By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Why are democrats wasting time with Trump's impeachment?

Video 3:

This is the same damn thing as the first video. No real point to repeat myself.

The second major point from Jim Jordan I already touched on in my last response to you. Why did you just ask me about something I was I already going to cover in the 3rd video anyway? Did you even watch your own videos?

I hope you have better than these because this home run derby is getting old already.

Last edited by SpokenTruth - on 22 November 2019

Massimus - "Trump already has democrat support."

Around the Network
numberwang said:

Interesting that this impeachment is only hurting Biden's numbers. After all he and his son looted Ukraine and he bragged about getting the "son of a bitch" prosecutor fired with the direct threat of rescinding 1 billion Dollar US taxpayer money.

"well, son of a bitch, he got fired"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXA--dj2-CY

Tells you how much some Dems live in a media bubble that they defend this behavior.

You didn't read anything else in this thread did you?  We already touched on that.  This is making you look bad.

AbrahamHamdan said:
thismeintiel said:

The first one was their star "witness," who actually witnessed nothing.  The 2nd is their most credible witness, the only one who had any first hand interactions with Trump concerning this matter.  Both of their arguments were torn to pieces.

Well, if you want to believe the Dems argument that is completely based on presumptions and feelings, not evidence, you can believe in anything you want.  However, if you just want to look at the actual evidence given, that never happened.  The truth is, the Dems are scared to death about 2020.  That's why, just one year out from an election where the people could vote him out if they believe this stuff happened, they are pursuing impeachment.  They are afraid of 100s of thousands, maybe millions, of people like me, Never Trumpers who wouldn't vote for him in 2016, but will vote for him this time.  And his growing support among Black Americans.

you didn't answer... Trump asked foreign country to investiage a political rival... he said it himself... do you agree with that? do you agree with forigen countries middling in our affairs?

Lol, I did answer.  It didn't happen.  Trump asked him to look into the election meddling of 2016, which two Ukrainians were convicted of, and what happened with the prosecutor that Biden had fired.  He wanted to know if he was fired for legit reasons or if there was something fishy going on there.  This was in the nation's interest, especially considering billions of dollars in our foreign aid went missing, and is not illegal, whether Dems want to admit it or not. 

Trump, however, DID NOT say, "Hey, dig up some dirt on Biden because I MIGHT have to run against him in 2020."  Nor did the aid get held up until they did dig up that dirt.  And, it's funny that all of a sudden the Dems care about what happens in Ukraine, when all Obama did was send them first aid kits and blankets, while Trump was sending them tank busting missiles to beat back Russia.  Yet, Trump was the Russian agent.  Oh, wait, that's right, because he was the one caught on a hot mic saying that he could do more to help Russia once he was reelected.  Or was that someone else?

The funny thing here is, even though I dislike Obama, he is actually out there warning the Dems from pursuing this further.  Or moving as far Left as they have been lately.  Even he knows this could blow up in their faces come 2020.

numberwang said:

Interesting that this impeachment is only hurting Biden's numbers. After all he and his son looted Ukraine and he bragged about getting the "son of a bitch" prosecutor fired with the direct threat of rescinding 1 billion Dollar US taxpayer money.

Tells you how much some Dems live in a media bubble that they defend this behavior.

I know that people like repeating false narratives,  but this whole statement you just made has never been corroborated to be truth and it wasn't US tax money it was allegedly between a China. The main thing that Biden should be guilty of is nepotism with his son getting that job. But then when know Trump supporters don't care about that, the man has his whole family in the White House

aiwass said:
Hiku said:

Because "I would like you to do us a favor though"

Favor = "A gracious, friendly, or obliging act that is freely granted."
Quid pro quo = "Something that is given in return for something else or accepted as a reciprocal part of an exchange."

The only way you can make this bullshit work is if you want to rewrite history and redefine what words actually mean. This whole thing is a stretch, but if you want to make your case you're going to have to do better than that.

You forgot the word 'though'.

Though = "indicating that a factor qualifies or imposes restrictions on what was said previously".

Indicating that the aid was reliant on the 'favor'.
And indeed, aid was withheld for months, until the day after the house demanded acting DNI to hand over the whistle blower complaint.

The only stretch here is pretending to not understand the language, or that the administration lifting the hold on the Ukraine aid when they did was a coincidence.

Last edited by Hiku - on 22 November 2019

Around the Network
thismeintiel said:
AbrahamHamdan said:

you didn't answer... Trump asked foreign country to investiage a political rival... he said it himself... do you agree with that? do you agree with forigen countries middling in our affairs?

Lol, I did answer.  It didn't happen.  Trump asked him to look into the election meddling of 2016, which two Ukrainians were convicted of, and what happened with the prosecutor that Biden had fired.  He wanted to know if he was fired for legit reasons or if there was something fishy going on there.  This was in the nation's interest, especially considering billions of dollars in our foreign aid went missing, and is not illegal, whether Dems want to admit it or not. 

Trump, however, DID NOT say, "Hey, dig up some dirt on Biden because I MIGHT have to run against him in 2020."  Nor did the aid get held up until they did dig up that dirt.  And, it's funny that all of a sudden the Dems care about what happens in Ukraine, when all Obama did was send them first aid kits and blankets, while Trump was sending them tank busting missiles to beat back Russia.  Yet, Trump was the Russian agent.  Oh, wait, that's right, because he was the one caught on a hot mic saying that he could do more to help Russia once he was reelected.  Or was that someone else?

The funny thing here is, even though I dislike Obama, he is actually out there warning the Dems from pursuing this further.  Or moving as far Left as they have been lately.  Even he knows this could blow up in their faces come 2020.

Trump said himself that Ukraine should investigate the Bidens, he also Ask China, and that's in public, which is illegal.

even the most dedicate republican senator "Lindsay Graham" said that what president Trump did is "Wrong", his defense that it's unimpeachable. 

Add to that Mick Mulvaney himself, said it was one of the things that Trump asked about during Ukraine scandel, he went even as far as saying there was a quid pro quo, and then he took it back.

Trump is also, hiding thousands of transcripts and he only released a couple of them, if he is innocent, he should've released them all. he is asking his crew to ignore subpoenas, which is hindering the process even further.

Trump is going out of his way to not release his Tax record, becoming the first president in history not to do so, which tells me that there are some sketchy business going on.

the fact that you guys are ignoring all this and chasing a debunked conspiracy theory is really strange. 

SpokenTruth said:
numberwang said:

You didn't read anything else in this thread did you?  We already touched on that.  This is making you look bad.

No, the video was not here. This is the most central point. You don't want this to be investigated?

Even more disappointing that Dems are complaining that Trump didn't deliver American weapons into a war zone fast enough. Reverse clown world.

Chris Hu said:
DryHeat said:

I think there are several reasons. First, Democrats are deathly afraid that Trump is going to get reelected next year, second they hate Trump's guts so it feels good to try to "stick it to him". Ironically, this is going to help Republicans in 2020, especially in the house.

There was not one single witness that directly heard Trump demand that the aid be withheld until they investigated Biden. Not a single one. It was all hearsay, assumptions and guesses. You don't impeach a president on hearsay, assumptions and guesses.

Did you actually read the transcript or are you like all the Republicans and want to ignore the truth.  Trump is and was a criminal for most of his life.

Yes I did read it. The favor was in regards to the election meddling in 2016 and had nothing to do with Biden and withholding aid. That meddling, as reported in Politico and the Washington Post, favored the Clinton campaign. Democrats don't get to spend years on a never ending fishing expedition against Trump, and yet get shielded from having their own actions investigated. Each party holds the other accountable. That's how a democracy works.

In any case, support for impeachment is tanking badly because people see there is no crime.

thismeintiel said:
AbrahamHamdan said:

Lol, I did answer.  It didn't happen.  1). Trump asked him to look into the election meddling of 2016, 2). which two Ukrainians were convicted of, 3). and what happened with the prosecutor that Biden had fired.  He wanted to know if he was fired for legit reasons or if there was something fishy going on there.  4). This was in the nation's interest, especially considering 5). billions of dollars in our foreign aid went missing, 6). and is not illegal, whether Dems want to admit it or not. 

7). Trump, however, DID NOT say, "Hey, dig up some dirt on Biden because I MIGHT have to run against him in 2020."  8). Nor did the aid get held up until they did dig up that dirt.  And, it's funny that all of a sudden the Dems care about what happens in Ukraine, 9). when all Obama did was send them first aid kits and blankets, 10). while Trump was sending them tank busting missiles to beat back Russia.  Yet, Trump was the Russian agent.  11). Oh, wait, that's right, because he was the one caught on a hot mic saying that he could do more to help Russia once he was reelected.  Or was that someone else?

1). He also asked him to look into Biden. "The other thing, There's a lot of talk about Biden's son, that Biden stopped the prosecution."

2). Can you link me to this?  I cannot find anyone from Crowdstrike being convicted of anything.

3). This was covered and handled way back when it happened.  Prosecutor Shokin was supposed to continue an already established investigation into Burisma.  Instead, he halted it.  Ukraine, US, Canda, EU, IMF, World Bank and others requested the prosecutor be fired because he stopped a lot of corruption investigations.

4). How?  Explain how investigating the firing of a foreign prosecutor is relevant to national interest.

5). I think you mean $2 million from 2016....not billions.  Unless you refer to the IMF issue in 2014 where $37 billion was funneled to offshore accounts.  And guess who was supposed to investigate that?  Why none other than prosecutor Shokin...who did not investigate it.  Now you know what the IMF and everyone else wanted him fired. 

6). Requesting the investigation into the loss of foreign aid is not illegal. Requesting the investigation into a political candidate by withholding foreign aid is.

7). Uh, yeah, he kinda of did.  "The other thing, There's a lot of talk about Biden's son, that Biden stopped the prosecution."  What do you think he really wants here?  "I want you to do me a favor." 

8). I already told you why this happened.  See my response to Video 1.  Don't ignore it.

9). Why lie?  Ignorance is one thing but lying?  "In 2014, though the White House approved a $53 million aid package that included vehicles, patrol boats, body armor and night-vision goggles, as well as humanitarian assistance.". "In the last year of the Obama administration, Congress authorized lethal aid, but it didn’t include the Javelins." "The 2016 National Defense Authorization Act, which became law in November 2015, called for "lethal assistance such as anti-armor weapon systems, mortars, crew-served weapons and ammunition, grenade launchers and ammunition, and small arms and ammunition. The legislation also called for counter-artillery radars, unmanned aerial tactical surveillance systems and other equipment." "In July 2016, the White House announced a $335 million security assistance package for Ukraine that included "counter-artillery and counter-mortar radars, secure communications, training aids, logistics infrastructure and IT systems, tactical UAVs, and medical equipment." 

And all of the aid (then and now) are at the request of Ukraine, EU and NATO recommendations.  Trump didn't come up the lethal aid idea himself, it was Europe.  Just like Obama never said no to lethal aid, it was Europe that requested what they needed.

10). Ukraine can't use them offensively.  Only defensively.

11). Do you really want me to list all the times Trump, his family and operatives said talking about helping Russia prior to the election?

DryHeat said:
Chris Hu said:

Did you actually read the transcript or are you like all the Republicans and want to ignore the truth.  Trump is and was a criminal for most of his life.

Yes I did read it. The favor was in regards to the election meddling in 2016 and had nothing to do with Biden and withholding aid. That meddling, as reported in Politico and the Washington Post, favored the Clinton campaign. Democrats don't get to spend years on a never ending fishing expedition against Trump, and yet get shielded from having their own actions investigated. Each party holds the other accountable. That's how a democracy works.

In any case, support for impeachment is tanking badly because people see there is no crime.

Yeah you didn't read it the impeachment is taking because most Americans love to ignore the facts and the fact is that Trump is and was a criminal for most of his life.