By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Predict the Next Direct (Winter 2020 Edition)

When will the next Nintendo Direct hit?

January 21st-25th 4 6.25%

January 26th-31st 7 10.94%

February 1st-7th 3 4.69%

February 8th-14th 15 23.44%

February 15th-21st 3 4.69%

February 22nd-29th 10 15.63%

March 1st-7th 9 14.06%

March 8th-14th 1 1.56%

March 15th-21st 8 12.50%

We're not getting one; Don't Care 4 6.25%

Total:64
SpokenTruth said:

First, that's not what I said at all.

Implication

NOUN
  1. the conclusion that can be drawn from something although it is not explicitly stated.

Around the Network
SpokenTruth said:

So you had no actual reason to say a direct before ACNH would steal it's thunder, since if sales aren't a concern, then there is no concern.

So when we will get a general direct?

SpokenTruth said:

I did have an actual reason.  One I've said many, many times.  It's a general marketing practice.  The purpose behind it is irrelevant.  I told you they wouldn't do a ND before AC launched because it's a standard practice in marketing to not interfere with your big product launch.  And what happened, they followed the guideline just like I said they would.  And I said over and over and over.

As I just said, if it's not about sales a.k.a. money, the thing business's actually care about, then your reason is irrelevant. The purpose of marketing and business in general, which is to sell product and make money, is entirely relevant, as those are the metrics used to determine what is or isn't a bad decision. I don't believe business's care about blindly upholding your marketing guidelines no matter the circumstance or context, certainly not Nintendo who's broken many a standard practice with the Switch.

You can believe they specifically dated the direct to not interfere with AC, despite the fact they had an Indie world right before it and even though the direct was not even a week later. However, by saying interfering, you are again implying sales would be negatively affected. That is the point of contention here, whether a direct prior to ACNH would "steal thunder"/"interfere" with it or make no difference at all.

If you truly don't believe a direct can negatively impact ACNH sales despite you saying words that mean otherwise, then good, that's also admittance that a direct prior to release wouldn't hurt.

trunkswd said:
With the Direct Mini yesterday, I'm hoping for a Direct in May (or June when E3 was supposed to take place) where they announce their big holiday games.

Yea i'm not expecting anything now. This year is breaking patterns for video game. Let's see if Nintendo still does their June direct or they do it earlier or later. 

Think it will change depending on when Sony and Ms show their games. Idk if Nintendo really will wait until mid June to announce their summer/fall line up