By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Where gaming will ended up with in the future, VR/AR or Cloud gaming ?

Tagged games:

What is the future of gaming

VR/AR 5 22.73%

Cloud 5 22.73%

Both 8 36.36%

Mobile 1 4.55%

No future for gaming, it's a waste of time 3 13.64%

Total:22

So what is the future for gaming, where are we going end up with, what the future of gaming will look like? It's just for fun because human like to imagine that out of reach, human like to dream , what kind of gaming innovation you would like to see in near future and far future. 

General rules:

1. It can be one of them

2. It can be Both

3. It can be none of them but you need to mentioned what is the other alternatives and explained

4. Statistic data and research article would be help in argument so if you have the link feal free.

Let the discussion begin.

Around the Network

Cloud is, unfortunately, here to stay, though earlier than I was expecting (I thought there won't be any major push for some 5 more years), but it is inevitable to overtake eventually all other forms of content delivery.

Not sure about VR, it is great and I enjoy it a lot, but it's maybe to early to tell - it has some really great potential once we hit fully wireless/ultra wide FOV/eyetracking-foveated rendering VR sets in mass market price segment, but it seems that for now it lost some of its initial momentum.

Further down the line, "direct injection" neural VR would most likely be massive and if anyone manages to make good volumetric display tech, I can see that giving birth to video game/board game hybrid industry.

Mobility. Go to the customer rather than having the customer go to you.

Technology gets smaller making it more portable and convenient. We're already seeing it with smart phones.

VR will take over gaming. It will get to the point where big AAA games will take full advantage of VR and there wont be going back.

Cloud gaming will be first than VR.

I think cloud gaming. AR may also play into the portable/cloud gaming sphere as you can actually use something like hololens or google-glass while crossing the road.

VR may dominate the home space along with more traditional gaming experiences.

Around the Network

Mobile, Cloud and Digital (PC) - That is it.

None.
Mobile will be curtailed hard by tons of regulations sooner or later, though it will still stay as the biggest gaming market.
VR won't ever be accessible to a large public due to high entry costs and individual preferences.
Cloud won't become popular until internet providers get their shit together (which, considering games are going to become bigger and more demanding, they won't keep up the pace even if they tried).

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

The future of gaming is as broad as gaming itself. Gaming is everything real in digital form, and as that is the case, gaming will continue to expand to be more accessible to all.

The future of gaming will be on all devices, local, cloud, flat screen, VR, AR, and more in the future.

The possibilities with gaming and devices are almost limitless. That is what makes gaming such an incredible medium. Anything you can imagine can be created in gaming through Hardware and Software.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

Azzanation said:
VR will take over gaming. It will get to the point where big AAA games will take full advantage of VR and there wont be going back.

Cloud gaming will be first than VR.

Wow, I actually agree with you for once lol.

VR will be a fun niche - Cloud gaming will have a non-trivial marketshare.