By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Disney encouraged by Spider-Man and Star Wars success to work with more developers on original games

Tagged games:

What do you think

Yes Please 16 84.21%

No Thank you 3 15.79%

Total:19

Can you imagine how many games they could have made if they didn't just close most of LucasArts?

Imagine how much more they could have done if they didn't sign a deal with EA who only made 3 Star Wars games, one being panned across the board for it's money grabbing antics.

Hmm, pie.

Around the Network

Well as long as they choose good devs great things can come out of those. I miss the disney games from PS1 era.
Waiting for Sony to open a 4 team studio to make use of these license IPs the right way =p

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

The picture in the OP makes me wish for Epic Mickey 3, the second one was so much fun to play through in co-op!

I would love to see a Star Wars fighting game, Capcom style.

Awwww yeah. Masters of Teras Kasi and Star Wars Kinect Sequels on the way.

Around the Network

An Epic Mickey with full creative freedom would be, epic.

Disney has a ton of IP that hasn't been used in gaming much. They could probably have a few AAA and a few AA games every year out of their catalogue. Just Starwars can work in several genres, and that's just one of many massive properties they hold.

With the tech we have today, I'd kill for an action based Hulk game. bring on the destructive physics!"

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

CaptainExplosion said:
VAMatt said:
Disney has a ton of IP that hasn't been used in gaming much. They could probably have a few AAA and a few AA games every year out of their catalogue. Just Starwars can work in several genres, and that's just one of many massive properties they hold.

But we want more than Star Wars. Why not an open world Zootopia game or something?

I agree.  They have a ton of properties that need to be used in video games.  

ARamdomGamer said:
An Epic Mickey with full creative freedom would be, epic.

Unfortunately, I think that's the one character that Disney is least likely to give full freedom on.  I'm actually surprised they let them do as much as they did with Epic Mickey.  And tbh the gameplay was more of an issue than the creative side to me.