By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - MS: 1st party Xbox games will be cross-gen for "next year, two years"

yvanjean said:
LudicrousSpeed said:

Teh Chartz in a nutshell. A popular argument that used to be had here was how Sony supported their consoles for a decade+ and MS was the opposite supposedly abandoning customers the prior two gens and now we have MS continuing to support OG Xbone customers so you'd think it would be a positive thing but nah, what a shock, it's pure shit. Same as BC, instead of being seen as a good pro-consumer move it's nah, waste of money, distraction for poor sales, pure fan service and no big deal.

Well it was true at the time with Xbox one, BC and gamepass were added in a time where Microsoft investment in studios wasn't the greatest. They use to make fun of gamepass because all you got were old Halo games and Crackdown 3.

Microsoft tried funding 3rd party studios to make exclusives but we all know how a waste of money that was and we got major cancelled like Fables Legend and Scalebound at the top of the list. Now Microsoft flip the table and on them, they improved and dealt with all of their past failures.

Microsoft services as surpass the competition by far and it's not something they will easily admit.

Xbox one X Enhanced backward compatible is something that need to become standard in the industry.

Edit: Just look at Nintendo still porting WiiU game to the Switch at almost full retail price. The PS5 is probably going to try to pawn full retail PS4 Enhanced & Remastered game on their customers. 

Gamepass was suppose to be a service were game get added and removed... But seem like no one reminded Microsoft that they are supposed to remove games. The services just keep on adding games. Even Microsoft forgot to update their main gamepass page they still have this statement on their website "Immerse yourself in a deep library of more than 100 high-quality console and PC games. Join the fun in new games or catch up on a recent hit. With Xbox Game Pass, you always have something new to play." 

But, There over 250 games on gamepass and ...

Confirmed games coming to Xbox Game Pass in future

Here are all known future Xbox Game Pass releases.

First-party Xbox Game Pass games:

• Ori and the Will of the Wisp (February 11, 2020)
  • Minecraft Dungeons (2020)
  • Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020)
  • Psychonauts 2 (2020)
  • Halo Infinite (2020)
  • Bleeding Edge (2020)
  • Battletoads (TBA)
  • Grounded
  • Tell Me Why
  • Wasteland 3 (2020)

Third-party Xbox Game Pass games without a release date:

• Blazing Chrome (TBA)
  • CrossCode (TBA)
  • Dead Static Drive (TBA)
  • Ikenfell (TBA)
  • Killer Queen Black (TBA)
  • Lord of the Rings (TBA)
  • Night Call (TBA)
  • Phoenix Point (TBA)
  • Riverbond (TBA)
  • Secret Neighbor (TBA)
  • Spiritfarer (TBA)
  • Spirit Renegades (TBA)
  • Supermarket Shriek (TBA)
  • The Good Life (TBA)
  • Totally Accurate Battle Simulator (TBA)
  • Totem Teller (TBA)
  • UnderMine (TBA)
  • Unto the End (TBA)
  • Way to the Woods (TBA)
  • Carrion
  • Cris Tales
  • Cyber Shadow
  • Darksiders III
  • Double Kick Heroes
  • Drake Hollow
  • Edge of Eternity
  • Final Fantasy VII
  • Final Fantasy VIII Remastered
  • Final Fantasy IX
  • Final Fantasy X: HD Remastered
  • Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age
  • Final Fantasy XIII
  • Final Fantasy XIII-2
  • Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII
  • Final Fantasy XV
  • Forager
  • Haven
  • It Lurks Below
  • Levelhead
  • Life Is Strange 2: Episodes 4 and 5
  • My Friend Pedro
  • PHOGS
  • She Dreams Elsewhere
  • SkateBird
  • Streets of Rage 4
  • Scourge Bringer
  • Supraland
  • Tekken 7
  • Touhou Luna Nights
  • The Escapists 2
  • The Red Lantern
  • The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
  • Vambrace: Cold Soul
  • West of Dead
  • Yazuka 0
  • Yazuka Kiwami
  • Yazuka Kiwami 2

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2019-04-30-xbox-game-pass-games-list-price-6010

LudicrousSpeed said:
Wait, so I’m supposed to list the games MS has coming this year, even though they haven’t announced the games coming this year, But it doesn’t matter anyway because you’ve seen the list apparently in console warz somewhere (so then why are you asking me for it). But I’m also supposed to confirm the quality of these unknown and unreleased titles. And you wonder why discussion here sucks and mods have to put warnings in threads 😆

That was on this very thread. Not my list and I canot say that is all. And you are probably right more will probably be anounced in E3 coming this very year. But as of now just look at that list and tell me if it screams quality to you. 

Now dont get me wrong. I dont mean to say smaller games cant be good. Some smaller titles could blow us away, but its more likely that a big budget title by a big studio with years of development has a better chance of impresing us. 

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

Around the Network

Then your description was incorrect, you said some console warz list to show MS has more games than Sony and that post is just talking about GamePass. And no, I can’t talk to the quality of those games because I haven’t played any of them because they aren’t out yet 🤷🏻‍♂️

If you want to speak to the amount of money invested, that’s something we’d have to know concrete info on financials that we don’t get for any game. It also bears saying that many of those games were already in development by those studios before MS acquired them. So GamePass having an impact on their design or investment is nonsense.

They’re clearly giving NT a lot of money to play with, they have three games in the works and are making a new engine or whatever Mara is. Playground and Turn10 clearly get big budgets as do Coalition and 343. Personally idc if they have smaller studios who are focused on smaller titles, it’s not as if Sony and Nintendo don’t have the same thing. They don’t invest as much in Sony Japan games as they do ND and there’s nothing wrong with that.

sales2099 said:
eva01beserk said:

So you admit big games makes less money and now have to make up in multiplayer micro transactions. Games like god of war and spiderman make plenty of money on their own $60 purchase while a the same time bring people in to the platform. Games that nickle and dime you tend to turn people away. 

Yes its an option. An option that deprives big devs of resources and prioritizes little devs who otherwise would be ignored by the vast mayority of gamers. Most people dont have infine resources, so they tend to buy games they really want and thouse tend to be big flashy ones that grave their attention. Now thouse big ones have to share the pot with the little ones, ands its a smaller pot to begin with. 

I said nothing of the sort. I said we don’t know the revenue model. And as a gamer all I care about is the value you get from day 1 titles and GP in general.....lol are you bragging that you like to pay more then me to play 1st party games??? Hey you do you. Why you talking like a developer? If the business model works then we as consumers shouldn’t care how money gets spread. 

Is this what console wars have come to??? Can’t insult GP from a gamers perspective so it’s better to pretend to be down on his luck developer? Lol cmon...

The idea, at least I feel, is that if the attach rate is high enough and once the $1 deals wear off. The service will make so much money as a compounding effect. So it really doesn’t impact the resources they put into their games. 

Im starting to believe that when anyone brings "console wars" into an argument is because you have nothing to say and need to downplay any way possible. Next you will call me a nazi or racist I suppose.

Now from what did you extrapolate me bragging? Im really confused. If devs dont see a return on games then they will invest less in them to compansate. Nobody works knowing they will loose. If I cant afford every game possible, I will choose the very best ones or wait till they are in the sales bin much after. Its how I got throw college. And im pretty sure most gamers who are on that situation would probably opp for gamepass and never buy a full price game as I would back then. But we would know, that is of lower quality but theres nothing we could do. 

But lets do some math then. Lets say a person like you who plays 20 games from GP. they get from you, if you where to pay $120 a year. That in it of itself is the cost of 2 brand new games that came that year. Lets say thats halo infinite and who knows what other big AAA game might come this year. What split do you believe the other 18 games get from that $120. You most likely where gona play halo and lets say forza this year. So just from you alone that $120 will ned to be split somehow with the other 18 games. I dont know the revenue split MS has with GP, but it dosent matter, any split what so ever means less money for the games you where gona buy regardless.

Can that loss be offset by an increased number of subs, so more money coming in but but shared. Could be but it would be an insane amount of subs for that. Of thouse 20 games you played, Im gona just say that the money was distributed equally just to have somethig to work with. thats saying that each game is 20 times less profitable per sub. lets not use you any more and say the average GP user only plays 10 games. thats still means games are 10 times less profitable. So if a game use to sell 5m copies, it would need to now have 50m subs just to brake even. More than the x1 user base in itself. And thats not using you as an example. Using you it would need 100m subs to brake even. So the only way to offset that is to make games that would not cost $60 at launch to begin with. And that sounds to me like the strategy they are going with. 1 big game every year and 4-6 tiny games that combine probably have the budget of that on big game. 

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

LudicrousSpeed said:
Then your description was incorrect, you said some console warz list to show MS has more games than Sony and that post is just talking about GamePass. And no, I can’t talk to the quality of those games because I haven’t played any of them because they aren’t out yet 🤷🏻‍♂️

If you want to speak to the amount of money invested, that’s something we’d have to know concrete info on financials that we don’t get for any game. It also bears saying that many of those games were already in development by those studios before MS acquired them. So GamePass having an impact on their design or investment is nonsense.

They’re clearly giving NT a lot of money to play with, they have three games in the works and are making a new engine or whatever Mara is. Playground and Turn10 clearly get big budgets as do Coalition and 343. Personally idc if they have smaller studios who are focused on smaller titles, it’s not as if Sony and Nintendo don’t have the same thing. They don’t invest as much in Sony Japan games as they do ND and there’s nothing wrong with that.

Dude yes thats exactly it. We dont harp on MS for what they are doing. We understand that there will always be big and small games. Gamepass is not a bad deal because it has smaller games, it would be crazzy to say that. But most sane people dont think that for $120 a year we will get 4AAA games a year and a bunch of indys to AA games. And we have a rough idea on how much they spend on teams, just by the shear number of the size of the team. Most of the studios purchased are very small. So we canot expect big things from them. From the bigger studios wich you mention we can definetly expect AAA. 

goopy20 said:
Mr Puggsly said:

I don't think Phil doing anything particularly wrong. Consoles are crucial for reaching many gamers primarily in the west. Therefore we have the Series X, a console they're hyping on power and maybe we'll see Lockhart as well. On top of that MS, is hyping other things like xCloud.

You speak as if Game Pass is separate from Xbox consoles and also suggest quality has gone down since its inception. I primarily see Game Pass as a service to get people more engaged with ALL 1st party content, whether its on Xbox or PC. It also requires an increase of quantity and quality in content produced to encourage more subscriptions. MS's output quality has actually increased and they acquired some notable studios likely to make sure that continues. I feel you have to ignore everything MS has been doing to maintain your narrative.

In your last paragraph you ignore obvious arguments.

1st party content seems to only be promised on X1 for 2020-2021. Therefore the latest AAA games being able to "reach as many players as possible" or "having their games on as many platforms as possible" may end there... unless xCloud is an option. With xCloud their games technically become accessible to even more people than ever.

I don't know if Series X is at par with a RTX 2080, but a PC wouldn't require a GPU equivalent to Series X to run the same games. Especially if you play with lowered graphics settings, lower resolution, 30 fps, etc. For example, you could play Gears 5 on a PC right now with less GPU power than a X1.

Hence, PC users could still play Series X content with a fraction of the GPU power at lower graphics settings. Which is kinda the idea of the Lockhart console. Also, xCloud allows people to access Series X content without having the needed specs to actually run that content. In theory maybe X1 users will always have access to Series X content via xCloud.

I don't see Gamepass and the Series X separate at all, and that's the problem for me. What MS is telling us is that their main goal is to reach as many players as possible and the Series X is just a platform to win over more GP subscribers. You say that once MS stops supporting the X1 in 2021, having their 1st party exclusives on as many platforms as possible may end there. But if building gamepass subscibers is more important to MS than selling Series X boxes, why would they stop supporting the X1 and main stream pc gamers?  

And no, generally speaking you can't play multiplatform games on a pc with much lower specs than the base console. The minimum requirements for most modern games on pc is a GTX750 or higher, which is the exact equivalent of what's in the ps4/X1. Next gen these requirements should go up big time to match what's in these new consoles, so likely a RTX2070, SSD and a Zen2 Cpu. This might suck for pc gamers who are currently gaming at 4k on a $150 GTX1060, but the cool thing is that we should see a huge leap in visuals and game experiences that were not possible before. However, that's not going to happen with MS's exclusives, if they are so hellbent on getting their games on as many platforms as possible. Unless, of course, Xcloud really becomes a thing and works perfectly. But then there would be little point in releasing the Series X in the first place.

“As many platforms as possible”....stop being so dramatic. It’s 3. XB1, PC, and Series X. After a year it’ll be 2. Xcloud and Game Pass are services within that ecosystem. And people who want Xbox on their phone without actually buying a console. Like a Switch/PS4 owner, suddenly Xcloud is a cheap way to play Xbox games they can’t get. That’s just one example of the many types of gamers. 

I’m trying very hard to get that through to you. Console gamers get Series X. Everybody else is a potential Xcloud gamer, again people who buy consoles but not Xbox consoles.

Who are you to judge a GP user? Some don’t like buying games and being disappointed or don’t mind waiting to play high profile 3rd party games for a low monthly price. The games are the same. It’s how you play them that is your choice. No matter what you choose, MS will have it scaled to be the best it can be, console, PC, whatever.

Anymore “concern trolling” because you certainly don’t sound like someone interested in Xbox, or flaming like insinuating MS doesn’t care about consoles despite them releasing 2 to Sony’s 1... I’d rather lock this thread then to have myself and others keep explaining to you the same thing over and over and over again. 

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Around the Network
eva01beserk said:
sales2099 said:

I said nothing of the sort. I said we don’t know the revenue model. And as a gamer all I care about is the value you get from day 1 titles and GP in general.....lol are you bragging that you like to pay more then me to play 1st party games??? Hey you do you. Why you talking like a developer? If the business model works then we as consumers shouldn’t care how money gets spread. 

Is this what console wars have come to??? Can’t insult GP from a gamers perspective so it’s better to pretend to be down on his luck developer? Lol cmon...

The idea, at least I feel, is that if the attach rate is high enough and once the $1 deals wear off. The service will make so much money as a compounding effect. So it really doesn’t impact the resources they put into their games. 

Im starting to believe that when anyone brings "console wars" into an argument is because you have nothing to say and need to downplay any way possible. Next you will call me a nazi or racist I suppose.

Now from what did you extrapolate me bragging? Im really confused. If devs dont see a return on games then they will invest less in them to compansate. Nobody works knowing they will loose. If I cant afford every game possible, I will choose the very best ones or wait till they are in the sales bin much after. Its how I got throw college. And im pretty sure most gamers who are on that situation would probably opp for gamepass and never buy a full price game as I would back then. But we would know, that is of lower quality but theres nothing we could do. 

But lets do some math then. Lets say a person like you who plays 20 games from GP. they get from you, if you where to pay $120 a year. That in it of itself is the cost of 2 brand new games that came that year. Lets say thats halo infinite and who knows what other big AAA game might come this year. What split do you believe the other 18 games get from that $120. You most likely where gona play halo and lets say forza this year. So just from you alone that $120 will ned to be split somehow with the other 18 games. I dont know the revenue split MS has with GP, but it dosent matter, any split what so ever means less money for the games you where gona buy regardless.

Can that loss be offset by an increased number of subs, so more money coming in but but shared. Could be but it would be an insane amount of subs for that. Of thouse 20 games you played, Im gona just say that the money was distributed equally just to have somethig to work with. thats saying that each game is 20 times less profitable per sub. lets not use you any more and say the average GP user only plays 10 games. thats still means games are 10 times less profitable. So if a game use to sell 5m copies, it would need to now have 50m subs just to brake even. More than the x1 user base in itself. And thats not using you as an example. Using you it would need 100m subs to brake even. So the only way to offset that is to make games that would not cost $60 at launch to begin with. And that sounds to me like the strategy they are going with. 1 big game every year and 4-6 tiny games that combine probably have the budget of that on big game. 

Again...you talking like an industry employee. What do you care where the money goes...as a gamer you just concern yourself with “does the service give me value”. You let MS worry about the business side of things. They seem to be positive about the current state, not that it can’t improve. Your whole rant has nothing to do with us as gamers. 

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

goopy20 said:
Mr Puggsly said:

I don't think Phil doing anything particularly wrong. Consoles are crucial for reaching many gamers primarily in the west. Therefore we have the Series X, a console they're hyping on power and maybe we'll see Lockhart as well. On top of that MS, is hyping other things like xCloud.

You speak as if Game Pass is separate from Xbox consoles and also suggest quality has gone down since its inception. I primarily see Game Pass as a service to get people more engaged with ALL 1st party content, whether its on Xbox or PC. It also requires an increase of quantity and quality in content produced to encourage more subscriptions. MS's output quality has actually increased and they acquired some notable studios likely to make sure that continues. I feel you have to ignore everything MS has been doing to maintain your narrative.

In your last paragraph you ignore obvious arguments.

1st party content seems to only be promised on X1 for 2020-2021. Therefore the latest AAA games being able to "reach as many players as possible" or "having their games on as many platforms as possible" may end there... unless xCloud is an option. With xCloud their games technically become accessible to even more people than ever.

I don't know if Series X is at par with a RTX 2080, but a PC wouldn't require a GPU equivalent to Series X to run the same games. Especially if you play with lowered graphics settings, lower resolution, 30 fps, etc. For example, you could play Gears 5 on a PC right now with less GPU power than a X1.

Hence, PC users could still play Series X content with a fraction of the GPU power at lower graphics settings. Which is kinda the idea of the Lockhart console. Also, xCloud allows people to access Series X content without having the needed specs to actually run that content. In theory maybe X1 users will always have access to Series X content via xCloud.

I don't see Gamepass and the Series X separate at all, and that's the problem for me. What MS is telling us is that their main goal is to reach as many players as possible and the Series X is just a platform to win over more GP subscribers. You say that once MS stops supporting the X1 in 2021, having their 1st party exclusives on as many platforms as possible may end there. But if building gamepass subscibers is more important to MS than selling Series X boxes, why would they stop supporting the X1 and main stream pc gamers?  

And no, generally speaking you can't play multiplatform games on a pc with much lower specs than the base console. The minimum requirements for most modern games on pc is a GTX750 or higher, which is the exact equivalent of what's in the ps4/X1. Next gen these requirements should go up big time to match what's in these new consoles, so likely a RTX2070, SSD and a Zen2 Cpu. This might suck for pc gamers who are currently gaming at 4k on a $150 GTX1060, but the cool thing is that we should see a huge leap in visuals and game experiences that were not possible before. However, that's not going to happen with MS's exclusives, if they are so hellbent on getting their games on as many platforms as possible. Unless, of course, Xcloud really becomes a thing and works perfectly. But then there would be little point in releasing the Series X in the first place.

I don't understand what your argument is. As long as Series X is getting notable content and Game Pass is just an option, there isn't anything to really complain about. You're just whining about options it seems. In fact, MS still pushes actual software sales pretty hard.

Game Pass and xCloud are seemingly designed to work together. Whether it's on Xbox One, PC, mobile device, etc. Again, that could be how MS tries to get many people using these services.

You are speculating that MS will support Xbox One and low end PC specs in perpetuity. There doesn't seem to be any truth in that. Again, xCloud can fill the gap for people wanting to play new games on low end specs.

The example I gave is you can play something like Gears 5 with less GPU power than a X1. This is absolutely true. You're talking about other specs.

My point is you won't need a Series X equivalent GPU in a PC to play the same games. This will be absolutely true thank to adjustable graphics settings.

I think a GTX1060 will be good enough to play AAA 9th gen games fairly well, if you have a 6GB card. Right now 2GB is about the minimum you want to play modern AAA games.

In the end you suggest if xCloud works "perfectly" then we don't need the Series X. It just sounds like you're angry MS is giving too many options.

X1 support is only confirmed a year longer than you seemingly want. You suggest MS will purposely lower the quality of games so they work on more specs. Then you argue xCloud working "perfectly" kills the need for Series X.

All you do is assume the worst and speculate about bad decisions MS could make. Is this entertaining for you, is that all your 400 posts are? My stance is MS is making good decisions at the moment and I look forward to seeing what they do.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

eva01beserk said:
LudicrousSpeed said:

Dude yes thats exactly it. We dont harp on MS for what they are doing. We understand that there will always be big and small games. Gamepass is not a bad deal because it has smaller games, it would be crazzy to say that. But most sane people dont think that for $120 a year we will get 4AAA games a year and a bunch of indys to AA games. And we have a rough idea on how much they spend on teams, just by the shear number of the size of the team. Most of the studios purchased are very small. So we canot expect big things from them. From the bigger studios wich you mention we can definetly expect AAA. 

2 AAA games per year and a bunch of A-AA exclusives is more then acceptable, and frankly on par with some of Playstations years on the market. This year is Halo Infinite and Forza 8 (not official but we all know). Hellblade 2 and Rumored Fable next year. But it could be more (gotta wait till e3). 

Out of the 14 studios 6 are heavy hitters. 343, Coalition, Turn 10, Playground, Ninja Theory, and Obsidian. Rare is AA, Initiative is an unknown but they say AAA so who knows. The rest are indie devs to pad out the heavy hitters. I’d say that’s enough variety in terms of budget and genre diversity that we can reasonably expect. 

So what’s the issue? 

sales2099 said:
eva01beserk said:

Again...you talking like an industry employee. What do you care where the money goes...as a gamer you just concern yourself with “does the service give me value”. You let MS worry about the business side of things. They seem to be positive about the current state, not that it can’t improve. Your whole rant has nothing to do with us as gamers. 

Like an industry employee? No im talking like an adult who knows how economics works. We have to see the benefits and losses to predict the future and for gamepass to work, smaller games is the only viability. So as I gamer, I know not to expect anything big from gamepass or from most of MS studios base on analysis. 

If you want to close your eyes and ears and just belive everything will be fine, thats on you. But thats how people get manipulated and tricked in the world. 

sales2099 said:
eva01beserk said:

2 AAA games per year and a bunch of A-AA exclusives is more then acceptable, and frankly on par with some of Playstations years on the market. This year is Halo Infinite and Forza 8 (not official but we all know). Hellblade 2 and Rumored Fable next year. But it could be more (gotta wait till e3). 

Out of the 14 studios 6 are heavy hitters. 343, Coalition, Turn 10, Playground, Ninja Theory, and Obsidian. Rare is AA, Initiative is an unknown but they say AAA so who knows. The rest are indie devs to pad out the heavy hitters. I’d say that’s enough variety in terms of budget and genre diversity that we can reasonably expect. 

So what’s the issue? 

Who said there was a problem? Just saying keep your expectations in check. Of thouse 6 heavy hitters you Mentioned 4 are locked to specific IP's. The forza horizon team is rumored to be finally be working on something else and that would be amazing if true. From al thouse I expect 1 big game a year and on a good year have 2. That still does not match sony.