By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Are gaming chairs as good as they say?

Old Roommate paid $170 for a really high end one. Meanwhile I got a leather office chair for free from a company that didn't want it anymore because they were moving across state lines. He liked my office chair better. Looked it up and the office chair was $150.

Around the Network

I like mine a lot. But, I am mostly a console gamer. So, it's primarily used for some VR gaming, and regular home office stuff. I don't spend tons of continuous hours in it.

Cerebralbore101 said:
Old Roommate paid $170 for a really high end one. Meanwhile I got a leather office chair for free from a company that didn't want it anymore because they were moving across state lines. He liked my office chair better. Looked it up and the office chair was $150.

If you're buying new, $170 does not get you a high end gaming chair.  That's entry level price.  

Gaming Chairs are completely useless other than aesthetics. Just get something useful for ergonomics like a high end desk chair.

I own one of the more expensive Maxnomics and imo they're overrated. My old chair was almost as good, and that was a spare dining room chair! When this eventually needs replacing I'll probably go for a nicely padded office chair.

Around the Network

Gaming chair is a desk chair with brighter colors and a higher price. If you don't care about the bright colors the same money will get you a better chair.

At my job, I sit in chairs that somehow cost thousands of dollars. I do admit, they're pretty comfortable. Much more than the one I have at home but you get what you pay for.

We recently moved to a new house and I have myself a little "office" with a desktop PC, along with all of my gaming consoles. I wanted an office chair but I got seduced by gaming chairs. I wound up buying this one:

Homall Gaming Chair Office Chair... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07N8T4BBT?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

It has some mixed reviews on Amazon and the arm rests aren't adjustable but, for the price, I love it. No technical issues for me and it's pretty comfortable. I did buy an extra cushion to sit on but that was more of a want than a need. Absolutely no regrets, yet. Had it since July 25th.

*Edit* mine is all black. I'm a grown man. I don't need all those flashy colors raising my blood pressure.

Last edited by d21lewis - on 30 December 2019

Twitter: @d21lewis

I'm 6'4" & 290lbs ..... most chair have load capacity of only 250lbs or less. I bought a gaming chair that fit my height and weight and you can really feel the difference. The link D21lewis provided is something I was considering but instead I went with a more High end model. But, if your on a budget that Amazon chair will do just the job. It's also good for up to 300 lbs. That mean you won't accidentally break a wheel or something when leaning back.

Tommy Jean, CPA, CGA

I love mine. It cradles me, tilts to full 180, and I can fall asleep in it. Get the optional ottoman/foot rest.

I had a chair that's very similar to what's now being sold as gaming chairs, and I didn't like it too much. It wasn't bad but I like my cheap IKEA chair much more.