By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

XGS was very strong this year. It really makes me excited for this upcoming generation.

Around the Network

Ever since MS launched the first xbox, I largely ignored the platform because there wasn't much of a reason for me to pay for the console as PC + Nintendo + PS generally gave me everything I needed and they still do. But with the new generation, MS has finally given me a reason that's too hard to resist. So... I pre-ordered the Series X via xbox all access through EB games! Guess I will be joining the Xbox gang this generation!

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Captain_Yuri said:
Ever since MS launched the first xbox, I largely ignored the platform because there wasn't much of a reason for me to pay for the console as PC + Nintendo + PS generally gave me everything I needed and they still do. But with the new generation, MS has finally given me a reason that's too hard to resist. So... I pre-ordered the Series X via xbox all access through EB games! Guess I will be joining the Xbox gang this generation!

Congrats! Let us know what you think once you get the console. 

this is only because his 3080 hasn't arrived yet

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

I assume obsidians studiosize is many times smaller when compared with the team that did fallout 3/4
Atleast thats how the outer words feels for me, grade A content but not much, mass effecty in size i suppose

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network
kirby007 said:
I assume obsidians studiosize is many times smaller when compared with the team that did fallout 3/4
Atleast thats how the outer words feels for me, grade A content but not much, mass effecty in size i suppose

Other Worlds was never meant to be a big game in the 1st place even in terms of game length, the project was somewhere between AA-AAA in terms of budget too.

Obsidian were bigger way back then, they released both Alpha Protocol and New Vegas in 2010 and then Dungeon Siege 3 in 2011. They are still a good sized studio though.

Last edited by EspadaGrim - on 06 October 2020

shikamaru317 said:
kirby007 said:

Obsidian has about 220 devs currently, but they are split across 4 teams:

• Avowed team- About 130 devs
  • The Outer Worlds team- About 70 devs
  • Grounded- About 15 devs
  • Josh Sawyer new IP team- Maybe 5 devs

By comparison, Bethesda had about 110 devs on Fallout 4 (compared to about 90 on Skyrim and 70 on Fallout 3), though they also had outside assistance on the game, including nearly 100 Zenimax QA testers and about 30 contract developers from Behaviour Interactive (Dead By Daylight studio) assisting them. They were once known to be one of the smallest AAA studios in terms of dev count, which is the main reason why their games were notorious for being buggy on release. However, they have expanded considerably the last 5 years, opening 3 satellite studios in addition to expansion at their main studio. They now have about 200 devs at the main studio in Rockville Maryland, 89 devs at their Montreal studio, 45 devs at their Dallas studio, and 91 devs at their Austin studio. The Austin studio developed Fallout 76 and continues to support it with content. The other 3 studios, which have about 335 combined devs between them, are currently developing both Starfield and Elder Scrolls 6 Hammerfell concurrently, with the majority on Starfield. 

Obsidian definitely needs to expand both the Avowed team and the Outer Worlds team. If the Outer Worlds team is indeed going to be developing the next Fallout like it seems, they're going to need alot more devs to pull it off imo. Thankfully, Obsidian currently has 22 open job listings, so they are still expanding.

Man imagine if Montreal and Dallas expand to be able to develop their own AAA projects, BGS could be 4 AAA capable studios or 5 if Rockville can expand further to and become 2 teams. It’s still crazy to think that MS now own a studio that is IMO bigger in terms of importance than 343 Industries and The Coalition.

That being said im not going to do a second run, i doubt playing with a different build will change much.

Well, after playing AWE expansion it's safe to expect a Control sequel in couple of years. It'll most likely be set in Bright Falls and will also be a sequel to Alan Wake.

Ryuu96 said:

I'm waiting after this actually. I am playing on GamePass streaming way more than what I was expecting.

I have the Razer Kishi and the small clip for Xbox controllers and I prefer BY FAR the clip, this feels way better and it is like playing on my TV basically.

I am playing almost every evening when going to (I want to play the whole "A Plague Tale" game on it) and I have to say that this is working like a charm; if this is available on PC or even on console, you can play a lot of game without installing them too and for a non-multiplayer game, this works perfectly fine. (even played Doom single player and it is really fine).