By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Everyone raise your hand if you've never heard of Rukari, but think it sounds like something that would go well on a salad.

Around the Network
Ryuu96 said:
Angelus said:
Everyone raise your hand if you've never heard of Rukari, but think it sounds like something that would go well on a salad.

Bruh

He's the one in the middle.

He was also Community Manager for Killer Instinct.

Ok fine, so apparently he goes in a sandwich, not on a salad. My bad.

Ryuu96 said:

Gimme Halo Megablocks, Halo Wars 3, Halo: Contact Harvest, Halo RPG, Halo: ODST 2, Halo: The Flood, etc.

Just don't give me more fucking mobile games.

Yes

Angelus said:
Ryuu96 said:

Bruh

He's the one in the middle.

He was also Community Manager for Killer Instinct.

Ok fine, so apparently he goes in a sandwich, not on a salad. My bad.

well he does have that shiteating grin of a saladtosser LMAO

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Nelson is a legend and meeds to stay on the team. I dont really care about anyone else.

Around the Network
Angelus said:

It sounds almost like Runkkari which means a wanker in Finnish. So I wouldn't put it on my salad. 

I like the guy though, just didn't know how name. Also the guy with glasses who did the last infamous Inside Xbox had a very likeable voice and face. Major Nelson is great too.

Ryuu96 said:
Angelus said:

Yes

That Halo Megablocks looked fun.

You have a point about ODST 2 though, cause 343 kinda fucked any chances of that ever happening up without making it an entirely different cast.

You'd want them to call a Flood title just "The Flood"? 🤔

I think a proper flood horror type game (which I assume is what you're after) would be so different from any other Halo game, which are ultimately all power fantasies at the end of the day (aside from ODST, which is in a bit of a grey area), that you'd be better off divorcing yourself from the Halo title, and the expectations that brings. Just because it's Halo universe related, doesn't mean it needs to be called Halo.

Ryuu96 said:
Angelus said:

I think a proper flood horror type game (which I assume is what you're after) would be so different from any other Halo game, which are ultimately all power fantasies at the end of the day (aside from ODST, which is in a bit of a grey area), that you'd be better off divorcing yourself from the Halo title, and the expectations that brings. Just because it's Halo universe related, doesn't mean it needs to be called Halo.

The marketing guys would definitely disagree

I somewhat get your point but I can't see them throwing away the massive marketing power of the Halo brand name.

You can fracture and damage a brand name by throwing it around too much. Use it where it's appropriate. There's no point in throwing the Halo name on a horror title. The Flood is an obvious enough tie in, and anyone who cares about any kind Halo lore will understand the connection without the title reading Halo ahead of it. Anyone who wouldn't be able to draw said connection only plays Halo for the power fantasy that it is, and isn't likely to be particularly interested in your spin off story, beyond perhaps simply also being fans of horror games on their own merit.

A parent shopping for the new Halo game their kid wants doesn't need to be worrying about Halo suddenly being a scary, dark, potentially scarring gorefest, among other things.

trunkswd said:
shikamaru317 said:

I'm 100% down for more Halo spinoffs. My top 5 most wanted Halo spin-offs:

-Mass Effect like Halo RPG
-Arbiter focused game set between 5 and Infinite maybe
-Halo Wars 3
-Halo Megablocks revival
-Flood horror game, where Flood spores somehow end up on a civilian transport with limited security personnel. Mix of Outlast style run and hide or die horror, and 1st person survival-horror once you find a gun later in the game (but you have to use it sparingly due to limited ammo)

If Nintendo can do it with Mario, why not Microsoft with Halo? As long as the games are of high quality I am all for it. 

I would just love to see one of those 2. Esp. the RPG, the Halo universe is so big and awesome; could be an epic RPG if well done.

Ryuu96 said:

Halo Wars 3 definitely needs to happen if Red Team, Spirit of Fire or The Banished aren't being introduced into mainline Halo.

I really hope they bring them into the main games. I loved Halo Wars 2 and while we already learn in them about some disparities within the covenant factions, the banished is actually big and kicked some asses (esp. covenant ones) :)