By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - 2080 Max Q stronger than XSX/PS5 (Allegedly)

CGI-Quality said:
HollyGamer said:

RTX 2080 Max - Q is not even comparable to RTX 2060 desktop. Radeon RX 5700 is equal to RTX 2060, and PS5 and Xbox are already informed to have better GPU then RX 5700,  not counted for the CPU itself, and overall performance/optimization close to metal. 

On top of that The laptop price is around 2500 USD - 3000 USD , while console price are around 399 USD, so Jason Hwang is just selling garbage over price weak Laptop that  will be replace by their own GPU lineup in 2020 with RTX 30XX series . 

Hmmm... 

RTX 2080 Max Q (80W Variant)

- 2944 Shaders
- 8GB GDDR6
- TU104 Chip (same as the desktop variant)
- 256-bit Bus (12GHz), 90W variant clocked higher

RTX 2060 (Desktop)

- 1920 Shaders
- 6GB GDDR6
- TU106 Chip
- 192-bit Bus

https://www.notebookcheck.net/GeForce-RTX-2080-Max-Q-vs-GeForce-RTX-2060-Desktop-vs-GeForce-RTX-2060-Max-Q_9621_9556_9631.247598.0.html

Hmmmm

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
HollyGamer said:

RTX 2080 Max - Q is not even comparable to RTX 2060 desktop. Radeon RX 5700 is equal to RTX 2060, and PS5 and Xbox are already informed to have better GPU then RX 5700,  not counted for the CPU itself, and overall performance/optimization close to metal. 

On top of that The laptop price is around 2500 USD - 3000 USD , while console price are around 399 USD, so Jason Hwang is just selling garbage over price weak Laptop that  will be replace by their own GPU lineup in 2020 with RTX 30XX series . 

Hmmm... 

- 2944 Shaders
- 8GB GDDR6

RTX 2060 (Desktop)

- 1920 Shaders  *(188watts typical load) (thus higher clocks)
- 6GB GDDR6
- TU106 Chip
- 192-bit Bus

You forgot to mention that the 2060 desktop uses 188watts while typical load, gameing :)
While the 2080 Max Q, is limited to 80watts, which results in much lower performance.

CGI-Quality said:
HollyGamer said:

https://www.notebookcheck.net/GeForce-RTX-2080-Max-Q-vs-GeForce-RTX-2060-Desktop-vs-GeForce-RTX-2060-Max-Q_9621_9556_9631.247598.0.html

Hmmmm

Uh, you did read that, right? 

Uh, you did read that, right til the end of the article ????

hmmm 

JRPGfan said:
CGI-Quality said:

Hmmm... 

- 2944 Shaders
- 8GB GDDR6

RTX 2060 (Desktop)

- 1920 Shaders  *(188watts typical load) (thus higher clocks)
- 6GB GDDR6
- TU106 Chip
- 192-bit Bus

You forgot to mention that the 2060 desktop uses 188watts while typical load, gameing :)
While the 2080 Max Q, is limited to 80watts, which results in much lower performance.

and most of the time it even higher than 188 watts

CGI-Quality said:
HollyGamer said:

Uh, you did read that, right til the end of the article ????

hmmm 

I've already proven you wrong, but to humor this a bit further, I'll do the work for you...

SNIP

NO you don't LOL.

COmparable means " equal " on result. 

Show me which benchmark test  is comparable ???

hmmm

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
HollyGamer said:

NO you don't LOL.

COmparable means " equal " on result. 

Show me which benchmark test  is comparable ???

hmmm

Quit trying to put on a needless performance and actually read through the link you posted. The answers are all there for you.

Oh i have read it even it still exist on my Chrome tab, the question did you ready until the end??? 

Last edited by CGI-Quality - on 27 December 2019

CGI-Quality said:
HollyGamer said:

Oh i have read it even it still exist on my Chrome tab, the question did you ready until the end??? 

Sure did. The difference between the two is a mere 8% (with the 2060 slightly ahead in average gaming results). In most of the tests, when the cards ran in 4K, the 2080 Max Q came out on top.

Therefore, the two parts are comparable.

100% =/= 108 %

CGI-Quality said:
HollyGamer said:

100% =/= 108 %

Might be the worst case of goalpost moving I've seen in a long time. My advice — do a bit more research on the subject and we can have a better debate about it (or, I can happily continue to educate you on it). 

Moving Goal post??? LOL, not this again, everytime you guys unable to admitted . suddenly you guys  derailed the comment by accusing people " moving goal post"

such classic, LOL.

HollyGamer said:
Wyrdness said:
Tbh it would not surprise me with how fast tech moves for example back when X1 and PS4 released they were essentially mid level in comparison to non console tech which was already exploring 4k back then so continued progression at the same rate could lead to what Nvidia claims.

RTX 2080 Max - Q is not even comparable to RTX 2060 desktop. Radeon RX 5700 is equal to RTX 2060 and, RX 5700 XT >> RX 5700. PS5 and Xbox are already informed to have better GPU then RX 5700 XT or minimum equal to RX 5700 XT,  not counted for the CPU itself (which is equal to Ryzen 3700), and overall performance/optimization close to metal. 

If you are new to gaming you will probably fall for their lies, but if you have experience in PC gaming you will understand Laptop GPU is super weak and super expensives. 

I've been gaming on PCs for close to 10 years now and build my own PCs this is how I know what he says is plausible especially with how fast tech moves in the PC side of gaming and how often new consoles are hyped to be higher than what they turn out to be like how the base PS4 and X1 struggled with 1080p when that was the hyped claim before their release. Pricing has no relevancy to anything I said either not to mention people use PCs and Laptops for far more than gaming.

CGI-Quality said:
HollyGamer said:

Moving Goal post??? LOL, not this again, everytime you guys unable to admitted . suddenly you guys  derailed the comment by accusing people " moving goal post"

such classic, LOL.

Holly, you made a claim and I provided specs and exact words showing where your errors were. You were better off just admitting that the statement was hyperbolic and called it a day. Instead, he we are.

In real worlds  with more GPU across brand like OC version and better version (exm : using MSI GPU or better OC version ) will lead to even bigger gap. It's not hyperbolic . I have laptop GPU that in reality i experienced my self 

The funny thing is even on spec Max Q spec is better then RTX 2060 and is not " evenly comparable " LOL.