By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Netflix Witcher? *Spoiler tags*

shikamaru317 said:
ClassicGamingWizzz said:

That is my fear, cancelling the show, they cancelled  marco polo show , a show that was amazing but i dont know If people watch it as Much. Its sad that we probably Will not get another season Next year... The second season is probably 2021... That is why i think the Ciro casting was bad, She looks almost same age as yen now i n interviews 😂

Yeah, I agree that casting a 17 year old as Ciri, when she was supposed to be 11 in this season, was a mistake. She won't get much taller than she is now unless she was a super late puberty starter, so she will basically be 5'3" for the rest of the show, quite a bit shorter than the Ciri from the games, who was like 5'10". 

Spoiler!
I think I know why they did it though, by the time season 3 hits they should be to the point in the storyline where Ciri is with the Rats, and she has a sexual relationship with Mistle when that happens. I guess they wanted an actress who was old enough to do on-screen sex scenes when they reach that point of the show, and if they had cast an actual 11 year old actress she would not be old enough to do sex scenes by season 3. But they could always have used a body double, body doubles for sex scenes are quite common. 

That, and it's really hard finding good child actors. Much easier to simply cast someone a bit older and age them down via make-up, editing, etc. Height isn't really an issue either. The guy who played Gimli in LotR was like the tallest person on set and his character, obviously, was a dwarf.