By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - How much better does mario kart look on the wii than on the GC?

they look about the same... great... I mean its MarioKart... not the newest FPS... it needs to be colorful and wacky ... thats all....

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
This video does NOT work for a good graphical comparison between the two games. All retro tracks in Mario Kart Wii, whether they are from SNES, N64, GC, GBA or DS, have only received slight graphical updates to keep the retro feeling intact.

The majority of the 16 new tracks in Mario Kart Wii blow Double Dash!! out of the water.

Yeah, it's like their comparison wiht Brawl and Melee where they picked Corneria, which was unaltered, instead of the new levels.

i hope so, but does it matter? the game is good and people will buy it anyway. Remember graphic does not make a great game, gameplay mostly does.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)

This game looks great when playing online against 12 people at a constant 60 FPS or online split screen at 30FPS with no dip in either version - thats something the GC version couldn't boast.

On the GC I played Grand Prix mode to death yet on the Wii I cannot get me or my wife offline and we've already clocked well over 30 hours of gameplay online. This game is a definite must buy and as Rol said the new courses are just amazing with the shopping mall being a must play.

This is the most polished online game i've played on the Wii and is a must own for any Wii owner.

Based on that video alone, the Gamecube one looked better, the game looks sharper, more colours and it appears you can see farther. The wii version from this video appears to be dull, very blurry and not as fun looking as the GC one.

My opinion is based solely on this video and does not represent my opinions or views on the game as a whole.

Around the Network

Based on gameplay, i bet KZ2 is even more crappier than KZ was.

Just my opinion, pulled completely out of my ass. I can do that too :)

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

Looks slightly better. Looks very nice.

Griffin said:
Based on that video alone, the Gamecube one looked better, the game looks sharper, more colours and it appears you can see farther. The wii version from this video appears to be dull, very blurry and not as fun looking as the GC one.

My opinion is based solely on this video and does not represent my opinions or views on the game as a whole.

LOL. Seems to be bashing Wii's graphics in every thread possible.

Did the Wii rape your fields and pillage your women? 

Galaki said:
Griffin said:

LOL. Seems to be bashing Wii's graphics in every thread possible.

Did the Wii rape your fields and pillage your women?

WTF are you talking about, did you even watch the video. Everything i said is very noticeable in the video. And i have never bashed the wii's graphics in any thread. As i said my opinion was based on that video alone, the part i said afterwards clearly shows that i do not feel this video shows off the power of the game, and that a different video would show the difference of the two games.

In other threads i have even praised the graphics of Brawl which i said looked better then some 360/PS3 games.

sc94597 said:

Hey leo-j did you see the new tech demo for the wii. http://wii.ign.com/dor/objects/14248157/the-conduit/videos/hightechwii.html

Op I belive there is a considerable difference. It's a cartoon racer though, and mario kart games were never meant to push graphics.  

leo-j needs to respond to this post.