By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony patent's sharing game saves, part of games or create games demos for your friend

Tagged games:

twintail said:
A patent does not mean that this will happen.

I'm hoping it does. MS will likely copy the idea or implement something similar and we all win.

Around the Network

Rename the thread for accuracy please, this is just a patent.

Letting friends stream games from each others console is so simple but kind of genius. It can easily be regulated to prevent abuse, I imagine Sony will give developers some control here and maybe allow them to opt out on a game-by-game basis, set stream length restrictions etc. They could also mimic the download play from DS family where you can play "local" multiplayer with consoles which do not have the game but in a far more spontaneous way.

But isn't sharing a game save just cheating and defeating the point of playing through a game?

PSN ID: Stokesy 

Add me if you want but let me know youre from this website

twintail said:

Bingo 

Anyway, can't wait  to see people sharing multiple demos from a single game which ends up being a complete playthrough where you don't have to give a single penny to Sony.

This system seems so abusable,lol

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

Fixed thread title to highlight that it's just a patent and not an announcement.

This sounds similar to what Stadia announced a while ago. I like the idea of being able to recreate a specific gaming moment for other people to try out.

Last edited by Hiku - on 22 November 2019

Around the Network

Why am I seeing more Sony topics popping up in Games discussion, when these are clearly Sony based threads?.

"Six days have passed, on the seventh, I will render myself to a day of rest and to contemplate...what is to be"

Mar1217 said:
twintail said:

Bingo 

Anyway, can't wait  to see people sharing multiple demos from a single game which ends up being a complete playthrough where you don't have to give a single penny to Sony.

This system seems so abusable,lol

I suppose the workaround is that devs chiose which portions of the game can have demo segements.

So like, only the middle 50%, not the first oe final 25%'s of the game.