team designed the game like this, to be akin to the original game where you control everyone.That's just game design, whether you like it or not.It's the same as me not liking Dead Cells much because it's a roguelike, versus liking a game like Hollow Knight.Both are part of the same genre, but due to how they approach things I like them in different ways.

So just to reiterate: If Square manages to put that, as an option that you can disable, without ruining the game balance, then I'm ok with it.But PERSONALLY, I don't want them to act on their own.I want to control everything.Makes the game simply more enjoyable.I mean, the AI is already competent, but fine."

Just don't complain when you go into a public forum that it's about discussion and complain that people don't agree with you.

Ok, so you like bad constructed AIs. In a 2020 game. Great. You just like bad things. Finally I can understand it. No need to talk to you anymore about game design, because you have have proven to have absolutely zero knowledge on that matter. Also, you fail to accept when you are wrong and try to turn the blame on whoever shuts you down. I'll take that into account for future threads.

Have a nice day.

lol, I thought you were done with me the previous post?You flatter me;My avatar must be either really attractive or I must be really convincing.

Yeah, keep telling yourself that.Maybe you can convince yourself someday that every game should appeal to your tastes and yours alone.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Around the Network
Nautilus said:
Chrkeller said:

1) Honestly I disagree.  When Cloud is near death, if Barrett auto heals or I manually do so...  end result is the same consumption of mana.  

2) Intentional or not, I don't like it (which is the case with many others).  Intent has nothing to do with personal opinion.  

3) Options are good.  You could avoid using said options so it would have ZERO impact on your experience.  

4) You aren't going to approve of my opinion?!!?  LMFAO.  That is kind of the problem, nobody is seeking your approval.  

As for aggression, I am pretty sure the FFVII defenders are the ones telling us we didn't "understand" the game.  How is that not aggression?  We understood the game just fine.  We just didn't love the design choice.  But please, please, please give me your approval.  I am dying to have it.  

For those who loved the design choice, cool.  I have not, nor will I, attempt to alter you personal preference.  

Edit

In case my point isn't clear, I would kindly ask people to stop telling me I didn't understand the game simply because I'm not loving it.

1) But then it takes away the importance to watch out, since you would have the safety net of someone saving you no matter what(as long as you have the mana).I like this way personally.

2)But I do.And that's my opinion.I was just explaining to you that they did that on purpose, regardless of your opinion on it.

3) Regarding this particular topic, I quote myself from before: "

If Square puts an option to make them act on their own, but that I can disable it(and the standard is disabled), without ruining the game balance, I'm fine with it.

But I mean, If Nomura and his team designed the game like this, to be akin to the original game where you control everyone.That's just game design, whether you like it or not.It's the same as me not liking Dead Cells much because it's a roguelike, versus liking a game like Hollow Knight.Both are part of the same genre, but due to how they approach things I like them in different ways.

So just to reiterate: If Square manages to put that, as an option that you can disable, without ruining the game balance, then I'm ok with it.But PERSONALLY, I don't want them to act on their own.I want to control everything.Makes the game simply more enjoyable.I mean, the AI is already competent, but fine."

4)LOL. It's not a matter of approving or not.You can have whatever opinion you want.I don't care.Just don't come here in expecting that you can say whatever you want an people will say nothing about it.God, read what I say before you write.

I am not saying that, so why are you bringing this up to me?jeez

And if you can't take a bit of discussion, of people not thinking you are correct, don't engage in the first place jeez.

"You don't approve my opinion?"Where in the hell did you even though of that?

I got it from your post:

"but I'll not sit here and say that I approve what you said."

Nobody asked for your approval.  

Chrkeller said:
Nautilus said:

1) But then it takes away the importance to watch out, since you would have the safety net of someone saving you no matter what(as long as you have the mana).I like this way personally.

2)But I do.And that's my opinion.I was just explaining to you that they did that on purpose, regardless of your opinion on it.

3) Regarding this particular topic, I quote myself from before: "

If Square puts an option to make them act on their own, but that I can disable it(and the standard is disabled), without ruining the game balance, I'm fine with it.

4)LOL. It's not a matter of approving or not.You can have whatever opinion you want.I don't care.Just don't come here in expecting that you can say whatever you want an people will say nothing about it.God, read what I say before you write.

I am not saying that, so why are you bringing this up to me?jeez

And if you can't take a bit of discussion, of people not thinking you are correct, don't engage in the first place jeez.

"You don't approve my opinion?"Where in the hell did you even though of that?

I got it from your post:

"but I'll not sit here and say that I approve what you said."

Nobody asked for your approval.  

Then why are you complaining?Just go on with your day thinking that FF 7 Remake AI is broken and be happy about it, regardless of what others say to you.

But if you like and want my approval, I'll be here 24 hours a day to tell you how wrong you are.

Just. For. You.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

Lol, and I'm the aggressive one. And people wonder why forum participation is on the decline.

I come in on the discussion in good faith and that's how I ended up being treated just because I have a different opinion. *sigh*

Seems like it's a taboo to not agree with people in their opinions.Either agree, or "lol you are suuuuuch a downer".Ugh

No wonder the forum is in decline.

Around the Network

I tend to skip demos for games I intend to buy but... here goes nothing!

Nautilus said:
I come in on the discussion in good faith and that's how I ended up being treated just because I have a different opinion. *sigh*

Seems like it's a taboo to not agree with people in their opinions.Either agree, or "lol you are suuuuuch a downer".Ugh

Except nobody is claiming you don't "understand" the game because of your opinion.  Nobody is claiming not to "approve" of your opinion.  Apples and oranges my friend.  Seriously.  How you can't see this is beyond me.  One side is questioning the legitimacy of person opinion, the other side is not.

Shiken and I had this conversation in discord.  And didn't go this way.  He saw my points, gave his opinion which differed from mine, I saw his points.  It really was that simple.      

Last edited by Chrkeller - on 03 March 2020

Chrkeller said:
Nautilus said:

Except nobody is claiming you don't "understand" the game.  Nobody is claiming not to approve of your opinion.  Apples and oranges my friend.  Seriously.  How you can't see this is beyond me.  

Neither I am saying to you I need to approve your opinion.I am just stating my take/opinion on what you said.It's on you whether you want to engage with me further, having a nice discussion about the merits of the demo, or not.I'm not your dad, nor do you need my approval for anything.But somehow you twisted that into this approval delusion, whether because you really misread something, or just a way to deflect from my arguments.

If you can't take what I said, just say it.Don't have to transform into this... whatever this is.

Nautilus said:
Chrkeller said:

Except nobody is claiming you don't "understand" the game.  Nobody is claiming not to approve of your opinion.  Apples and oranges my friend.  Seriously.  How you can't see this is beyond me.  

Neither I am saying to you I need to approve your opinion.I am just stating my take/opinion on what you said.It's on you whether you want to engage with me further, having a nice discussion about the merits of the demo, or not.I'm not your dad, nor do you need my approval for anything.But somehow you twisted that into this approval delusion, whether because you really misread something, or just a way to deflect from my arguments.

If you can't take what I said, just say it.Don't have to transform into this... whatever this is.

Except you literally used and I quote "approve" in your response to me.  You LITERALLY said you aren't going to "APPROVE" of my opinion.  That was your word, not mine.  **** me.  

Chrkeller said:
Nautilus said:

Except you literally used and I quote "approve" in your response to me.  You LITERALLY said you aren't going to "APPROVE" of my opinion.  That was your word, not mine.  **** me.  

Good lord dude, get over it.I could have written it better initially, but I later clarified what I meant.I quote:

"It's not a matter of approving or not.You can have whatever opinion you want.I don't care.Just don't come here in expecting that you can say whatever you want an people will say nothing about it"

After that you went into a paranoid quest about it, and you are not even arguing my previous arguments anymore.

Drop it, and stop derailing the damn thread.