By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware 2 November 2019

Tagged games:

Hey. Thread up before the main page update. Usually it's the flippity.

Vita 26 last week, now all the way down to 25.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Around the Network

Switch (~11.5m YTD) has a real shot at outselling PS4+XBO (~12.4m YTD) for the full year.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Fantastic numbers for the Switch! its about to pass the Xone. With the coming holiday season it might reach or pass the SNES. Seems that the upcoming release of Pokemon is a bigger deal than the Lite. :P. PS4 doing solid for a console reaching its 7th year. And 25 people just found true happiness.

Jpcc86 said:
Fantastic numbers for the Switch! its about to pass the Xone. With the coming holiday season it might reach or pass the SNES. Seems that the upcoming release of Pokemon is a bigger deal than the Lite. :P. PS4 doing solid for a console reaching its 7th year. And 25 people just found true happiness.

Lite should be a big hit over the holidays, Lite+Pokemon is a great 1-2 punch for getting kids/parents on board.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

I guess we're on the way for reaching 50 million by the end of the year for the Switch

Around the Network
trunkswd said:
zorg1000 said:

Lite should be a big hit over the holidays, Lite+Pokemon is a great 1-2 punch for getting kids/parents on board.

It will likely have the best holiday seen this generation. 

I'm thinking so too, should be a 10+ million shipment quarter.

trunkswd said:
zorg1000 said:

I'm thinking so too, should be a 10+ million shipment quarter.

They should easily beat their forecast for the current fiscal year. While all other platforms are in their twilight years, the Switch is still on its way up. 

I agree and I'm curious what they have in store for next year to keep momentum high.

The big holiday titles will make sure Winter sales are strong then Animal Crossing will move alot of units in Spring so I can see the first half of the year being up YoY but they are going to need to do alot to make sure sales dont start declining in the 2nd half.

This year had Mario Maker (last week of H1), Fire Emblem, 2D Zelda, Luigi's Mansion, Pokemon and a surprise hit in Ring Fit plus an improved model and a cheaper revision.

That's a stacked lineup to contend with so I expect the 2nd half of 2020 to be when we start seeing sales decline. Potential releases like BotW2 & Pokemon Gen 4 remakes will be big sellers and move hardware but diminishing returns will come into play so perhaps a price cut is in order (Hybrid-$249.99, Lite-$169.99).

So the Switch is already rising at the eve of Pokemon. It's gonna go kaboom fairly soon.

trunkswd said:
OTBWY said:
So the Switch is already rising at the eve of Pokemon. It's gonna go kaboom fairly soon.

The Switch Lite Pokemon Edition released in Japan, which has to be the cause for some of the boost in sales in Japan, along with Luigi's Mansion. 

True, but I am also looking at the US and Europe.

Pokemon next week.