By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - MS: 1st party Xbox games will be cross-gen for "next year, two years"

Conina said:

goopy20 said:

Just look at 2014, except for LBP3, all of Sony's 1st party games were ps4 exclusives.

goopy20 said:

It doesn't matter how many games sony's 1st studios put out.

You have been proven wrong about a hundred things in this thread. You are absolutely learning immune and constantly shift goal posts.

The discussion with you is absolutely pointless.

How am I wrong? All of Sony's major 1st party studios were making ps4 exclusives after it launched, except for LBP3. If you think the 4 exclusives isn't an impressive output, then fine. But the number of games isn't important. Fact remains that they all moved on from the ps3 and were all working on ps4 exclusives, which is kinda normal. 

Like I said, next gen is going to be one of the strangest gens ever. MS is basically changing the rules of what a next gen should be like.

Around the Network
goopy20 said:
LudicrousSpeed said:

“hey let’s spend tons of money on R&D for this beast console!”

Cool now let’s make some games

“nah let’s not”

Makes sense 😆😆😆

Also you’re telling me what we saw of Hellblade 2 was made in Xbone and “scaled up”? Wow NT am wizards 

Sounds crazy I know. Not saying it won't have games. Obviously there's the 3rd party games that'll show up eventually and MS's studios are working on new games too. But we have no idea if they're all being designed with the X1 as the lead platform and scale up and down their family of devices, because that's what MS been telling us. Hellblade looks almost too good to be true, but I guess we'll see when they show some actual gameplay footage.

It sounds crazy because it is. Kind of like anti vacc people or flat earthers make no sense. Also, for like the tenth time, the Halo interview you yourself have linked here to twist for your agenda, had a designer saying devs always aim for the highest hardware. MS hasn’t said anything about all their games being designed for Xbone and then ported up, that’s just your personal spin applied to their comments so that it lands through your ever shifting goal posts. I’m just going to leave you to your delusions, like the other guy said, you’ve been proven wrong so many times already and seem to be incapable of learning. Right there in the post above this is another prime example. Proven wrong yet again but instead of admitting it or learning from it, you shift the goal posts again, from “all first party games” to “all major first party studios” (which of course as the other user already pointed out, is still incorrect 😆).

goopy20 said:
Conina said:

You have been proven wrong about a hundred things in this thread. You are absolutely learning immune and constantly shift goal posts.

The discussion with you is absolutely pointless.

How am I wrong? All of Sony's major 1st party studios were making ps4 exclusives after it launched, except for LBP3. If you think the 4 exclusives isn't an impressive output, then fine. But the number of games isn't important. Fact remains that they all moved on from the ps3 and were all working on ps4 exclusives, which is kinda normal. 

Like I said, next gen is going to be one of the strangest gens ever. MS is basically changing the rules of what a next gen should be like.

Except the obvious part that those games don’t stand the test of time compared to the rest of the gen. Average or mediocre in quality. That cross gen and 3rd party dominated sales compared to Killzone and knack. That to this day Uncharted collection and Last of Us (ps4) remain the top selling 1st party games in the first 2 years of ps4. 

MS actually responding to gamer trends and recognizes where the money goes in the start of a gen. They aren’t changing the rules at all. 

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

sales2099 said:
goopy20 said:

Sounds crazy I know. Not saying it won't have games. Obviously there's the 3rd party games that'll show up eventually and MS's studios are working on new games too. But we have no idea if they're all being designed with the X1 as the lead platform and scale up and down their family of devices, because that's what MS been telling us. Hellblade looks almost too good to be true, but I guess we'll see when they show some actual gameplay footage.

I can’t wait to watch you try to explain how being a true gen exclusive is better then higher quality cross gen titles. Halo Infinite and Forza 8 are taking extra time then usual to impress where as Sony has zero incentive to launch with their best, because they know people buy on the brand alone in year 1. 

Look we can keep going back and forth like this forever but you just don't seem to get what I'm saying most of the time. Didn't I already say a cross-gen Halo Infinite will most likely be higher rated and sell better than any next gen launch game, which are often new ip's?

What you should ask yourself is if Halo Infinite wouldn't have been even better if 343 studios didn't have to ask themselves "will this run on Xone too?". Please tell me you understand this and why their new strategy of options and not "forcing" consumers to upgrade is a double edged sword. 343 Spend years making their new slipstream engine and it looks amazing. But because of MS's new strategy, they're limited on what they can do with it on Series X. Like I said, maybe it's just a coincidence or maybe that's why the creative lead and the lead producer of Halo quit a few months ago, and why Rod Fergusson went to Blizzard.

goopy20 said:
sales2099 said:

I can’t wait to watch you try to explain how being a true gen exclusive is better then higher quality cross gen titles. Halo Infinite and Forza 8 are taking extra time then usual to impress where as Sony has zero incentive to launch with their best, because they know people buy on the brand alone in year 1. 

What you should ask yourself is if Halo Infinite wouldn't have been even better if 343 studios didn't have to ask themselves "will this run on Xone too?". Please tell me you understand this and why their new strategy of options and not "forcing" consumers to upgrade is a double edged sword.

What you should ask yourself is if Ghost of Tsushima wouldn't have been even better if Sucker Punch didn't have to ask themselves "will this run on PS4 too?". Please tell me you understand this and why their strategy of not "forcing" consumers to upgrade for this game is a double edged sword.

Around the Network
LudicrousSpeed said:
goopy20 said:

It sounds crazy because it is. Kind of like anti vacc people or flat earthers make no sense. Also, for like the tenth time, the Halo interview you yourself have linked here to twist for your agenda, had a designer saying devs always aim for the highest hardware. MS hasn’t said anything about all their games being designed for Xbone and then ported up, that’s just your personal spin applied to their comments so that it lands through your ever shifting goal posts. I’m just going to leave you to your delusions, like the other guy said, you’ve been proven wrong so many times already and seem to be incapable of learning. Right there in the post above this is another prime example. Proven wrong yet again but instead of admitting it or learning from it, you shift the goal posts again, from “all first party games” to “all major first party studios” (which of course as the other user already pointed out, is still incorrect 😆).

A lot of things MS is saying sound crazy man, how is that my fault? I'm just quoting Phil Spencer most of the time. The Halo cross gen thing can be interpreted in 2 ways. Either it will be designed with Series X as the lead and we'll see a half-ass port on X1. Or it's X1 as the lead and we will get an ++++ version on Series X. We'll just have to wait and see. My guess is that it will become a lot clearer when we hear the price of Series X. 

Conina said:
goopy20 said:

What you should ask yourself is if Halo Infinite wouldn't have been even better if 343 studios didn't have to ask themselves "will this run on Xone too?". Please tell me you understand this and why their new strategy of options and not "forcing" consumers to upgrade is a double edged sword.

What you should ask yourself is if Ghost of Tsushima wouldn't have been even better if Sucker Punch didn't have to ask themselves "will this run on PS4 too?". Please tell me you understand this and why their strategy of not "forcing" consumers to upgrade for this game is a double edged sword.

Yes, it is a shame that Ghost of Tsushina is a cross gen title, but it is what is. However, I would be a lot less excited for next gen if Sony announced that all their 1st party games would be cross gen for the first couple of years. And even less so if they would say we don't need you to buy a ps5 because we can still reach our business goals if you stick to ps4. I would be pissed, instead of blindly trying to defend such a weird strategy. 

goopy20 said:
sales2099 said:

Look we can keep going back and forth like this forever but you just don't seem to get what I'm saying most of the time. Didn't I already say a cross-gen Halo Infinite will most likely be higher rated and sell better than any next gen launch game, which are often new ip's?

What you should ask yourself is if Halo Infinite wouldn't have been even better if 343 studios didn't have to ask themselves "will this run on Xone too?". Please tell me you understand this and why their new strategy of options and not "forcing" consumers to upgrade is a double edged sword. 343 Spend years making their new slipstream engine and it looks amazing. But because of MS's new strategy, they're limited on what they can do with it on Series X. Like I said, maybe it's just a coincidence or maybe that's why the creative lead and the lead producer of Halo quit a few months ago, and why Rod Fergusson went to Blizzard.

It’s funny that’s what myself and literally several others think when responding to you ;)

So you are asking what if the game was a fraction prettier if it didn’t have a XB1 version? Lol that’s not a good enough incentive compared to growing the franchise. Halo 5 took the series down a peg or two. I actually want Halo Infinite to grow the fan base back to the glory days. The game will be awesome and beautiful on Series X....you suggesting I become some shallow “graphics whore” to limit its growth? Ya pass. 

The creative lead was a good thing for Halo, Rod too. Halo 5s story was bad to say the least and needs to go back to its roots. Gears 5 has problems with the gameplay feeling dated, its multiplayer structure and player retention. These have nothing to do with cross gen and how dare you try to troll by linking them together  

Last edited by sales2099 - on 01 March 2020

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

goopy20 said:
Conina said:

Yes, it is a shame that Ghost of Tsushina is a cross gen title, but it is what is. However, I would be a lot less excited for next gen if Sony announced that all their 1st party games would be cross gen for the first couple of years, instead of blindly trying to defend it. 

Because quality ultimately speaks louder. Your whole argument is “hype”. Hype is like a house of cards: flimsy, susceptible to change, and ends in an instant.

And you act like cross gen games can’t be hyped up, ridiculous.

sales2099 said:
goopy20 said:

Yes, it is a shame that Ghost of Tsushina is a cross gen title, but it is what is. However, I would be a lot less excited for next gen if Sony announced that all their 1st party games would be cross gen for the first couple of years, instead of blindly trying to defend it. 

Because quality ultimately speaks louder. Your whole argument is “hype”. Hype is like a house of cards: flimsy, susceptible to change, and ends in an instant.

And you act like cross gen games can’t be hyped up, ridiculous.

How are you so certain that Halo will be quality and a next gen exclusive will not? Are you now seriously saying Halo Infinite will be better because it's cross gen and actually would have been worse as a next gen only title?