By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

so how is Forza Motorsport only in early development? the last standalone release from Turn 10 was in 2017 and while I know they help with Horizon as well and continued updating Motorsport 7 for a while, that's still a lengthy period of time since then, especially since they took an additional year of development?

edit: though there was that rumor that a lot of xbox game studios were helping with Halo Infinite to make sure it came out at launch which resulted in delays of some of them so maybe that's true? 

Around the Network

Hm, so I take it that since Forza Motorsport is in "early development" we shouldn't expect a 2021 release? Probably means an even longer period of time before we see Horizon 5 as well.

I'm actually glad a lot of the games announced from MS aren't coming to Xbox One.

Avowed, State of Decay 3, Fable, Forza Motorsport, Everwild, Hellblade 2 are all confirmed Series X only, so why did Phil/Matt make that dumb statement about no next gen exclusives for 2 years?

This is one of the biggest positives that came out of the showcase since this means that The Initiative’s, Inxile’s and Compulsion’s games are very likely to be next gen only too.

I don't know why people don't like the games being cross gen. People that buy the console on the last two years of its life deserve to get some new games. They should have some games like Titanfall, Forza Horizon 2 ans Rise of the Tomb Raider.

I can understand if it can't be done entirely due to hardware limitations, but if it just a normal development of graphics that can be downgraded easily, why not?

Halo is a good example of a game that can be done on Xbox one. I don't see why it can't be running at 1080 or even lower at 30 FPS with reduced graphics settings if needed. It won't change the game on new Xbox. Give gamers the option and let them choose whether to updgrade or not.

Last edited by I LOVE GIGGS - on 24 July 2020

Around the Network
shikamaru317 said:
trunkswd said:

3:47 into the video she says 343 told her the gameplay is still in progress and an early build. 

Hopefully at least means that the pop-in issues will be fixed ahead of release. Doubt we'll see a graphical improvement this close to release, but I guess it's possible we could see a small improvement.

This is exactly what people said about Gears of War 4 beta. And they were wrong, improvements were huge. 

Here's an interview about Halo Infinite: https://www.videogameschronicle.com/features/interviews/halo-infinite/

"Lee: Halo Infinite is still very much in development. The team is very focussed on bringing the best experience possible to fans and we still have a ways to go. So this is definitely a pre-release version of the game that folks are seeing today."

I liked that there were no game play segments and I wished they even removed Halo. Main shows should be 2-3 minutes, at most, trailers about the games. If anyone interested, they can check the gameplay in the floor, in conferences, or YouTube. I don't want to see 5-10 minutes trailer showing gameplay anymore. Show me the games quickly and let me choose what game to look up more details for.

I agree that no gameplay at all is wrong. Like we saw Everwild two years in a row and we still don't know what is the game about yet. That is totally unacceptable. It is OK to tease us the first year with a trailer but the second year should show the game, especially a new IP.

What I'm saying is gameplay segment shouldn't be in the main show. I'd rather see a 30 minutes show rather than a 2 hours show that is filled with 5-6 games having 10 minutes gameplay videos. Again, if I like the trailer, I can go and check the gameplay videos or play it in the show floor later on.

The jump in graphics quality and direction between State of Decay 3 and the first three days remind me of the jump from GTA 2 to GTA 3. I didn't realise it was SoD 3 until I saw the logo.

I LOVE GIGGS said:
I liked that there were no game play segments and I wished they even removed Halo. Main shows should be 2-3 minutes, at most, trailers about the games. If anyone interested, they can check the gameplay in the floor, in conferences, or YouTube. I don't want to see 5-10 minutes trailer showing gameplay anymore. Show me the games quickly and let me choose what game to look up more details for.

I agree that no gameplay at all is wrong. Like we saw Everwild two years in a row and we still don't know what is the game about yet. That is totally unacceptable. It is OK to tease us the first year with a trailer but the second year should show the game, especially a new IP.

What I'm saying is gameplay segment shouldn't be in the main show. I'd rather see a 30 minutes show rather than a 2 hours show that is filled with 5-6 games having 10 minutes gameplay videos. Again, if I like the trailer, I can go and check the gameplay videos or play it in the show floor later on.

It hasn’t even been a year that Everwild was revealed at X019. 
I haven’t read much of this thread but I guess you guys didn’t like show. To me it was fantastic. I reckon that everyone wanted Halo to look mind blowing but they showed a demo of an old build and the gameplay still looks fantastic.

derpysquirtle64 said:

Forza 8 announcement and release date Halo Infinite release date Fable announcement. No release date Psychonauts 2 release date Gears Tactics gets Series X port at launch
Gears 5 Series X patch Everwild gameplay trailer. No release date Hellblade 2 gameplay. No release date Minecraft Series X update shown ID@Xbox segment
Big third party game day one on Gamepass MS drops Gold for online play COD BLOPS shown. Marketing deal. Multiplayer Beta dated Assassin's Creed Valhalla trailer
Cyberpunk 2077 shown on Series X New RPG game from Obsidian announced. No release date GamePass segment No studio acquisitions XO20 announcement
No price announcement No Series S announcement New InXile game announced. No release date New Double Fine game announced. No release date Halo Infinite Beta drops not long after the show

Only 6/24. Would be 8/24 if ID@Xbox segment during pre show counts and that the whole show is a big GamePass segment.