By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
jason1637 said:
Free Halo is so dumb when there is gamepass.

Why is free dumb? On what dimension?

Around the Network
Goatseye said:
jason1637 said:

its simple really, jason once again posts before actually thinking logically

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Avowed looked really cool and it’s based in the PoE world. Halo looked nice too but I don’t know about open world tho. Need to check the rest of the announced games. Might get a Xbox the coming generation. :)

I am a Nintendo fanatic.

Goatseye said:
Shaunodon said:

Getting rid of Gold is good. Hard pass to the rest. They already butchered Halo 5 chasing the CoD dream. Are they that stupid to chase the next gaming trend? Just make a damn Halo game, that's all people want.

You’re talking about Reach, chief.

H5 is nowhere close to being a copy of COD gameplay. That’s arena shooter done different, like every evolving medium.

You’re both actually thinking of halo 4

Fully custom loadouts

perks

care packages 

also the scoring system 

Goatseye said:
jason1637 said:

You have a service and to grow your service you need content to get people to sub. If you give it away for free you dont incentivize people to sub to gamepass. 

Even if the campaign is in gamepass only 1/4 or 1/3rd of Halo fans play campaign so the majority wont need to subscribe to get the part of the game they want.

Around the Network
kirby007 said:
Goatseye said:

its simple really, jason once again posts before actually thinking logically

🧢

what is better for the gamers tho?

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

kirby007 said:
what is better for the gamers tho?

The best for gamers is that Gamepass continue growing and with its growth we, gamers, will get more and better content. Gamepass, in my opinion, is the best thing that happened to gamers this generation. If paying $10 to play Halo is going to improve it, I'm all for it.

You guys realise that Sea of Thieves reached 15 million player in two years, while being early access game reviewed poorly? If SoT can do this Halo can easily reach 30 million in the first 12 months, especially if it is available day one on Steam. The quality of the game will be the limit not Gamepass subscription total.

Alright, this is definitely the best reaction/basic-analysis I've seen now, and it's helped alleviate my concerns. 'Bit long but a good watch (and not negative/clickbaitey like it seems):

He also seems to believe the '10 year plan' isn't related to F2P or live-service, which I hope is the case. Nothing about F2P belongs in Halo. But I'm totally fine with the idea of long-term content support. It actually sounds promising.

jason1637 said:
Goatseye said:

You have a service and to grow your service you need content to get people to sub. If you give it away for free you dont incentivize people to sub to gamepass. 

Even if the campaign is in gamepass only 1/4 or 1/3rd of Halo fans play campaign so the majority wont need to subscribe to get the part of the game they want.

I see what you saying but MS needs to entice people to own Xbox so they can grow GamePass even more. Imagine that Gears, Forza and Halo MP are free of Gold. It would add an immense amount of players from vast background, whom would be some way or another, interested in some GamePass offerings.