By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

I very much doubt that Discovery are going to want to be in the Video Game business outside of licensing out the DC IPs to the highest bidder. MS should def make an offer to try to snag whoever they possibly can.

Around the Network

Imagine if MS goes for NetherRealm and manages to snag the Mortal Kombat IP as well, it would be huge blow to Sony after the EVO acquisition if MS all of sudden has the biggest Fighting game IP (in terms of sales) and also a dev for Killer Instinct.

Last edited by EspadaGrim - on 17 May 2021

Ryuu96 said:
VersusEvil said:

AT&T are pure gutter trash.

Yup, it's fucking hilarious that they only acquired WB about 2-3 years ago for $85bn and are already dumping them in a merger worth $43bn, what a loss.

I'm not too familiar with Discovery, I wish WB could remain independent (the entire company) and it's going to suck seeing the gaming division broken up into pieces, even more so if Discovery or AT&T just decides to straight up close certain studios which is a possibility.

They're only dumping 29% off on Discovery. Probably gonna sell the other 71% to Comcast. 

Last edited by Angelus - on 17 May 2021

Ryuu96 said:
Angelus said:

They're only dumping 21% off on Discovery. Probably gonna sell the other 79% to Comcast. 

Huh? I've read that AT&T is merging Warner Bros, HBO, DC, etc. with Discovery which sounds like a lot more than 21% of WB, sounds like basically the entire company, Lol, where does Comcast come into this?

Discovery is gonna get to run WarnerMedia, but AT&T isn't selling them the whole thing. Far from it. They're gonna look for a bigger buyer to take the rest off their hands. We're gonna see some consolidation here from some businesses that wanna be in the streaming game, but don't individually have the goods to compete with the likes of Netflix, Amazon, and Disney. Comcast makes sense. 

Edit: Sorry, it was 29% to Discovery, vs 71% that AT&T will look to pawn off elsewhere 

Last edited by Angelus - on 17 May 2021

Ryuu96 said:

Oh I see what you mean.

AT&’s shareholders would receive stock representing 71% of the new company; Discovery shareholders would own 29% of the new company.

https://about.att.com/story/2021/warnermedia_discovery.html

So you think AT&T will eventually sell their share in this new company? Hmm, I'm not too sure about that but AT&T is fucking clueless lately so who knows.

Yes. They're absolutely going to sell the rest. It's inevitable. They still got a ton of debt they'd like to get out from under, and they really just wanna be out of the entertainment business at this point. You don't let somebody else run what's still in actuality your business unless you don't want any part of it. 

Around the Network

Replaying Mass effect 1 legendary Edition it's just reminding me how much I loved this series.

Baddman said:

Replaying Mass effect 1 legendary Edition it's just reminding me how much I loved this series.

Yeah, me too. Really struggled to pick up the controller for a majority of this year. Mass Effect is looking to be the game that gets me back into it.

shikamaru317 said:

Speaking of Mass Effect, my continued first time playing impressions:

-Mako stuff really kind of sucks. The Mako maps are quite large and like 95% empty, leading to long travel times while exploring them since the Mako isn't all that fast. The bases you can find and enter on those planets/moons are the same 2 types repeated over and over with little variation. The Mako itself still doesn't control that well even with the improvements they made to it for Legendary edition. I definitely see why they killed the Mako stuff in ME2 and ME3, it's just pointless filler fluff really.

-Had one crash today on a loading screen, lost about 7 minutes of playtime because the autosave system doesn't save as frequently as I would like it to. 

Yeah, Mako does suck and is filler. It was implemented better in Andromeda. I would rather just send a drone down to do my work like in the following games.

7 minutes isn't too bad considering IMO.

shikamaru317 said:
ironmanDX said:

Yeah, Mako does suck and is filler. It was implemented better in Andromeda. I would rather just send a drone down to do my work like in the following games.

7 minutes isn't too bad considering IMO.

Yeah, could have been alot worse. Hopefully I won't get any more crashes. 

I'm more triggered at the lack of Achievement tracking if 'm honest.

Also, I used the play disc to install the game and patch. 

The install disc has yet to be used...Hopefully it has Me:2 and 3 on it.

Glad to see The Ascent finally get a release date, but now it's going to interfere with my gaming lineup I had scheduled for the rest of the year. I'll reschedule.

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.