By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Yeah they really need to make a meal of Halo Infinite. Or better yet, make it a feast. And then Phil should take off his shirt and smash a pile of PS5 consoles with a karate-punch.

I bet Phil's got pecs like Khal Drogo.

Around the Network
derpysquirtle64 said:
shikamaru317 said:

Actually I was wrong, Yakuza is coming to PS4 day one in the west. No PS5 though, will only be playable via BC on PS5:

Yeah, that's what I'm talking about. MS probably managed to get an exclusivity for next gen version. But we'll see. Probably it will be announced for PS5 a bit later.

That'd be an odd deal to make, but I guess it's not quite full moneyhatting. Sony plan to basically abandon Japan anyway, even though they want to secure all the Japanese games. Maybe they don't believe the PS5 will be popular enough in Japan for it to matter, but surely the Xbox won't either, making this even more odd. Maybe it's an appeal to genre diversity by Xbox, along with their support for smart delivery.

Already bought all the other Yakuza games for PS4, and usually like to keep series to one system. But, seeing as this is a soft reboot, if they have the only next-gen version along with smart delivery, I could definitely buy on Xbone.

Saw some PS5 game trailers again now  because I only saw it on the phone yesterday. What I recognized is that games like GT or Ratchet still have stuff popping in in the background even though this was one of the things people said will disappear now. 

When I play Forza Horizon 4 on highest settings on my PC it isn't really much worse. I still have a loading screen but I guess with my Nvme I already have I will be fine. I doubt my PC couldn't play these games at least in 1440p.

Last edited by crissindahouse - on 12 June 2020

crissindahouse said:

Saw some PS5 game trailers again now  because I only saw it on the phone yesterday. What I recognized is that games like GT or Ratchet still have stuff popping in in the background even though this was one of the things people said will disappear now. 

When I play Forza Horizon 4 on highest settings on my PC it isn't really much worse. I still have a loading screen but I guess with my Nvme I already have I will be fine. I doubt my PC couldn't play these games at least in 1440p.

I prefer Forza to GT in general but I have to say that the game looks gorgeous :) I know Forza 8 will look as well if not better on the Xbox Series X but still, GT looks amazing. I also find the glimpse of the single player mode interesting :)

WoodenPints said:

I think for me what made me find the PS5 event underwhelming was the lack of a big new IP to bring the excitement and wow factor it was more of a safe show to say hey you liked these games on the PS4 we have a sequels on the PS5 in the same way if MS just turn up with Halo, Forza and Hellblade II in July I'd be left thinking meh we know what to expect from all these games I want to see a big AAA new IP something unknown that I can't wait to dive into so hopefully MS have 1-2 of these offerings in July.

We still haven't had a proper gameplay look into next gen either really with the majority been of A/AA sized games or "in-engine" short clips /cinematic trailers mashed together

I think that just because they showed the console, it makes the show good by default. I mean we have been waiting for so long Even if the thing looks ugly ahah. I am very happy about their choice to go with a digital version, this is perfect for me and it looks a bit less ugly.  Now I need to really find a spot to put the Xbox Series X and this thing in my living room... They are both very unpractical (does not fit with the rest or in the shelves)

For the games, I was just waiting for Horizon 2. This is the game that made me buy the Play Station Four in the first place and I the only game I played on it before Final Fantasy 7 remake. I even bought a controller with an Xbox layout for it as my hands hurt after playing with the Play Station one for too long; so I hope a third party will come up with something similar at launch. 
So I'm really excited about the sequel.

For the rest of the first party games. It was a big 'meh' to me but I think this is expected as I have very little interest in Sony's IP or type of game in general.

GT looked amazing to. 

Last edited by Imaginedvl - on 12 June 2020

Around the Network
Imaginedvl said:
crissindahouse said:

I prefer Forza to GT in general but I have to say that the game looks gorgeous :) I know Forza 8 will look as well if not better on the Xbox Series X but still, GT looks amazing. I also find the glimpse of the single player mode interesting :)

It looked good overall. Still disappointing to see shadows from walls or whole lamps in the tunnel just appearing when you come closer. Higher textures of rocks popping in and so on...

Maybe it will be better in the final build but with all this talking about how the SSD will throw you great textures and so on in the face as fast as you can see I was expecting more if it comes to this.

The interior trim textures of the Mazda in the second part of the video looked awesome, though. 

Btw I didn't like the floor reflections of the pit and I hope developers just won't make everything so shiny just because they can, now. It doesn't look realistic at all but I guess many games will throw reflections like that in our face now even if it's even more than it would be in reality. Even a shiny basketball floor doesn't reflect like that^^

Are those size comparisons real? If so, what a magnificent job by the MS team. Much smaller than PS5 but also quite a bit more powerful.

trunkswd said:
LudicrousSpeed said:
Are those size comparisons real? If so, what a magnificent job by the MS team. Much smaller than PS5 but also quite a bit more powerful.

It is people either making the disc drives the same size or the USB ports the same size, so they should be pretty close. I was honestly expecting the PS5 to be smaller than the Xbox Series X. Just look at the PS4 compared to the Xbox One at launch or the OG Xbox and PS2. 

Seeing the PS5 form factor made me suddenly appreciate the simple practicality of the XSX design. With both of them intended to be stood up, the PS5 being long and weirdly curved worries me that if bumped or shaken the wrong way could easily topple. Especially since I'm in a quake prone area. XSX on the other hand looks completely boring but rock solid.

I'd definitely have to favour boring and rock solid over gaudy and seemingly impractical right now.

trunkswd said:
Shaunodon said:

Seeing the PS5 form factor made me suddenly appreciate the simple practicality of the XSX design. With both of them intended to be stood up, the PS5 being long and weirdly curved worries me that if bumped or shaken the wrong way could easily topple. Especially since I'm in a quake prone area. XSX on the other hand looks completely boring but rock solid.

I'd definitely have to favour boring and rock solid over gaudy and seemingly impractical right now.

That is why the PS5 comes with a stand, so it is less likely to fall over. Though it is ridiculous that it looks like you still need to use a stand when the PS5 is horizontal. 

That's the other thing. I could just lay it horizontally like most of my consoles, and put it in the spot of my 360 or PS3, but I'm not sure how well it'd fit in those spots, especially with that weird stand underneath. Airflow is another thing with how long it is and having it's vents on the end.

shikamaru317 said:

So it seems that Sony actually has quite alot of launch window exclusives. Godfall, Spider-Man, Kena, Deathloop, Bugsnax, Jett: The Far Shore, and Astro's Playroom (comes pre-installed on PS5), are all listed as Holiday 2020. I wonder how many games MS can pull off for Holiday 2020? Doubt it will be as many as Sony has, as Phil specifically said that they regretted having 8 launch day exclusives and 10 launch window exclusives on Xbox One, because many of the smaller exclusives got lost in the shuffle and didn't sell as well. 3 at least seem likely for XSX, Halo Infinite, Forza (either Motorsport 8 or Horizon 5), and a Gears Tactics console port. I personally hope they can manage 5, with two 2nd party games, one smaller and one larger, coming this Holiday as well.

Isn't The Medium also a launch window exclusive for Xbox. I thought there was one or two from that indie showcase last month. 

In any case, I'm personally not so much concerned with any particularly quantity of launch exclusives as it pertains to Xbox, because ultimately what really matters is just that they nail Halo Infinite. If that was their singularly launch exclusive, that would be enough, as long as it lives up to the hype.