By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

I felt like Rand was hinting about mp being free weeks ago Lol I hope it is Free and not behind GP

Around the Network

Since they took away the 1 year Gold cards, it got me thinking. They may make all multiplayer free and make Gold purely as a marketplace perk. Like all Xbox gamers get sales on games but Gold provides deeper cuts to prices on top of the free games per month. It will be included in GP Ultimate.

That could work. Multiplayer is free giving Xbox a distinct advantage and Gold retains itself as something that pays for itself if you spend a lot at the marketplace and a incentive to get GPU.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Sea of thieves showing really nice growth. Glad to see.

Wtf that’s amazing for SoT. 50% growth in 2020 alone and 3.3 million monthly users is insane. 

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Ryuu96 said:
Must be around 5-6m sales by now given near 8.4m players it was reported to be around a 50/50 split between players and sales.

I thinks its closer to 6-8 million. 

Around the Network

I can see Halo MP being live service but not campaign

Ryuu96 said:

Halo Infinite, interesting quotes there, especially comparing it to MCC, is he suggesting Halo Infinite is heavily going to be a live service game? There's been theories in the past around those lines.

I mean....the game is called Halo Infinite. One doesn't need to speculate very far past that to arrive at the conclusion that this will be a live service game.

Ryuu96 said:
Angelus said:

I mean....the game is called Halo Infinite. One doesn't need to speculate very far past that to arrive at the conclusion that this will be a live service game.

Well I mean more like Destiny, which I didn't expect Halo to go in.

If you wanna release a sequel to Halo Infinite, what do you call it?

Infinite 2?

Beyond Infinity?

Forever?

Eternal?

Unless Infinite falls flat on it's face, it will be a platform for future Halo stories over the next decade. 

Ryuu96 said:
Angelus said:

If you wanna release a sequel to Halo Infinite, what do you call it?

Infinite 2?

Beyond Infinity?

Forever?

Eternal?

Unless Infinite falls flat on it's face, it will be a platform for future Halo stories over the next decade. 

I mean, it's just a subtitle, they if they wanted to could call a future sequel whatever subtitle they wanted.

I'm not sure about a platform for future Halo stories, if they did it better not be a bunch of smaller expansions broken up, I still want my huge budget 8 hour+ stories.

They'll likely have to expand a lot, Bungie for reference is 800 employees in comparison to 343's ~600.

I don't view it as "just" a subtitle. When you ditch numbers for the first time in a mainline game, and call the game Infinite, that bears significance as far as I'm concerned. 

Isnt Infinite the final Halo in the second trilogy? Doubt there would be a sequel to it.