By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Atlus survey asks fans what games they want ported to Switch

Can I have a Devil Survivor 3? Please?

Around the Network
Conina said:
melbye said:
How about they finish Shin Megami Tensei 5, a game they announced 3 years ago before the Switch was even out

How about they do both? Develop some new games AND port some popular existing games to the new platform?

This ain't an XOR situation. Most creative people working on the new games can't port games anyways, so they won't be taken away to do ports.

Atlus needs people with different skillsets to do different jobs and most ports pay themselves.

It kind of is an either/or situation though. Even outsourcing for ports still consumes resources and money, and resources and money are finite even for the biggest game companies, let alone Atlus.

I'm all for ports of stuff like P5R, Dragon's Crown, Etrian Odyssey, and Odin Sphere, and I did get a lot of ports of Wii U games, including SMT #FE of course, but I would prefer to see Atlus prioritize SMT V, if, that is, it hasn't been cancelled yet.

I kind of figured they were already working on a port of Persona 5. Guess not.

I heard they got record responses for this survey. Not surprising, as there is such a huge JRPG market on the Switch. I really wish Nintendo would greenlight a Xenoblade Chronicles X port. Started playing it again to capture a quick but of footage for my latest video and got hooked again!

Retro Tech Select - My Youtube channel. Covers throwback consumer electronics with a focus on "vid'ya games."

Latest Video: Top 12: Best Games on the N64 - Special Features, Episode 7

If Sega/Atlus is actually serious and wants some good numbers than give us Persona 3-5, Odin's Sphere, Dragon's Crown, and Catherine (PSV got this one).

Around the Network

They should just port them all to all systems so we can play forever with the PS/X systems. I was also a fan of Digital Devil saga would like to play them again.

SanAndreasX said:
Conina said:

How about they do both? Develop some new games AND port some popular existing games to the new platform?

This ain't an XOR situation. Most creative people working on the new games can't port games anyways, so they won't be taken away to do ports.

Atlus needs people with different skillsets to do different jobs and most ports pay themselves.

It kind of is an either/or situation though. Even outsourcing for ports still consumes resources and money, and resources and money are finite even for the biggest game companies, let alone Atlus.

Normally an additional port on the side shouldn't hinder the development of another game.

Ports only take a fraction of costs and time.

And if Atlus is really THAT dry on money that they can't afford a Switch port of their bestsellers, they can get the porting costs in advance via Kickstarter... just look at "The Wonderful 101 Remastered": https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/platinumgames/the-wonderful-101-remastered

Already at 1.6 million USD after one week.

Atlus would have been big by now if they stop doing exclusive games. They should have used the worlwide presence of PS4 + XB1 + Switch. Its not too late now but damn they need to start doing it.

Pocky Lover Boy! 

The_Liquid_Laser said:
I kind of figured they were already working on a port of Persona 5. Guess not.

Just because they're polling interest does not mean the game isn't already underway. Companies do this all the time. It helps them gauge how much resources they should allot to the port, and what kind of numbers they should produce for their 1st shipment. 

Retro Tech Select - My Youtube channel. Covers throwback consumer electronics with a focus on "vid'ya games."

Latest Video: Top 12: Best Games on the N64 - Special Features, Episode 7

Jranation said:
Atlus would have been big by now if they stop doing exclusive games. They should have used the worlwide presence of PS4 + XB1 + Switch. Its not too late now but damn they need to start doing it.

I am always amazed when someone on the Internet tells to big companies, making great games for decades, how to handle their business XD