By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Retro Studios hires Halo Senior Modeler - *Poll Added*

When will Prime 4 come out?

2020 2 7.14%

2021 5 17.86%

2022 12 42.86%

2023 3 10.71%

2024 and beyond... 5 17.86%

Whenever Nintendo's next console comes out... 1 3.57%

Total:28
curl-6 said:
Bloody hell, still hiring?
This game ain't coming before 2022.

I remember some people expecting it to be released in 2020 even after the delay.  Personally, I hope they just develop it from the ground up for the Switch's successor and let it be their showcase launch game alongside something like Mario Kart 9.

SpokenTruth said:

Looks like Kyle already worked up a Samus model 4 years ago.  Not really sure I like that. 

Mechanetta

Around the Network

I'm thinking 2023 Holiday. That would give it roughly a 4 year development cycle from when it was scrapped. I could see Switch 2 coming out that holiday season and Prime 4 being a cross gen launch title. I'm still holding out for my pet theory/fervent wish that Switch 2 will be PS4 Pro level of hardware and VR capable as a third "Switchable" form factor, and that Metroid Prime 4 will be the launch title that sells that experience by letting the player feel like they're in Samus' suit.

SpokenTruth said:

Looks like Kyle already worked up a Samus model 4 years ago.  Not really sure I like that. 

So many western modelers have absolutely zero concept of design. 

HylianSwordsman said:
I'm thinking 2023 Holiday. That would give it roughly a 4 year development cycle from when it was scrapped. I could see Switch 2 coming out that holiday season and Prime 4 being a cross gen launch title. I'm still holding out for my pet theory/fervent wish that Switch 2 will be PS4 Pro level of hardware and VR capable as a third "Switchable" form factor, and that Metroid Prime 4 will be the launch title that sells that experience by letting the player feel like they're in Samus' suit.

I like this. I like this a lot. Not really a fan of VR, but i'll make a big exception for Prime 4 (or any Prime game for that matter). I'm also betting it'll be a 2023 release, possibly alongside the Switch successor. 

Ultravolt said:
HylianSwordsman said:

I like this. I like this a lot. Not really a fan of VR, but i'll make a big exception for Prime 4 (or any Prime game for that matter). I'm also betting it'll be a 2023 release, possibly alongside the Switch successor. 

I'm not huge on VR either, but if it were just one form factor of three and not the focus, and Metroid was there to sell the VR factor, it could work. And for little 12 year old me, Prime was a mind blow with feeling like I was inside the suit, and I think a VR mode for Prime 4 could help me recapture that magic.