By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Rumor: Super Metroid remake and Metroid Prime trilogy are coming to the Switch

We need Metroid V, especially after seeing those Chozo Memories. Not a remake of a game that despite being 25 years old still holds up remarkably well today.

Metroid Prime Trilogy HD developement, just like the the Plasma Beam and Difussion Missiles in Metroid Fusion, is probably finished since months or even years ago. They are just holding it back for some reason I can't quite understand...

Around the Network

Soooooooo long since I posted on this forum...

Just came back to say I am tired of the Metroid Prime Trilogy rumours from leakers and then never happening (I arrived back here reading about this rumour... ).

Come on Geoff get Nintendo to show something at the game awards.

A new DK would be also welcomed!

Menx64

3DS code: 1289-8222-7215

NNid: Menx064

Didn’t the former editor of Game Informer insist all of least year that Metroid Prime Trilogy was ready to go for the Switch and he couldn’t for the life of him understand why Nintendo was putting off its announcement/release???

Have a nice day...

mZuzek said:
I hate how easy people buy into rumours like these. Won't be getting excited any time soon. That said, the double "metriod" in the title is very fitting for this thread.

I don't want a Super Metroid remake, but I wouldn't mind it because the original is already on the Switch, so I can always go back and play that. The game is near-perfect, a remaster could fix everything that's needed, but if this rumour is true then that's not the kind of remake we'd be getting.

Prime Trilogy HD is long overdue.

Very fitting indeed as the Metroid fanbase loves all sorts of Metroid rumors, whether true or obviously fake doesn't matter to them. They hype these rumors up more than the desperate for clicks sources by making endless long threads about it and then end up not buying the "Metriod" games at all and blame Nintendo for it's failure... Is it because of the game in their eyes is mispelled?

Anyway i'm still hoping for Metroid 5 (Dread) as we don't need another remake. Super is good as is but if it ends up being true i'll still buy it just to see how Sakamoto intents to improve his magnum opus and what changes he will bring to the story like he did with Samus Returns and hopefully Mercury Steam will give us some better looking visuals this time. 

I'd love for these rumors to be true, and maybe they'll turn out to be, with Nintendo announcing a bunch of surprise releases for the year ahead in a few months like they did last year and these being among them. But look, Nintendo has factually demonstrated less interest in continuing this franchise than just about any other they've got going and that's a reality. I'll believe these rumors when I hear them from someone official in Nintendo giving an official statement on them.

Also, I don't know how much I want a Super Metroid remake, tbh. The original Super Metroid is special to me and one of my favorite games of all time (it will be one of only two Nintendo games to crack my top 25 this year) and is pretty much perfect in my view, and it's also already available for play on the Switch now. I don't know if I want them to "improve" it with polygonal graphics, accelerated game play with more enemies and less of an exploration focus, and longer, blonder hair and a slimmer, de-muscled, "feminized" armored suit for Samus. But maybe that's just me.

Around the Network

I dont feel good at all about Super Metroid getting a remake. I would much rather have a "remixed" Super Metroid like Master Quest instead.

I don't really see the issue in them remaking SM seeing as the original version is available on the platform regardless so a remake if the rumours are true can just be accepted as an alternative version people can just go to the version they prefer.

Wyrdness said:
I don't really see the issue in them remaking SM seeing as the original version is available on the platform regardless so a remake if the rumours are true can just be accepted as an alternative version people can just go to the version they prefer.

I see it as a problem with the mindset that if they do a Super Metroid remake they're not doing a new 2D Metroid which I would much rather have.

Signature goes here!

I hope this turns out to be true, Super Metroid is my favorite 2d Metroid in the series.

Metroid Prime Trilogy is just a matter of when tbh, Nintendo would be mad not to put it on the switch. The thing prints money.

Last edited by tsogud - on 02 December 2019

OMG and I just wrote in other thread that I would like an HD remaster of Super Metroid, but a remake a la Samus Returns!? Yes!
My guess is SM remake in 2020, MP Trilogy HD in 2021 and MP4 in 2022.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile