By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Nintendo Switch Outsells Xbox One in Europe

zorg1000 said:
The_Liquid_Laser said:
The most impressive part of this is that Europe is the Switch's weakest territory.

Switch probably has the most balanced sales of the current consoles, these are based on VGC numbers

NSW

NA-37%

EU-26%

JP-24%

RW-12%

PS4

NA-33%

EU-41%

JP-8%

RW-18%

XBO

NA-63%

EU-26%

JP-<1%

RW-10%

It probably depends on what you expected a "balanced" distribution to look like.  NA and Europe are much bigger markets than Japan or RW.  I would expect a perfect balance to be something close to this:

NA - 35%
EU - 35%
JP-15%
RW-15%

With that in mind PS4 and Switch are selling about par in NA and RW.  PS4 is selling above average in Europe and below average in Japan.  Switch is the reverse, above average in Japan and below average in Europe.  XB1 is totally out of whack being strong in NA, about par in RW and weak everywhere else.

Anyway, I stand by my statement.  This accomplishment is impressive for Switch, because Europe is their weakest territory.

Around the Network

Next up; the world, probably the week after next of VGC's reported numbers, so week ending 7th of December.

Mar1217 said:
Wow, did it faster than anyone was giving it the chance to !
Now it is also clear the Switch will surpass LT worldwide sales of the Xbone by the end of December I think. It's almost a formality looking at that curve.

It's only 300k behind according to the front page. Should do it with one more week, so by the 7th, or at least be very very close.