By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Poll: Which is worst, Losing exclusive GTA IV or MH3/DQ10

Wait, we know where DQ10 is going? Which console will it be on?

Tired of big government?
Want liberty in your lifetime?
Join us @
http://www.freestateproject.org

Around the Network
FreeTalkLive said:
Wait, we know where DQ10 is going? Which console will it be on?

I'm going to guess DS,DSes Sucessor, or Wii. It's a no brainer. THey all have the userbase while the ps3 doesn't.

Japan constitutes sixteen percent of the global console gaming market thus far this generation. The concern with this market is disproportional to its value. Grand Theft Auto no longer being launch day exclusive has far greater impact then losing two titles that while beloved in Japan are irrelevant everywhere else.

Financially for Sony losing Grand Theft Auto exclusivity was a far heavier blow for them. For consumers who already own their console the other is a heavier blow, but if given the choice Sony would probably tell you that they would much rather have an exclusive Grand Theft Auto title rather then those two games. Were the title exclusive it would generate greater sales in the other two markets, and that it turn would help them get more titles made for their console in Japan thanks largely to export potential.

When do DQ10 and Monster Hunter Wii hit?

You wouldn't want them hitting the console whilst there are still shortages.

Will either of them be Christmas in Japan releases?

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

starcraft said:
When do DQ10 and Monster Hunter Wii hit?

You wouldn't want them hitting the console whilst there are still shortages.

Will either of them be Christmas in Japan releases?

Doesn'tDQ9 still have to be released on ds? Monster Hunter isn't going to be in 2008 capcom said. 

Around the Network

A good Dragon Quest game on the Wii will be considered a big lose to the PS3. If Capcom messed up Monster Hunter 3 then losing GTAIV will be bigger? But if Capcom pulls it off then definitely MH3 and DQ are the biggest loss.

Wii Code: 4819-7684-2396-4558

wait
im confused now
DQ, is that on the DS or Wii now??
And when is it coming out

these games will own Japan!

Proud member of the Fierce Fox Force.

"I strike spurs onto my Wii controller. And against Sony and MS I fling myself,
unvanquished and unyielding. 'O Wii!!!"

-The Nintendian Philosophy

DQ is on the DS.

I think the final fantasy, Dragon Quest and monster hunter triple attack would have done wonders for the ps3. But final fantasy by itself wont save the ps3. Its a huge loss for the ps3 one only has to look at the huge amount of Japanese games released on the DS every week to realise that its going to hurt the ps3. Even if they aren't huge games a continual flow of titles does wonders for any console. The ps3 is basically dead in Japan, at least for now.

So yes losing dragon quest and monster hunter to nintendo is more damaging then gta exclusivity.

DQS has already been released on the Wii. DQ4 remake is on the DS. DQ5 remakes will be on DS this summer. DQ6 remake is expected on DS next (likely, later this year). Then, it is likely DQ9 will be released on DS and it is also expected this year. No info on DQ10 has been released.

Tired of big government?
Want liberty in your lifetime?
Join us @
http://www.freestateproject.org

What do DQ10 and MH3 stand for? I have no idea?