By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox Empire - Game Pass Surpasses 18m Subscribers

Shaunodon said:

When are games usually available to pre-load on Xbox? Also, anyone have a good idea when the review embargo lifts for Cyberpunk 2077?

Not sure when you will be able to preload Cyberpunk, should be soon though. Review embargo drops December 7th at Noon EST from what I've heard, 3 days before release.



Around the Network
shikamaru317 said:
Shaunodon said:

When are games usually available to pre-load on Xbox? Also, anyone have a good idea when the review embargo lifts for Cyberpunk 2077?

Not sure when you will be able to preload Cyberpunk, should be soon though. Review embargo drops December 7th at Noon EST from what I've heard, 3 days before release.

Cheers. Now that we're finally entering the one-week period free from any fears of more delays, I've unpacked my World of Cyberpunk book to get my body Ready. We're almost there fellas.



Shaunodon said:

When are games usually available to pre-load on Xbox? Also, anyone have a good idea when the review embargo lifts for Cyberpunk 2077?

Its usually 2 days before launch.



shikamaru317 said:
jason1637 said:

Does Control have a next gen version?

Yes, but it is not the one that is on Gamepass. The publisher, 505, decided to be dicks and limit the next-gen upgrade to the Control Ultimate Edition, screwing over everybody that bought the base game. They got slammed on social media for the decision, but never caved in and walked it back sadly. 

Damn that sucks. Would have played it sooner of it had the upgrades. Guess I'll try to get to it early next year.



Good Month for Gamepass, interested in 4.



Around the Network

Doom Eternal just got a patch and it improves resolution for Series X and S:

"Updates and Improvements for Xbox

Xbox Series X - Increased default backwards compatibility mode resolution to 4k at 60 HZ (with dynamic resolution scaling)
Xbox Series S - Increased default backwards compatibility mode resolution to 1080p at 60 HZ (with dynamic resolution scaling)"

It's still an X1 title though.
Last edited by Barozi - on 01 December 2020

Barozi said:

Doom Eternal just got a patch and it improves resolution for Series X and S:

"Updates and Improvements for Xbox

Xbox Series X - Increased default backwards compatibility mode resolution to 4k at 60 HZ (with dynamic resolution scaling)
Xbox Series S - Increased default backwards compatibility mode resolution to 1080p at 60 HZ (with dynamic resolution scaling)"

It's still an X1 title though.

The power of Smart Delivery. Rocket league did a framerate bump on the Series consoles but apparently its still the X1 version. 



DF just posted their Boderlands 3 next-gen comp:

Seems like one of the better upgrades so far for all 3 systems. Near-locked 4k/60 on PS5 and Series X, even more stable 60fps on Series S with dynamic-res upto 1400p and generally holds close to that. Shadows and foliage density slightly better on PS5. 120fps modes for PS5 and Series X (not S), which hold pretty close to the target especially on Series X, and even better with VRR support for Series X.

Also a free upgrade for any current owners.



konnichiwa said:
shikamaru317 said:

Ah, so I wasn't the last one waiting. I feel for you man. 

Yup, I was number 11th who pre ordered, number 8 who ordered the X version.  The first shipment existed out of 6 series X/S consoles.....So yeah second shipment should be me. Oh well with Xone we had to wait to 10 months..

So, Xbox One only was released in Belgium in second half 2014? That's really weird. Didn't know that Xbox One launch was so badly mismanaged to even have such a big delay in Western European countries.



 

derpysquirtle64 said:
konnichiwa said:

Yup, I was number 11th who pre ordered, number 8 who ordered the X version.  The first shipment existed out of 6 series X/S consoles.....So yeah second shipment should be me. Oh well with Xone we had to wait to 10 months..

So, Xbox One only was released in Belgium in second half 2014? That's really weird. Didn't know that Xbox One launch was so badly mismanaged to even have such a big delay in Western European countries.

Not just Europe, was super late in alot of countries:

  • September 2 - Chile and Colombia
  • September 4 - Japan
  • September 5 - Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, Greece, Hungary, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Saudi Arabia, Slovakia, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, United Arab Emirates
  • September 15 - Israel
  • September 23 - Hong Kong, India, Korea, Singapore, South Africa, Taiwan, China
  • September 26 - Russia

Released 10 months after the 13 tier one countries in the above markets. What is even more shocking is that MS didn't add any other countries after those 28 markets in 2014. The 13 tier one markets plus these 28 tier 2 markets add up to 41 markets. Xbox Series just launched in 40 of the 41 (only China missing). Pretty sad that MS went the last 5 years without adding any more markets for Xbox. Sony is launching PS5 in 70+ markets I believe, compared to 40 for Xbox Series.

Last edited by shikamaru317 - on 01 December 2020