By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Killer is Instinct 2? https://mobile.twitter.com/MauroNL3/status/1395011205954211840?s=19

Around the Network
Ryuu96 said:
EspadaGrim said:

Killer is Instinct 2? https://mobile.twitter.com/MauroNL3/status/1395011205954211840

Don't want to get my hopes up, I think that could be read as them assisting on the development of something.

Also I would struggle to call Killer Instinct an AAA franchise.

KI 3 was greenlit during the Don Matrick Era and MS didn’t give it a big budget because they want it to be episodic Season 2 was never guaranteed, with Spencer at the helm why wouldn’t they give it a proper budget this time to compete with other Fighting game franchises like Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat.

Ryuu96 said:

"Spin-off of an Xbox IP" Jez referred to - I can't really predict this one because I know the answer. Interesting, a bit more niche.

-

Hmm, so Klob knows what the spinoff is and it's a niche IP?

Is this one being developed by 1st or 3rd party?

Ryuu96 said:

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

...just finished Yakuza like a Dragon, noticed George Takei's name in the end credits, and I was wut? I didn't realize he was voicing a central character, now I'm going to have to revisit some of the chapters. I don't know how I missed it, he has one of the most recognizable voices and it flew right past me.

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

Around the Network
DroidKnight said:

...just finished Yakuza like a Dragon, noticed George Takei's name in the end credits, and I was wut? I didn't realize he was voicing a central character, now I'm going to have to revisit some of the chapters. I don't know how I missed it, he has one of the most recognizable voices and it flew right past me.

I recently had a oddly similar realisation in Mass Effect. Marina Sirtis, known as Councillor Troi in Star Trek next generation, is the voice of Matriarch Benezia.

Missed it on my first playthrough way back when...picked it up instantly this time around.

ironmanDX said:
DroidKnight said:

I recently had a oddly similar realisation in Mass Effect. Marina Sirtis, known as Councillor Troi in Star Trek next generation, is the voice of Matriarch Benezia.

Missed it on my first playthrough way back when...picked it up instantly this time around.

Sweet, I'm a big trekie and my Mass Effect legendary edition just arrived today, looking forward to it.  I'll be going in completely blind to Mass Effect.

shikamaru317 said:

George Takei has a very recognizable voice, I hear characters voiced by him all the time in various cartoons and things and instantly know it is him.

As for Marina Sirtis, I instantly recognized her voice on Benezia's very first cutscene, same as Seth Green on Joker. 

Yup. Seth Green as Joker was recognised instantly by me during my first playthrough back in the day.

I had only watched...maybe 10 Star Trek Next Generation episodes playing through the first time. Had been binging it about a year ago though and have only a season or 2 to go.

Makes me wonder how many other voice actors I've missed over the years though.

Well, I need to get cracking on that then. The first 2 have been in my backlog since forever... Have heard to many negative things about the third from fans of the series to steer clear of it though...

I may just wait for the reboot... IDK...

It appears that almost every WB studios is going to move over to WarnerDiscovery including Mortal Kombat and NetherRealm. https://mobile.twitter.com/BrandoLightShed/status/1395106635287339011

I think that the chances of them being sold off are low now but I guess that all depends on the new CEO in charge of them, WarnerDiscovery also owns DC comics so they can continue to make games based on that IP if they decide to keep em.