By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Witcher 3 vs Skyrim

I prefer...

Witcher 3 44 66.67%

Skyrim 22 33.33%

Total:66
Metallox said:
victor83fernandes said:

Standout yes, but everyone seems to say its great because of the story, which started on the first one. So if people really love the story, why not go back and start from the beginning?

Graphics of Witcher 2 are amazing on the X, I play it, it looks incredible in 4K.

People keep talking about strengths of the game, and this and that, but they never seem to be specific, was it graphics? Graphics of Skyrim are very impressive in 4K on ps4 pro and xbox X, and in my opinion has a better atmosphere, Witcher looks too clean and pretty for such a violent world.

Witcher has some good music, but it starts to get tiring after you heard it 1000 times.

I get the feeling most people praising Witcher they just do so because that's the accepted thing to do, everyone seems to want to fit in society, no one seems able to have their own opinions.

I ask these people, write it here all the things Witcher does better, if it is the story then say what part of the story, don't just keep saying its great because its amazing and fantastic. Specify everything.

If you like the story and cutscenes then admit you prefer to watch cutscenes than playing the games, and that's fine, that's why they come up with interactive movie games these days.

We're still dealing with the same issue here. A game's quality isn't determined in the slightest by how many people it tracks to make them play other games. That's irrelevant. 

But if you really want to push it, recent data from CDPR shows that their adaptation of The Witcher has sold over 40 million units, more  than half of which belong to the third entry. Before of the release of 3, that amount was rounding 10 million between the original Witcher and 2, so, I mean, an important increased interest in the series has emerged since 2015.

Now, this notion that The Witcher series' atmosphere is too pretty for such a violent world, I disagree entirely with it. That's one of its main appeals, in fact, it creates such a contrast that allows you to take breaks from grim scenarios and embellished locations. In general, it keeps things fresh. 

If you want to know why people like The Witcher 3 so much you can look everywhere for opinions. Focal points include the incredible immersion, which is established by many things, beginning with Geralt himself. When I hear him examining and making deductions from the environment I cannot but think it's very engrossing, frankly. You learn from the world, people and beasts alike, and you get amused by the roll of the witcher, most importantly.

Same rule applies to everything else, which is so nicely crafted that, at least for me, it's very captivating even hearing the irreverent and crazy talk that a lot of villagers have with Geralt. It's interesting, and a lof of times it's almost believable due to how these people live in a world ruled by chaos and beasts from other dimensions.

In general, part of the game's appeal lies on its attention to detail, it's absorbing. So no, the praise isn't just for show.  

Huh? I think you got me confused with someone else, I never mentioned sales. Didn't even read the rest.

Around the Network
victor83fernandes said:

Huh? I think you got me confused with someone else, I never mentioned sales. Didn't even read the rest.

No, I didn't confuse you with someone else, kiddo. If I brought up sales is to explain that interest in the first two Witcher games has increased since the release of 3. 

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first.