By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Ricky Gervais kicks off the Golden Globes telling Hollywood to f*** off

During tonight’s Golden Globe Awards, Gervais praised “The Morning Show” as “a superb drama about the importance of dignity and doing the right thing.” The camera panned to a smiling Tim Cook in the audience, but Gervais’ comments took a sharp turn:

"Apple rolled into the TV game with a superb drama about the importance of dignity and doing the right thing, made by a company that runs sweatshops in China. So, you say you’re woke, but the companies you work for, unbelievable. Apple, Amazon, Disney. If ISIS started a streaming service, you’d call your agent, wouldn’t you? If you do win an award tonight, don’t use it as a platform to make a political speech. You’re not in a position to lecture the public about anything. You know nothing about the real-world. Most of you spent less time in school than Greta Thunberg. So, if you win, come up, accept your little award, thank your agent and your god, and fu*k off."

https://www.insider.com/ricky-gervais-golden-globes-opening-speech-insults-2020-1

Maybe now A list celebrities will think twice before speaking out of their asses

More red pills: 

Joaquin Phoenix to Hollywood Environmentalists: Stop Taking ‘Private Jets’ to Award Shows (fast forward to 2:50):

Last edited by LurkerJ - on 06 January 2020

Around the Network

Big oof.

Oh boy... It needed to be said.

He's never hosting again. 😂

Well... This just made my day.

I agree with him. If those in Hollywood want to express their political views then save it for their Twitter or other social media like everyone else.

Around the Network

That speech turned me on.

Never really liked Gervais but omfg it needed to be said and I'm glad he did it the way he did. Props to him, takes guts to call out your peers.

I do agree with him and have been ignoring political speeches of celebrities because first they don't know what they are talking about and second they live in Ivory Towers and have nill understanding of what the general population live of.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

I do love Ricky, but that little rant is superficial, hypocritical and just plain stupid. It ignores how this world and humans work.

His heart is at the right place and people love it because he's mean to rich people, but it's very much misguided and attacking the wrong people.

Fun little side fact: 90% of what people call political topics are not political at all, but simply humanitarian issues. It's just that certain assholes make it political because they don't know what compassion is.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

So? Isnt this the 5th time he's hosted? He's always said controversial stuff/made fun of hollywood and specific celebrities and movies and this doesnt seem out of the ordinary for him.