By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS4 worldwide shipments tops 102.8M, becomes second best-selling home game console of all time

BraLoD said:
COKTOE said:

It's been a great system. One of the best ever really. I'm a little bummed that PS has lost some of it's "Japanese-ness" this gen, and there have been smattering of censorship issues, but PS4 has been a positive in every other metric IMO. And for me, a rock of reliability. No PS4 hardware issues for me so far.

100 million plus is hardly rarefied air for PS, but still a noteworthy accomplishment. Congrats to my friend Sony. I'll talk to you again when another cam-girl PSN account tries to get my credit card info with promises of exposing her butt-hole.

But whole?

Yes. The entire anus.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Around the Network
Alby_da_Wolf said:
Maybe we'll see a lower priced PS4 when it will be the entry level Sony console and need a wider difference from PS5. By then it will be dirt cheap to build, even more if they'll make a super slim version.

125 M LTD.

The PS4 is not PS2. 

The DVD player and PS3 initial disaster are the reasons for the Ps2 longevity. 

Agente42 said:
Alby_da_Wolf said:
Maybe we'll see a lower priced PS4 when it will be the entry level Sony console and need a wider difference from PS5. By then it will be dirt cheap to build, even more if they'll make a super slim version.

125 M LTD.

The PS4 is not PS2. 

The DVD player and PS3 initial disaster are the reasons for the Ps2 longevity. 

That's a good guess actually.

COKTOE said:

It's been a great system. One of the best ever really. I'm a little bummed that PS has lost some of it's "Japanese-ness" this gen, and there have been smattering of censorship issues, but PS4 has been a positive in every other metric IMO. And for me, a rock of reliability. No PS4 hardware issues for me so far.

I think because PS4 didn't sell in Japan as it should people think these things, but that is far from true. It was in this gen that "Yakuza" series finally crossover and finally people outside Japan is playing it, which lead us to "Judgment". We had games like NieR Automata as well. "Persona 5" is the most popular entry in the series. "Resident Evil" 2 is one of the best games of the year. We have "Monster Hunter" that is superb, also "DmC 5. I could keep the list going, but to me it is more the fact japaneses are not supporting Home Consoles like PS4. There were some amazing games for the japaneses fans taste.

Let's see how often the limited edition Death Stranding PS4 bundle is sold.

Around the Network

what are the biggest top 5 countrys for the ps4 sales figures ? thats very interesting for me. usa the number 1, i think. and the other 4 ??

KazumaKiryu said:
what are the biggest top 5 countrys for the ps4 sales figures ? thats very interesting for me. usa the number 1, i think. and the other 4 ??

Japan, Germany, UK. The 5th could be France or Italy by official sales, but including parallel import it could also be Russia or China.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Alby_da_Wolf said:
KazumaKiryu said:

Japan, Germany, UK. The 5th could be France or Italy by official sales, but including parallel import it could also be Russia or China.

the top 4 are sure. thx, good to know. Sales figures from Russia and China would interest me.