By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Help! I Think I'm a Hipster!

Austin, Texas is the best city in the United States by far, so if anything, it is a mainstream opinion.

Around the Network

So, you like Jazz now?

Spoiler!
(for those who don't get it, the original meaning of Hipster was a young, mostly white person who liked Jazz music.)

Last edited by Bofferbrauer2 - on 08 December 2019

super_etecoon said:
I'm still just cringing at your use of the word "tho."

Ur welcome.

Moren said:
Austin, Texas is the best city in the United States by far, so if anything, it is a mainstream opinion.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagggghhhh!!

Last edited by Jaicee - on 08 December 2019

Bofferbrauer2 said:

So, you like Jazz now?

Spoiler!
(for those who don't get it, the original meaning of Hipster was a young, mostly white person who liked Jazz music.)

Well I'm a mostly white person, but I'm the national median age and mostly into like early '90s grunge and punk rock because that's what I liked back then. Though I'm known to enjoy electronic dance music as well to a degree. I might've been cool back in the '40s...

Around the Network
Kristof81 said:
Just enjoy what you like and don’t worry about the labels.

That's just what a hipster would say!

What kind of hat are you wearing and what kind of facial hair do you have?

*cocks gun*

You say hipster, I say interesting :P

If those are the qualifications of being a hipster, I guess I'm somewhat guilty too! I have definitely been (jokingly) accused of the same heh.

I definitely get the sentiment when it comes to the shoddier/flawed quality of records and such, I have the mentality when it comes to games too, there's a certain charm in the older, grittier style at times, and modern games can be too polished and refined almost to the point of feeling soulless. Though when it comes to music I tend to go for the best quality because to me much of my enjoyment of music stems from - or is at least enhanced by - the depth, crispness, and overall quality which helps immerse me into it. Stuff like films really just depends on the overall story, writing, settings, etc. Love the super glitzy stuff but I can also enjoy, say, 12 Angry Men or Wizard of Oz.

I'm sure your last statement is meant to be tongue-in-cheek but still, I'd answer that with there's nothing to "remedy" and to not give a crap what image you convey. Whatever makes you happy is what you should roll with!

"We hold these truths to be self-evident - all men and women created by the, go-you know.. you know the thing!" - Joe Biden

d21lewis said:
What kind of hat are you wearing and what kind of facial hair do you have?

*cocks gun*

I don't usually wear hats and, being female, I don't really do facial hair. I rarely shave my underarms tho, does that count?

John2290 said:
Well that's it, better burn all your stuff and start from scratch.

That's what I was thinking!