By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Man Elden Ring is goddamn amazing. I wasn’t buying the super high review scores but this literally is the best open world game I have ever played. It’s so refreshing to actually be able to explore. Only Fallout is close in that regard imho.

Around the Network
KiigelHeart said:

There's no denying 343 wasn't ready to support live service model yet. I mean we knew they wouldn't be launching a full game so it was expected. Some of us argued they should delay it and really nail the lauch with a full, fleshed out package only to get called selfish :P at the moment the live service is not even solid unfortunately. 

But it has been fun to play it. I'd play more if the content was there. I've no doubt it'll have a huge player base again once they get the ball rolling, but it could've been even bigger.

This has been like one of the most amusing things to me. Back before release, once we knew we weren't gonna have co-op or forge a long ass time, everyone who said the game should be delayed again basically got told that they were being elitist assholes. Now, all over twitter and the rest of the internet at large you can see those same people acting like Halo always shoulda been delayed again, because the state of the game is just that unacceptable to them. Cute.

Why should the game be delayed for features that really does not add to the single player experience.  I know myself, I care little about forge.  I do enjoy co-op but only after I finish the game on my first play through as I like to explore a lot and not be tied to someone else. 

So instead of playing and enjoying the the single player game, I would still be waiting on the game just so you guys can experience Forge and Co-op.  I do not know who is saying the game should have been delayed for those features but its nobody that I know.  Usually the most vocal is not always the majority.  If those features are so important than you have the absolute decision to wait until they are released to play the game, no one is forcing you to play the game before than. As to the MP, just like every MP, it has its growing pains but what I noticed the most is that todays gamers seem to have no patience.  Nothing comes out perfect so give them time or not and just move on.

Maybe its just me, I am never pressed to play any game. I usually have way to many options and thus I have endless amount of patience's. I never feel the need to play any game on day one and I have no problems waiting until a developer fixes issues or get a game into a state I want to play.

Halo Infinite single player was excellent. and the multiplayer is fun.
I know some features were not ready (Forge and Coop) but the game is not an incomplete package .

343's responses tend to backfire lol

https://www.videogameschronicle.com/news/halo-infinite-developer-concedes-the-community-is-out-of-patience/

Around the Network
Loneken said:

I know some features were not ready (Forge and Coop) but the game is not an incomplete package .

It really was and it's a shame that the single player campaign got lost in the MP live service mess. Halo is arguably the last FPS franchise where the campaign is just as important as the multiplayer. I'm looking forward to the rumored DLC campaign expansions. 

Ryuu96 said:

My main issue with the Halo debate is that it feels so utterly pointless, it always starts the same way, it always ends the same way, often it gets heated, I've made my thoughts on Halo clear and I'd only be repeating the same stuff now, as I've said before, the best way to make your voice heard would be to not play the game until it has the content that satisfied you, which it will, eventually, but we've had this debate so many times already and it changes nothing, 343 are well aware of the issues.

Also Halo fans take things too far, I've seen multiple cases of 343 employees being harassed, one simply for liking a joking tweet, I've seen Halo fans accuse Joe Staten of ruining Halo, r/Halo is a toxic hellhole and it honestly makes me reluctant to look at any form of Halo discussion nowadays, despite the fact that I still very much love the IP, I don't want to talk about it anymore. There's other things to do and spend your time and energy on that you could actually have fun discussing.

Agreed. 

Pretty much all speculation will now be "when will Xbox have their big showcase now that E3 is cancelled?"

Don't forget what day it is!

Loneken said:

I agree about campaign and multiplayer, but it's an incomplete package by definition.

Machiavellian said:

Why should the game be delayed for features that really does not add to the single player experience.  I know myself, I care little about forge.  I do enjoy co-op but only after I finish the game on my first play through as I like to explore a lot and not be tied to someone else. 

So instead of playing and enjoying the the single player game, I would still be waiting on the game just so you guys can experience Forge and Co-op.  I do not know who is saying the game should have been delayed for those features but its nobody that I know.  Usually the most vocal is not always the majority.  If those features are so important than you have the absolute decision to wait until they are released to play the game, no one is forcing you to play the game before than. As to the MP, just like every MP, it has its growing pains but what I noticed the most is that todays gamers seem to have no patience.  Nothing comes out perfect so give them time or not and just move on.

Maybe its just me, I am never pressed to play any game. I usually have way to many options and thus I have endless amount of patience's. I never feel the need to play any game on day one and I have no problems waiting until a developer fixes issues or get a game into a state I want to play.

Since you have the patience of a Shaolin monk, what's the problem in waiting?

Said this before but a flagship title should be a complete package. It's not comparable to new games like Sea of Thieves, this is Halo and 343. They should've known better by now. SoT even got a first exciting update 'Hungering Deep' two months after launch.. 

But in the end it isn't about patience or just about co-op and forge. We'd want a positive buzz  and excitement in Halo community with our live service game, and we'd want devs to feel the positive vibe. And we knew it wouldn't happen if they don't release a full product. It's live service so the idea is not just to wait for a game to be in state you want to play, you also want to enjoy the ride getting there. 

Now they have to work on missing features while struggling to come up with new content. It's hurting the game and 343, no way around it. 

So confirmation that Redfall will make this year? :D