By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware 2 November 2019

Tagged games:

trunkswd said:
PAOerfulone said:

Granted, the 3DS was well passed the 10 million mark at this point in its life cycle. By November 2, 2013, the 3DS as closing in on 14 million.
But the 3DS also peaked very early in its life cycle. It already got a price cut and a hardware revision within a year and half of its release. Starting next year, we're going to start seeing the Switch close the gap between it and the 3DS, considerably.

This has given me a good idea for new Gap Charts article. Switch vs 3DS in Japan. 

Oh yes absolutely, would be a good idea and interesting chart.

Around the Network
Agente42 said:
zorg1000 said:

I dont really see Japanese support changing in any major way. Up to this point it has mostly been smaller niche titles, late ports, remasters and the occasional medium sized exclusive.

The next mainline titles in the big franchises like Monster Hunter, Final Fantasy, Dragon Quest, Resident Evil, Kingdom Hearts, etc are years away from releasing so that's not really a factor for Switch next year.

In terms of system selling 3rd party titles, it would either be some surprise hit new IP or a collaboration on a Nintendo IP.

And I agree that Lite+Animal Crossing will keep it up YoY in Q1 & Q2 but depending on what releases in Q3 I could see it being down (still up YTD though). Mario Maker, Fire Emblem, 2D Zelda, improved model & Lite model is tough to compete with. Then Q4 I expect to be down unless they have some really aggressive holiday deals.

Dragon quest , I believe will lauch Switch/Ps4/PC. Square Enix no more obey Horii will.  Maybe a Monster and remake Dragon Quest IX.

Monster Hunter, Capcom need to launch something. The investor asks Capcom every time about it. The better world is Monster Hunter World Portable Version. lazy like Capcom.

I’d be all over a remake of DQ9

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

trunkswd said:
COKTOE said:
Hey. Thread up before the main page update. Usually it's the flippity.

As the guy who updates the hardware figures I do have early access to the numbers I'll update the OP with the chart once the front page gets updated.

Wasnt sure where to post this but figured you would be interested. ZhugeEX revealed on twitter that Switch sales haved crossed 600k in S. Korea.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

trunkswd said:
zorg1000 said:

Wasnt sure where to post this but figured you would be interested. ZhugeEX revealed on twitter that Switch sales haved crossed 600k in S. Korea.

Thank you for passing that on. I missed that tweet from ZhugeEX. Definitely something that is news worthy. 

No problem, and apparently it did it faster than PS4.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

In the Day of the Dead, 25 undead portables are still alive and kicking, doing the dolce vita, I guess.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
TheBlackNaruto said:
Switch is on Fire! Amazing sells this holiday will be bonkers! PS4 with no price cut and almost 7 years old still doing very solid! XB......meh

You've spent too much time in these threads this year and soaked up too much of the gloating about a six years old PS4 selling so well. The PS4 is actually only now turning six years old (launched in November 2013).

Well technically 6 is almost 7