By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Devil May Cry 3 Special Edition announced for Switch, coming Febuary 20th, 2020

"Weird the Switch didn't just get the collection."

Not really, that means they can sel you four games instead of one.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Around the Network

I feel like a pretty good version of RE2 (2019) is doable on the Switch as well. It looks great but not really that demanding. Give me that and RE7 and I'll buy them both again.
As for DMC, I loved the series at one point but I don't see myself every going back. I even have DMC5 on my Xbox One X (thanks, Gamepass!) and I haven't even tried it. It may be better than Bayonetta (which I love!) but I've moved on.

Yay, yet another decrepit, ancient regurgitation from Crapcom.

I swear they're run by fanboys with a raging irrational hate boner for Nintendo, their Switch support is beyond pathetic given the system is one of the fastest selling ever.

Hiku said:
curl-6 said:

Yay, yet another decrepit, ancient regurgitation from Crapcom.

I swear they're run by fanboys with a raging irrational hate boner for Nintendo, their Switch support is beyond pathetic given the system is one of the fastest selling ever.

It's just money. And in some cases, like this one, they seem unreasonably greedy.

There's a DMC 1-3 HD collection on PS3/360. Porting it over to Switch should not be difficult to the point where it warrants splitting them up into individual games again.
I think they're just doing this in hopes of exploiting people who have never played the DMC series before. Because people that have the HD collection already are probably not buying this.

I get them being greedy and wanting an exploitative cash grab, that's par for the AAA publisher course. What pisses me off is that they refuse to bring anything to Switch that's not ancient leftovers from previous gen machines despite it proving time and again it can handle modern games and selling on par with PS4. (Or significantly better in Japan)

Hiku said:
curl-6 said:

I get them being greedy and wanting an exploitative cash grab, that's par for the AAA publisher course. What pisses me off is that they refuse to bring anything to Switch that's not ancient leftovers from previous gen machines despite it proving time and again it can handle modern games and selling on par with PS4. (Or significantly better in Japan)

I think part of that has to do with their portfolio of options. RE2 and MHW would be expensive in their eyes. But for a fraction of that cost, the DMC Remastered games already exist, and are popular enough. Street Fighter 2 HD is already a thing and was well received. Etc.

Other publishers wouldn't necessarily opt for only porting older games over their newer ones even if they could, but if their options in that department are more limited, it may work out that way. There's no Witcher 1 -2 HD Remaster, so they'd have to do that from scratch. Might as well try to do Witcher 3 then. (Although I think CD Project Red are the type of publishers who genuinely want to try their best.) And from Netherealm Studios, a fighting game from the previous generation doesn't quite make as much sense as a remaster of a 'classic'. So they decided to developed MK11 for all systems simultaneously.

This is something that certain publishers have seemingly decided against so far. Capcom being one of them. Square Enix may be another. 

MHW may be a step too far, but they could always bring over RE7 or make the next in the long-running portable line of MH games.

It's silly not to take better advantage of a userbase that's about to outsell Xbox One and is growing faster than almost any other console in history.

Around the Network
Hiku said:
curl-6 said:

MHW may be a step too far, but they could always bring over RE7 or make the next in the long-running portable line of MH games.

It's silly not to take better advantage of a userbase that's about to outsell Xbox One and is growing faster than almost any other console in history.

Yeah, RE7 I don't get. Because it was already designed to function properly in every way while scaled down (in VR mode), so it seems like most of the work has already been done. And as huge as the MH series has been on Nintendo platforms, I expected a brand new MH game to be announced for Switch at this point.

It's hard to imagine they aren't working on a new MH for Switch. So if there's a silver lining here, the silence could be because they're designing MHW2 for all systems.

I'm more than willing to change my mind; they'd be forgiven and back in my good books right away if they just brought over one of those two. Sorry, I'm just really frustrated atm due to health issues irl.

Radek said:
Now time for RE7

They're probably going to port RE7 but not until they milk whatever they can from their old RE games, just like they'll probably release a DMC triple pack after they release all three separately first (maybe even Donte May Cry as well). At this rate, I wouldn't be surprised if they dusted off and ported that shitty Umbrella Corps game before RE7.

Last edited by wombat123 - on 25 November 2019

cycycychris said:
Radek said:
Now time for RE7

Funny that they requested more RAM be placed into the Switch in order for this game and its engine be doable on the Switch. Nintendo complied and then they never ported it. Though made it streamable in Japan. At this point, Capcom seem to be not interested in doing current Gen ports.

RE7 is on Switch but only in Japan in streaming form

Last edited by Leynos - on 26 November 2019

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Yeah no Capcom are just full of it.

https://nintendoeverything.com/capcom-to-release-devil-may-cry-triple-pack-in-japan/