By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Atlus survey asks fans what games they want ported to Switch

How about they finish Shin Megami Tensei 5, a game they announced 3 years ago before the Switch was even out

Nothing to see here, move along

Around the Network
melbye said:
How about they finish Shin Megami Tensei 5, a game they announced 3 years ago before the Switch was even out

How about they do both? Develop some new games AND port some popular existing games to the new platform?

This ain't an XOR situation. Most creative people working on the new games can't port games anyways, so they won't be taken away to do ports.

Atlus needs people with different skillsets to do different jobs and most ports pay themselves.

How about doing a collection?

Perrsona 1,2,3,4 on a Switch cartridge would be kinda epic right?

JRPGfan said:
How about doing a collection?

Perrsona 1,2,3,4 on a Switch cartridge would be kinda epic right?

They should do that for all 3 consoles and PC.

Why all the surveys? I'm pretty sure they know porting their latest games to the Switch would've been profitable. Do they still doubt the Switch after years of selling gangbusters?

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Around the Network

I'm guessing that this is to work out which of their upcoming ports to prioritize but they've put ports that aren't planned or likely just so that it looks like a more general survey.

Conina said:
melbye said:

How about they do both? Develop some new games AND port some popular existing games to the new platform?

This ain't an XOR situation. Most creative people working on the new games can't port games anyways, so they won't be taken away to do ports.

Atlus needs people with different skillsets to do different jobs and most ports pay themselves.

To busy milking Persona 5, they can't do SMT5, port games and milk Persona 5 at once

Nothing to see here, move along

I already played most of these games on my 3DS so in the eventuality of any port happening then it'll be a hard pass ...

Anyway, I want SMT V !

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

Can I have a Devil Survivor 3? Please?

Conina said:
melbye said:

It kind of is an either/or situation though. Even outsourcing for ports still consumes resources and money, and resources and money are finite even for the biggest game companies, let alone Atlus.

I'm all for ports of stuff like P5R, Dragon's Crown, Etrian Odyssey, and Odin Sphere, and I did get a lot of ports of Wii U games, including SMT #FE of course, but I would prefer to see Atlus prioritize SMT V, if, that is, it hasn't been cancelled yet.