By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
KiigelHeart said:
Loneken said:

Halo Infinite single player was excellent. and the multiplayer is fun.
I know some features were not ready (Forge and Coop) but the game is not an incomplete package .

I agree about campaign and multiplayer, but it's an incomplete package by definition.

Machiavellian said:

Why should the game be delayed for features that really does not add to the single player experience.  I know myself, I care little about forge.  I do enjoy co-op but only after I finish the game on my first play through as I like to explore a lot and not be tied to someone else. 

So instead of playing and enjoying the the single player game, I would still be waiting on the game just so you guys can experience Forge and Co-op.  I do not know who is saying the game should have been delayed for those features but its nobody that I know.  Usually the most vocal is not always the majority.  If those features are so important than you have the absolute decision to wait until they are released to play the game, no one is forcing you to play the game before than. As to the MP, just like every MP, it has its growing pains but what I noticed the most is that todays gamers seem to have no patience.  Nothing comes out perfect so give them time or not and just move on.

Maybe its just me, I am never pressed to play any game. I usually have way to many options and thus I have endless amount of patience's. I never feel the need to play any game on day one and I have no problems waiting until a developer fixes issues or get a game into a state I want to play.

Since you have the patience of a Shaolin monk, what's the problem in waiting?

Said this before but a flagship title should be a complete package. It's not comparable to new games like Sea of Thieves, this is Halo and 343. They should've known better by now. SoT even got a first exciting update 'Hungering Deep' two months after launch.. 

But in the end it isn't about patience or just about co-op and forge. We'd want a positive buzz  and excitement in Halo community with our live service game, and we'd want devs to feel the positive vibe. And we knew it wouldn't happen if they don't release a full product. It's live service so the idea is not just to wait for a game to be in state you want to play, you also want to enjoy the ride getting there. 

Now they have to work on missing features while struggling to come up with new content. It's hurting the game and 343, no way around it. 

You forget that the MP is done by a totally separate studio so no they are not struggling to come up with new content at the same time they are working on Forge and Co-op.  

What I see all the time is to much caring and not enough playing.  I will admit, I do not have that kind of fanboism in me.  I left it behind a long time ago.  I do not care about buzz, hype or any of those things.  I do not care about missing features I barely or rarely use.  As I have always stated, for the singleplayer I only care about the experience and the game delivered.  Yeah, I could easily have waited until those features were added but then again, 343 made the smart decision and released the Singleplayer instead because those features were not essential to that part of the game.

Around the Network
Ryuu96 said:
gtotheunit91 said:

So confirmation that Redfall will make this year? :D

It'll still be slightly delayed I bet into Holiday, an October release near Halloween would feel perfect for it if it wasn't so close to Starfield, Lol.

I feel like we're soon about to get from "Xbox is too slow on releases" to "there's way too many Xbox releases happening so close together" lol

Was Godfall cancelled on xbox or something? It's not available to buy anywhere and xbox wire didn't even list it on next weeks releases. Wasn't it supposed to release 7th of april?

Ryuu96 said:
gtotheunit91 said:

I feel like we're soon about to get from "Xbox is too slow on releases" to "there's way too many Xbox releases happening so close together" lol

As long as two RPGs don't launch close together, Lol.

Holiday could end up having: Goldeneye HD, As Dusk Falls, Grounded, Forza Motorsport, Redfall, Starfield and maybe Stoic's IP or Sawyer's IP which are both rumoured for 2022 but I doubt both of them will make it, if anything I'd push them both to 2023 and finally get Xbox on a schedule where they have something releasing constantly.

Seems that job above backs up Jez's statement that Contraband was originally planned for 2022, it's definitely 2023 now but it doesn't seem too far away, although Grubb said Avalanche did miss some deadlines, Avowed as well has long been rumoured for early 2023.

We'll throw in Deathloop as well since it'll technically be a new Xbox game

We're so close yet so far! I have no idea how Xbox is going to properly announce and market these games if all they're going to have prior to the holiday season is a massive June showcase lol. Especially if several of these games are early 2023 well before E3 2023 lol

Flayer said:

Was Godfall cancelled on xbox or something? It's not available to buy anywhere and xbox wire didn't even list it on next weeks releases. Wasn't it supposed to release 7th of april?

That is odd that xbox wire didn't list it, but it's still confirmed for april 7th. Most likely contractual agreements didn't allow any pre-orders or marketing of the game on xbox until the day of release. 

Around the Network
Machiavellian said:
KiigelHeart said:

I agree about campaign and multiplayer, but it's an incomplete package by definition.

Machiavellian said:

Why should the game be delayed for features that really does not add to the single player experience.  I know myself, I care little about forge.  I do enjoy co-op but only after I finish the game on my first play through as I like to explore a lot and not be tied to someone else. 

So instead of playing and enjoying the the single player game, I would still be waiting on the game just so you guys can experience Forge and Co-op.  I do not know who is saying the game should have been delayed for those features but its nobody that I know.  Usually the most vocal is not always the majority.  If those features are so important than you have the absolute decision to wait until they are released to play the game, no one is forcing you to play the game before than. As to the MP, just like every MP, it has its growing pains but what I noticed the most is that todays gamers seem to have no patience.  Nothing comes out perfect so give them time or not and just move on.

Maybe its just me, I am never pressed to play any game. I usually have way to many options and thus I have endless amount of patience's. I never feel the need to play any game on day one and I have no problems waiting until a developer fixes issues or get a game into a state I want to play.

Since you have the patience of a Shaolin monk, what's the problem in waiting?

Said this before but a flagship title should be a complete package. It's not comparable to new games like Sea of Thieves, this is Halo and 343. They should've known better by now. SoT even got a first exciting update 'Hungering Deep' two months after launch.. 

But in the end it isn't about patience or just about co-op and forge. We'd want a positive buzz  and excitement in Halo community with our live service game, and we'd want devs to feel the positive vibe. And we knew it wouldn't happen if they don't release a full product. It's live service so the idea is not just to wait for a game to be in state you want to play, you also want to enjoy the ride getting there. 

Now they have to work on missing features while struggling to come up with new content. It's hurting the game and 343, no way around it. 

You forget that the MP is done by a totally separate studio so no they are not struggling to come up with new content at the same time they are working on Forge and Co-op.  

What I see all the time is to much caring and not enough playing.  I will admit, I do not have that kind of fanboism in me.  I left it behind a long time ago.  I do not care about buzz, hype or any of those things.  I do not care about missing features I barely or rarely use.  As I have always stated, for the singleplayer I only care about the experience and the game delivered.  Yeah, I could easily have waited until those features were added but then again, 343 made the smart decision and released the Singleplayer instead because those features were not essential to that part of the game.

Oh they clearly aren't struggling with either.. I don't even know what to say dude :D 

Yeah yeah I get it, in your head you're above other gamers, I mean fanboys, who care. You've made this clear many times already.

Anyway, there's plenty of valid points made why there's so much disappointment in Infinite and how it could've been avoided. You're just too smug to see it. No point discussing it further. 

shikamaru317 said:

Allow me to clarify my stance on Halo Infinite btw. I don't hate the game, I don't dislike the game, I enjoyed what I have played and see the foundations for an incredible Halo game at some point in the future. I mean I put nearly 200 hours into it before I decided to take a break and wait for new content. But the slowness of that new content is incredibly disappointing, especially since new content came so quickly for earlier Halo games. And I think the monetization system they have for Halo Infinite is dirty as hell, with like 100+ new paid cosmetics each season and way too high pricing on the store, only the battlepasses are worth the price.

It's because I see the foundations of a much greater game in Halo Infinite that I'm so disappointed that the game released as a incomplete, light on content, microtransaction driven F2P mess of a game.

Yup same here. Love the game and it has potential to be even better. Mtx stuff isn't too bad anymore either.

Yeah, my comments about Halo Infinite are purely targeted at the MP aspect of the game. I saw a few people mention the single-player aspect which was very well done by 343 (aside from the lack of coop). My complaints are purely centered around MP content.

Gotta admit, the Xbox app on PC has gotten MUCH better over the course of just a few months whereas before it would take like 6 months to a year to get any sort of meaningful update. The ability to choose installation folders, access game files, and even the new layout of the app itself is fantastic.

I wonder if Phil finally used his leverage to get things going?

Last edited by G2ThaUNiT - on 01 April 2022

Ryuu96 said:

It looks a lot better and it does seem to run a lot faster than the previous app too, I've no obvious complaints, I wish Microsoft wouldn't display the same game multiple times though when browsing, Lol...That's not a Game Pass issue though and just a general store thing.

Oh yeah, snappiness has definitely improved! I randomly got a "what's new" pop up and it says "this is the first in an upcoming wave of changes to improve how you move around the app" so even more good things coming! :) 

yeah it does do that. Even on games that you own! Hopefully that'll be fixed with the upcoming wave of updates. 

gtotheunit91 said:

Gotta admit, the Xbox app on PC has gotten MUCH better over the course of just a few months whereas before it would take like 6 months to a year to get any sort of meaningful update. The ability to choose installation folders, access game files, and even the new layout of the app itself is fantastic.

I wonder if Phil finally used his leverage to get things going?

I really like the app on PC. I'm at a point where I wished everything could be migrated from Steam to the Xbox App.