By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - What movies are you looking forward to in 2020?

What movies are you guys excited for this year?  Anything we all should be aware of?  Are you more excited for DC or Marvel's offerings this year?  Or are you more of a Wes Anderson fan?  Anything flying under the radar that we should really be psyched for?  I'd go first, but I'd prefer for one of you guys (or gals) to go first and get this ball rolling.  Let's get hyped!

Around the Network

The French Dispatch from Wes Anderson 
Next Goal Wins from Taika Waitit, but im unsure if it will indeed release in 2020 (its marked as it will tho).
A Quiet Place II  
No Time to Die 

Mainly those, im a huge West Anderson and Taika Waititi fan so I'll be looking forward to whatever new project they do. Quiet Place was amazing so I have high hopes for QPII and I love the Daniel Craig Bond films, I think he is the best Bond since Connery tbh and Rami Malik as a Bond villains sounds like such a good fit.

To a lesser degree I'm looking forward to Black Widow, Wonder Woman 1984 and Fast 9 to follow up on the franchises. 
I guess Mulan as well because of Disney reason and I loved the animated film, but ever since I read it wont be a musical and there wont be an "Ill make a man out of you" bit, my hype kinda deflated.

March: Onward
May: Black Widow, The Woman in the Window
June: Wonder Woman 1984, Soul
November: The Eternals

I'm guaranteed to watch all these in theaters, and I also don't anticipate I'll be watching anything else in theaters besides these.

Last edited by Moren - on 18 February 2020

Sonic

Tenet (The new movie made by Christopher Nolan)

(=^・ω・^=) Kuroneko S2 - Ore no Imouto - SteamMyAnimeList and Twitter - PSN: Gustavo_Valim - Switch FC: 6390-8693-0129 (=^・ω・^=)
Around the Network
Shikamo said:
Tenet (The new movie made by Christopher Nolan)

I had forgotten about Nolan. I'll have to add that movie to my radar.

Touge: The Last Samurai.

Love jidaigeki/chanbara movies and adore Tatsuya Nakadai, so this is the only one I'm really interested in this year.

Maybe the new Bond, and maybe the new Christopher Nolan film. Besides that this year is looking pretty boring imo--getting really sick of this superhero genre, I'm hoping the new fad genre comes quickly to replace it.

Jpcc86 said:

The French Dispatch from Wes Anderson 
Next Goal Wins from Taika Waitit, but im unsure if it will indeed release in 2020 (its marked as it will tho).
A Quiet Place II  
No Time to Die 

Mainly those, im a huge West Anderson and Taika Waititi fan so I'll be looking forward to whatever new project they do. Quiet Place was amazing so I have high hopes for QPII and I love the Daniel Craig Bond films, I think he is the best Bond since Connery tbh and Rami Malik as a Bond villains sounds like such a good fit.

To a lesser degree I'm looking forward to Black Widow, Wonder Woman 1984 and Fast 9 to follow up on the franchises. 
I guess Mulan as well because of Disney reason and I loved the animated film, but ever since I read it wont be a musical and there wont be an "Ill make a man out of you" bit, my hype kinda deflated.

No Mushu as well :(

Signature goes here!

I've been tired of the Comic Book Movie Fad since it resurged in the early 2010's, but I've also been pleasantly surprised by a few of them, thanks in no small part to RDJ and the soundtrack to Guardians of the Galaxy. But overall, if I'm honest with myself, I mostly enjoy them all. But there's never any excitement buildup for me when they're coming out.

Wes Anderson movies are always on my list and The French Dispatch I'm sure will keep his success train rolling. I'm just not sure he knows how to make a bad film or get bad performances from his actors.

Chris Nolan, likewise, is a director whose films I'll never miss, regardless of their subject.  I'm not a war movie fan, but Dunkirk was a gem. So Tenet will also be a theater watch for me.

And this year we actually get a film from another of my favorite directors, David Fincher.  Mank will tell the story of Herman Mankiewicz's development of Orson Welles' Citizen Kane.  As with Nolan, I always trust Fincher to turn out an enjoyable, interesting take on his subject no matter how dull it may sound at first.  This is the guy, afterall, that made the creation of Facebook and the subsequent court depositions into a compelling edge of your seat almost thriller.

A Quiet Place 2 is definitely on my radar as well after the very surprising and very well done first film. 

But my most anticipated film of 2020 is without a doubt the newest adaptation of Frank Herbert's Dune.  One of my favorite books getting another shot at the silver screen should fill me with doubt and fear after that terrible SciFi channel miniseries, but the casting on this film, the advancements in special effects, and the fact that a very capable director is helming the project just makes me wait on pins and needles for this December release.  While I absolutely love Lynch's version of this film, especially for its tone and casting, the ending breaks the film in ways that are irreperable and I can't wait to see this story executed accurately.

So that's my list in a nutshell at the moment.  I hope to see even more in this thread that pique my interest, as I can guarantee every year that some film comes outr of left field that completely blows me away.