By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Rumor: Saints Row IV: Re-Elected is coming to Switch!

Tagged games:

Ugh, more fossilized last gen shovelware.
I hope this doesn't turn into a year of Switch drowning in regurgitated old rope while lacking worthwhile new releases. :(

Last edited by curl-6 - on 14 January 2020

Around the Network

Hopefully runs better than SR3 did. Bring on the ports!

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Meh, It's ok. I think Saints Row 3 is much better though.

Another day another port rejoice fans of the genre on Switch.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

curl-6 said:

I hope this doesn't turn into a year of Switch drowning in regurgitated old rope while lacking worthwhile new releases. :(

This 

PLUS

No doubt these games will come on the smallest cart and require 95% of the game to be downloaded to play!

Around the Network
Cobretti2 said:

No doubt these games will come on the smallest cart and require 95% of the game to be downloaded to play!

Saints Row 4 is a small game, originally a 360/ps3 title, they can fit it on an 8gb card. SR3 didn't require a download so I see no reason why this one would either.

Barkley said:
Cobretti2 said:

Saints Row 4 is a small game, originally a 360/ps3 title, they can fit it on an 8gb card. SR3 didn't require a download so I see no reason why this one would either.

I swear Saints Row 3 on Switch in Australia the advertising preorder box said required SD card for download.  This is the reason I didn't buy it. In fact I recall even cancelling preorder based on this.

Maybe a big screw up in advertising? or in Australia we got screwed?

curl-6 said:

My guess is that we are going to get a lot of old ports again this year, maybe even more than last year.  However there are going to be some new releases too.  Bravely Default 2 and Rune Factory 5 are slated to release this year.  Stuff like that.

The ports are not going to stop, because they are quick and have shown to be fairly profitable so far.  But enough time has passed that the Japanese studios, at least, will be ready to release some new games and even export them out of Japan.

Radek said:
And Rockstar still doesn't give a fuck with GTA V

Or any GTA games in that matter. I really wouldn't mind GTA4 (while we're on the subject of last gen ports) or even Vice City or 3. 

Kristof81 said:
Radek said:
And Rockstar still doesn't give a fuck with GTA V

Or any GTA games in that matter. I really wouldn't mind GTA4 (while we're on the subject of last gen ports) or even Vice City or 3. 

Yeah, it's actually surprising that GTA 3, Vice City or San Andreas haven't been ported, considering they all already have android versions with gamepad support. Porting them to Switch should be easy as pie.

China Town Wars is also on android.