By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Ocarina of Time vs Final Fantasy 7

I prefer...

Ocarina of Time 105 58.33%

Final Fantasy 7 75 41.67%

Total:180
Keiji said:
I'm still proud that my favorite Game Ever got 40% here.

Actually, it is at 39.87% Nice try though, you thought you could pull a fast one.

Around the Network
Snoopy said:
Keiji said:
I'm still proud that my favorite Game Ever got 40% here.

Actually, it is at 39.87% Nice try though, you thought you could pull a fast one.

It was a little more than 40% when I posted.

So, did the community come to an unanimous conclusion?

Moren said:

Unanimous no, but pretty conclusive; Ocarina gets the popular vote by a comfortable margin.

curl-6 said:
JWeinCom said:

But what 3D Zelda do you think had better boss fights?

I think I'd actually go with Twilight Princess or Ocarina of Time, though that's not to say Skyward Sword's were bad, just not quite as memorable.

Idk.  As I said before, I think due to the fact that they were still learning to use 3D space, I think that the boss fights in Ocarina were a little too simple.  Phantom Ganon and Twinrova are the only ones I think were really exceptional.  And as for Twilight Princess literally the only ones I really remember are the dragon you fight with Spider-man claw shots, and the final boss.  Obviously that's a subjective criteria, but I feel like if they were good they'd have been a bit more memorable.  That being said, Skyward Sword also had a boss rush mode, so maybe that's why I remember those battles a bit more.

Around the Network
JWeinCom said:
curl-6 said:

I think I'd actually go with Twilight Princess or Ocarina of Time, though that's not to say Skyward Sword's were bad, just not quite as memorable.

Idk.  As I said before, I think due to the fact that they were still learning to use 3D space, I think that the boss fights in Ocarina were a little too simple.  Phantom Ganon and Twinrova are the only ones I think were really exceptional.  And as for Twilight Princess literally the only ones I really remember are the dragon you fight with Spider-man claw shots, and the final boss.  Obviously that's a subjective criteria, but I feel like if they were good they'd have been a bit more memorable.  That being said, Skyward Sword also had a boss rush mode, so maybe that's why I remember those battles a bit more.

Ocarina's were indeed simple, but I feel there was an elegance to their simplicity; in addition to those two I found Ghoma, King Dodongo, and Volvagia very memorable.

In Twilight Princess, the fire giant boss, the spider in the temple of time, and the skeleton dragon in Arbitar's Grounds also really stood out to me.

curl-6 said:
Moren said:

Unanimous no, but pretty conclusive; Ocarina gets the popular vote by a comfortable margin.

I have seen the future : every Nintendo players will buy a PS4 and play Final Fantasy VII Remake, they will have a revelation and scream : Best Game Ever !

Keiji said:
curl-6 said:

I have seen the future : every Nintendo players will buy a PS4 and play Final Fantasy VII Remake, they will have a revelation and scream : Best Game Ever !

I certainly won't.

curl-6 said:
Keiji said:

I certainly won't.

Ah.

Strange. I'm sure I had a vision.

curl-6 said:
Keiji said:

I certainly won't.

The OG one was my favorite PS1 game ever. The remake won't have the same impact the first did in 1997. Ocarina will still be the best game of all time when all is said and done IMO. It is hard to top it, unless someone figures out how to make the transition to VR the right way.  It think a more interesting question is : Will the FF remake receive higher Meta scores than the RE2 remake?