By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Disney+ 2020 show release months revealed, up to 28.6m subs

Disney+ is secretly plotting to destroy Netflix. I got proof of that, here is a video that was secretly taken and leaked, check it out:

Around the Network

Wow, I didnt realize that Amazon Prime had a base of nearly 150m. Thats around 100m more than I thought. 

Either way i think its safe to say nearly 30m subscribers is a lot for Disney+ considering its just released in 6 countries I believe? Thats like 8 times the entire population of Uruguay. In a month or so when it becomes available for the rest of Europe and Latin America we'll have a better understaing of how well its gonna do in comparison, but I have no reason to believe it wont reach the numbers of APrime or Netflix. 

shikamaru317 said:
Jpcc86 said:

Wow, I didnt realize that Amazon Prime had a base of nearly 150m. Thats around 100m more than I thought. 

Either way i think its safe to say nearly 30m subscribers is a lot for Disney+ considering its just released in 6 countries I believe? Thats like 8 times the entire population of Uruguay. In a month or so when it becomes available for the rest of Europe and Latin America we'll have a better understaing of how well its gonna do in comparison, but I have no reason to believe it wont reach the numbers of APrime or Netflix. 

Well, to be fair, we don't know exactly how many of those 150m Prime subs use Prime Video, all Amazon announced was the Prime Video viewership was double what it was last year. Prime Video isn't even available in all Amazon Prime markets I think. That's why I said less than 150m, because we don't know exact numbers, only that it is less than the 150m total Prime subs. But it's safe to say that Prime Video is 2nd place over Hulu and Disney+.

As for the rest of the subscription services, CBS All-Access was at 4m last time they announced numbers, which was nearly a year ago, maybe they will post a new update now that Star Trek Picard is out and likely boosting their sub numbers. NBC is releasing one called Peacock in April 2020. HBO has HBO Max coming in May 2020. There is going to be alot of competition in the tv streaming field soon. 

I watch Amazon Prime Video, but I have it only as a by-product of already having Amazon Prime. Should I decide to get rid of Amazon Prime, I wouldn't change my mind because of the video subscription. I have Netflix, and occasionally Disney+, specifically to watch their shows.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

shikamaru317 said:
starcraft said:

I watch Amazon Prime Video, but I have it only as a by-product of already having Amazon Prime. Should I decide to get rid of Amazon Prime, I wouldn't change my mind because of the video subscription. I have Netflix, and occasionally Disney+, specifically to watch their shows.

I mainly only watch The Grand Tour on Prime personally. None of their other originals interest me. I do watch some 3rd party content on there though, especially if it's not available on Netflix or Hulu. 

Yep, same on the Grand Tour.

I watched Jack Ryan which was solid in season 1 and a let-down in season 2. Might give Treadstone a look. Eventually, if they don't screw it up, the Lord of the Rings show could be epic.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

I can't wait for HBO Max. Hopefully they improve their video player and get all the DCU shows on there because that app is awful.

If I wasn't mooching a Netflix sub I'd totally ditch it as I hardly ever go in there anymore

I am Iron Man

Around the Network

I'm just gonna keep pirating everything not on Netflix or Amazon.

Angelus said:

I'll keep Amazon for prime but Netflix hardly has anything worthwhile now that marvel is gone and I don't see any Ozark coming up

I am Iron Man

I'm still of the position that I don't like so many different subs with different locked content and one stealling content from the other. So yohoho a pirate life for me.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

I canceled D+. After watching the MCU films I didn't find much else to watch.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Robert_Downey_Jr. said:
Angelus said:

I'll keep Amazon for prime but Netflix hardly has anything worthwhile now that marvel is gone and I don't see any Ozark coming up

I disagree with that assessment, but obviously everyone is going to have their own opinion on what is or isn't worthwhile. I certainly get a lot out of Netflix.

Also, Ozark season 3 is coming out in March.