By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The 10th Annual Greatest Games Event - Discussion Thread

Farsala said:
40- Another OG Xbox exclusive gem. This one is like Lord of the Rings but a strategy game.

39- This game never received a direct sequel, but its spin off sequel became one of the top games in the world.

#39: Warcraft III?

Signature goes here!

Around the Network

#41 was New Super Mario Bros. U.

#40 - The ducks are looking for a treasure, but first you need to collect the pieces of the map.

TruckOSaurus said:
Farsala said:
40- Another OG Xbox exclusive gem. This one is like Lord of the Rings but a strategy game.

39- This game never received a direct sequel, but its spin off sequel became one of the top games in the world.

#39: Warcraft III?

Nice! Correct.

The Legend of Zelda: The wind waker (NGC)

A great example of redesign of the same formula, being the same but fresh

Bioshock (Xbox 360)

It is not the first time that political and philosophical issues are touched in a game, however it is never an easy task to incorporate them and do it great as bioshock does.

To be announced (LOL)

Rocket league (PC)

The combination of cars and football was an idea that for me it would be rare to think of a game, not only did they play it but also executed it well.

Alex_The_Hedgehog said:

#40 - The ducks are looking for a treasure, but first you need to collect the pieces of the map.

DuckTales 2?

Around the Network

Guessed by Mnementh

My first huge gaming addiction was 'Pokémon Blue Version'. If you were around the age of 10 towards the end of the nineties, you played Pokémon. People today say stuff like Fortnite and Grand Theft Auto are big, but no, Pokémon; that was big. Literally everywhere. This was just a well made game, and even as a kid, that resonated with me. I couldn't stop trying to catch as much Pokémon as possible, even long after I had beaten the main story. There's a bit of a quaint story for me attached to this game. I once had a dog, who turned out to be a perfect dog when he got older, but when he was young he had a habbit of destroying things. This was likely because he had suffered a trauma as a puppy, but anyway I carelessly left my GameBoy Color laying around at some point and when I got home, he had destroyed it. Or tried to anyway, as you know GameBoys are indestructible, even against a big dog's teeth, but nevertheless damage was done that needed mending. The game cartridges that were in the case and in the GameBoy itself however, were not indestructible. They were scattered around the living room, with one of them reduced to mere shards of plastic, it's board mauled. My Pokémon cartridge however, suffered a single big puncture wound; a hole right through the front of the plastic. He must've also reached the board inside. The game however, miraculously still worked perfectly fine. I still have that cartridge. It's hole a permanent reminder of a good dog.

And after that tear-jerking tale we'll move on.

#39: At the very end of this game the song says you go through something that's basically twice the same.

Goddamned stupid site keeps shrinking my images to 2 inches, and reformatting my tables. 

Last edited by Cerebralbore101 - on 22 November 2019

Portal 2

Xbox 360

The first Portal was excellent, but kind of short. It also took a while to get going, because it had to teach players how to use the gun, and all the subtle mechanics built in. Portal 2 on the other hand mostly hits the ground running, and it a much longer game. It also contains a fun co-op mode. The Portal games have always been a favorite of mine, because of their inventiveness. Who could have guessed that you'd be able to sling yourself across large gaps just by aiming portals at where you'd land? Also, Glados and the other robots are all hilarious in this game. That is all. 
Last edited by Cerebralbore101 - on 22 November 2019

S.Peelman said:
Alex_The_Hedgehog said:

DuckTales 2?

Correct!