By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Will Switch hit 50 Million by March 3rd 2020?

Will Switch hit 50 Million by March 3rd 2020?

Yes 85 95.51%

No 4 4.49%

Total:89

Switch is currently at 48.8 million units sold according to VGChartz. Will last minute Christmas sales + the sales of January and Febuary be enough to push Switch to the 50 million mark by it's 3rd year anniversary? 

Around the Network

Easily.

The real question is will it do it next week.

We know Switches head (2017) was big, and it's belly and thigh's are or will be massive (2018-2021), but what I want to know is how big are it's legs (2022-2023). That will be the deciding factor if it can get over 100 million or beat the PS4. 2022 and 2023 are critical to that.

It will do it in the next two weeks....three at most.

Around the Network
Dulfite said:

We know Switches head (2017) was big, and it's belly and thigh's are or will be massive (2018-2021), but what I want to know is how big are it's legs (2022-2023). That will be the deciding factor if it can get over 100 million or beat the PS4. 2022 and 2023 are critical to that.

I assume there will be some sort of hardware update announced or launched in 21-22. The Switch has done an excellent job of porting last gen games with improvements and current gen games with some cutbacks...but once the PS5 and Series X are out, it will get interesting for 3rd party devs as they will attempt ports (how can they not by then the Switch might have a 65-70 mill installed base) on the system.

It should, unless it's being overtracked like hell.

RolStoppable said:
When I read the thread title, I thought this was a necrobump of a thread that is about two years old.

Same here. Would have been more logical to ask for something like 55M by then

S.Peelman said:

That would be a massive 2.2 million units sold in a week. What was the 2018 sales of the final week of the year? 

Cerebralbore101 said:
S.Peelman said:

That would be a massive 2.2 million units sold in a week. What was the 2018 sales of the final week of the year? 

According to my calculations it will only need 1.2 million units sold to reach 50. Switch is currently sitting at 48.8 mill. It is doable...the 22,23,24 were huge days for sales.