By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Then so much for a Starfield blowout if so far out that it will be part of 2 E3s.

Around the Network
Ryuu96 said:
EspadaGrim said:

Then so much for a Starfield blowout if so far out that it will be part of 2 E3s.

Oh man, back to 343 to carry the gameplay, no pressure, again.

I'm thinking gameplay trailer at most for Starfield, hopefully we see gameplay for Wolfenstein, Omen, Typhoon, etc. though.

I don’t expect gameplay from Typhoon and possibly Omen, Wolf 3 has to be far along in development. If Starfield is only a tease then they should just bring back all the CGI/in Engine trailers that they cut out of the show they might as well now.

Ryuu96 said:
EspadaGrim said:

It’s dumb to me that’s XGP didn’t try to snag many AA/Indie deals in 2018 when MS started investing more into 1st party, surely they also had an increase in funding during that time.

As of right now we only have As Dusk Falls and The Gunk as XGP games, part of me wishes that MS just give the bag to GSC GameWorld and make STALKER 2 a full exclusive at this point.

The Gunk is ID@Xbox, although oddly a lifetime exclusive according to Apple vs Epic documents.

The funny thing is Stalker 2 is only 3 months timed exclusive, I would have thought if anything it would have been the other way around, Lol. Ahh well, ID@Xbox is doing a good job Imo.

As Dusk Falls & Crossfire X are the XGP titles, Crossfire X is a weird one, recently XGP have only been involved if they own the IP but Crossfire isn't owned by Microsoft and is a timed exclusive so I guess they made an exception.

It's a bit weird given how their main PR person was claiming that it is not coming to Playstation at all on Twitter. Not sure what's changed. Anyway, I still bet that the game is not coming out this year.

derpysquirtle64 said:
Ryuu96 said:

The Gunk is ID@Xbox, although oddly a lifetime exclusive according to Apple vs Epic documents.

The funny thing is Stalker 2 is only 3 months timed exclusive, I would have thought if anything it would have been the other way around, Lol. Ahh well, ID@Xbox is doing a good job Imo.

As Dusk Falls & Crossfire X are the XGP titles, Crossfire X is a weird one, recently XGP have only been involved if they own the IP but Crossfire isn't owned by Microsoft and is a timed exclusive so I guess they made an exception.

It's a bit weird given how their main PR person was claiming that it is not coming to Playstation at all on Twitter. Not sure what's changed. Anyway, I still bet that the game is not coming out this year.

Just because the exclusivity for one game expires doesn't mean that it will automatically be launched on other platforms (see REVIIR). You will need a certain amount of people to work in each version of the game and some studios simply don't have the manpower to do that. Since the original game was PC only they probably didn't have any plans to bring it to consoles in the first place and MS was the one who approached them to bring it to Xbox.

Major nod to the Bethesda/Xbox relationshipWolfenstein 3 gameplay, no release datePhil wearing a shirt with the number 20 on itState of Decay 3 screenshots only and devs discussing concepts and challengesGrounded release date 
Famous movie star plugging some game and coming off a little awkwardForza Horizon 5 gameplay trailerMusical performance leading into a long-anticpated titleNew Xbox IPHogwarts Legacy gameplay trailer
Halo Infinite Multi-player short teaserUnannounced game with a 2021 release dateFree SpaceThe Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion Remake or Remastered in developmentMinecraft Dungeons Ultimate/Complete edition Fall release
A new The Ascent trailerSeries version of Minecraft release date windowHideo Kojima as surprise guest and some kind of partnershipStarfield gameplayScorn release date window
Everwild gameplayA 2nd unannounced game with a 2021 release dateSomething Sea of Thieves relatedESO graphics update showcaseHalo Infinite Campaign detailed progress update

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

Around the Network

Wow, this thread is nearly at 20k posts... Crazy.

EspadaGrim said:

The only thing I don’t understand is why would the MS sources lie or have outdated info

Sounds like the date was set for 2021 until recently, sources just told us what they knew. However until confirmed by MS themselves I would take release dates as speculative. Delays are expected.

Ryuu96 said:

FWIW Linkedin is off by 40 (says 110 on Linkedin).

So they are big enough to potentially be working on another project outside of Hellblade 2 and Project Mara.

They will continue to grow this year now that they are allowed to work from their new office so they could possibly hit near 200 total.

Ryuu96 said:

So they plan to grow larger than 50 employees in the coming years, they should try to recruit the guy developing Tunic since he is from the same city.

Hopefully they work on bigger projects in the future it doesn’t necessarily have to be AAA.

Anyone else tried the Scarlett Nexus demo? It's pretty fun. Completely sold me on the game.