By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Next Console You'd Like to See Receive a Mini/Classic Edition

Next Console You'd Like to See Receive a Mini/Classic Edition

3DO 25 1.90%

Dreamcast 227 17.24%

GameCube 188 14.27%

Jaguar 11 0.84%

N64 465 35.31%

PC-FX 11 0.84%

PS2 229 17.39%

Saturn 102 7.74%

Xbox 34 2.58%

Other 25 1.90%

Total:1,317

N64 for sure.

Around the Network

It has to be the N64, though I'm not sure if Nintendo would prioritize it over adding N64 games to the Switch online service. They have to give "value" to the service, after all...

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Machina said:

This week's front page poll.

Mini retro consoles have proven quite the popular idea recently, following on from the success of Nintendo's NES Classic Mini. Amongst others we've had the much less well received PlayStation Classic, most recently the Sega Genesis Mini, and next year the TurboGrafx-16 Mini is due out. Which console from the above list would you most like to see get the mini treatment?

Psone mini is a failure. I Have all others, but don't have psone mini.  I have the Neo Geo mini ( horrible)

I Want a Dreamcast, Sega Saturn and N64 asap.

Dreamcast
Most of the ones I like on the list I still ownN64, Game cube, PS2

N64.

So much potential classics to include, it'd be great. This time around, N64 would be more successful than PS.
N64, I'd say, would probably also be the newest console you can do this with; the games of consoles after it will probably be too big (in MB's I mean) and they'd have to include bigger, more expensive storage capacities.

Around the Network

None. No reason to pay for a more expensive, and simultaneously more limited emulator.

A properly emulated Saturn with a lot of Panzer Dragoon and those ported arcade games would be pretty cool, methinks.

I have to go Saturn, as so many of the game are expensive and/or hard to find. A mini system with Guardian Heroes, Shining Force, Astal, NiGHTS, Panzer Dragoon, and more would be pretty sweet.

N64 after that, and then Dreamcast.

For a new one, either N64 or PS2. I do wish Sony redeem their minis, though, and come out with a PSOne mini with more games, better emulation, and Dual Shock controllers. Even if they still use an open source emulator, have it updatable.

The Master System. Love that console.