By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
shikamaru317 said:
Ryuu96 said:

Interesting stuff:

-So original plan was Series X in late August, Series S in mid October. Shame that corona likely delayed that, would have been great to get Series X that soon and have Series S out in time for the parents buying for Christmas.

-Split motherboard is more expensive than a standard motherboard, and you can only fit a split motherboard in the cube tower form factor, so Series S would need a split motherboard, which goes against it's cheap, mass market strategy. Safe to say that Series S will be a traditional flat console then, even if it does mean that their won't be a uniform design language for Xbox Series. I can't see MS selling Series S at an even bigger loss than it will likely already be selling at, just to make it a cube.

-It's great that Series S specs are good enough that the only difference between Series S and Series X will be resolution, no other downgrades on Series S. Will make development much easier for the devs, if they simply need to lower resolution. 

I'm thinking of this concept: 

The only difference is I think it will be wider and lower profile, but it will still be cubby enough to look familiar. I'm imagining it will be roughly the size of the GC with a lower profile. That would also make it really small while keeping great ventilation and the compact design would make it popular with gamers who don't want a giant console in their living room. 

Around the Network

Can't help but notice that it's been July for several hours now and MS still hasn't showed me jack shit. And this after already breaking their promise of doing something every month until the end of the year. Can't help but feel like Phil is full of shit.

Ryuu96 said:
Jez, Tom and Jeff are reporting week of the 20th now.

VG Chronicles is reporting that it is July 23rd from their own sources.

Fml...Getting later and later, soon it'll be August.

You know, maybe it would just be best to wait until the day before launch. That way we can maintain maximum hype all the way from the game reveals to getting the box in our homes.

ignore these drunk americans its the 4th

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Ryuu96 said:
Angelus said:
Can't help but notice that it's been July for several hours now and MS still hasn't showed me jack shit. And this after already breaking their promise of doing something every month until the end of the year. Can't help but feel like Phil is full of shit.

Idc that they missed June but what bothers me is they didn't even acknowledge it, could have put our a response admitting they messed up.

lol I don't care about the missed June showing either, considering it was mostly supposed to be about revealing Lockhart, which is of little concern to me. 

Around the Network
kirby007 said:
ignore these drunk americans its the 4th

Makes sense. It's the 4th generation of Xbox after all, and MS is an American company. Might as well celebrate 4th of July with a big games event.

Ryuu96 said:
Should have been July 7th which is Bungie Day, Halo Infinite seems to be heavily leaning on nostalgia so...

I wanna know what is holding them back so long.

The cinematic logo reveal of Fable is holding them back!!! 

Ryuu96 said:
Should have been July 7th which is Bungie Day, Halo Infinite seems to be heavily leaning on nostalgia so...

I wanna know what is holding them back so long.

Master Chief has COVID. Needs a little more time get back in action.

with a special edition

Spoiler!

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

kirby007 said:

with a special edition

Spoiler!

Man you did that all wrong. Flag needs to go on the other way around, so the power button can be one of the stars.