By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Death Stranding Review Thread - MC: 82 / OC: 83 / GR: 83.17%

Tagged games:

Keiji said:
LGBTDBZBBQ said:

Dull gameplay and you just gave it 9. I really hate this kind of reviewer, Gameplay should've been the number one priority for any game. 
Gameplay > Story and other BS stuff

You are not smart enough to get it.

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Death Stranding. The humor is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the jokes will go over a typical viewer's head. There's also Norman Reedus Fetus's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation - his personal philosophy draws heavily fromNarodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realize that they're not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Death Stranding truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humour in Mads Mikkelsen's existencial catchphrase "Wubba Lubba Dub Dub," which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev's Russian epic Fathers and Sons I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Dan Harmon's genius unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools... how I pity them. 😂 And yes by the way, I DO have a Death Stranding tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the ladies' eyes only- And even they have to demonstrate that they're within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand.

Around the Network
GoOnKid said:
Keiji said:

It's a joke,no high horses atm.

You are so easy to troll guys. I was kidding, of course. The gif is there for a reason.

--------------------

To talk seriously to the people who are dissing the game and say "fuck a story, I want instant fun gameplay" and explain why I think I will love Death Stranding (I will try but excuse my english, I'm french), I will use the example of Detroit Become Human. Now this game was for me a real experience, I loved the story, I felt touched with characters and the choices that I have made, I get a sad but great ending (2 of the 4 characters died), I was totally addicted by this game and impressed by it as well as the emotions I felt. But the gameplay is not what you want it to be. Me I got no problem with that. So at the end Detroit is one of the 10 best games I have ever played. Death Stranding is a now serious challenger from what I have read.

You need to understand something, all gamers doesn't want to catch Pokemons. I'm not into that stuff, I'm not interested at all, I'm 34 and feel bored with the majority of games actually. I still love some God Of War or Gears 5 because I love the main characters (Kratos and Kait) and overall it was really some great games, simple as that. But otherwise I'm not too much into the stuff you play. So keep in mind when you say "Detroit Become Human" is boring, yes but for you, me I feel bored by Pokemon, Fifa, COD and Mario. So when I see here some people who are saying "gameplay > story", for me that doesn't mean anything actually. I will play Detroit once again before playing your "gameplay > story" games. Be aware of that. Some people want to see Marvel's movies at the cinema, not me, not at all, I will check Ad Astra and Joker instead of Avengers or Black Panther.

So yes, usually for me "Story and charisma from characters > gameplay". You don't have to agree, but you have to accept it. You are not wrong, but I'm not wrong either.

Last edited by Keiji - on 02 November 2019

RedKingXIII said:
Keiji said:

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Death Stranding. The humor is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the jokes will go over a typical viewer's head. There's also Norman Reedus Fetus's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation - his personal philosophy draws heavily fromNarodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realize that they're not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Death Stranding truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humour in Mads Mikkelsen's existencial catchphrase "Wubba Lubba Dub Dub," which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev's Russian epic Fathers and Sons I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Dan Harmon's genius unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools... how I pity them. 😂 And yes by the way, I DO have a Death Stranding tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the ladies' eyes only- And even they have to demonstrate that they're within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand.

Wow. Calling people who dont like the game idiots, while you stroke your own ego is pathetic. While you think everyone is an idiot, while basically calling yourself a genius. That's hilariously self indulgent.  Somehow, I think it may very well be the other way around, just based on your self praising post.

Immersiveunreality said:
iron_megalith said:

After a few trailers and teasers, I've lost complete interest in this game. Now, the reception just solidifies what I expected. Definitely not getting this game and never trusting Kojima again. And yes, Konami can still shove it up their ass.

The trailers always exactly showed what the game was,what did he do to lose your trust?

Which is exactly why it's disappointing. You've seen everything. I was thinking he was holding back something but apparently not. WYSIWYG. Based on the consensus, the gameplay is not engaging at all. I don't give a shit about narrative anymore if it can't even do something simple like that. I would have just watched a series if all the immersion I will be getting is playing a walking simulator. I'm not saying that just because at it's core it's a walking simulator, it's bad. Even a game like Yume Nikki is 10 times more engaging that what this whole game seems to offer.

Around the Network
SwitchUP said:
RedKingXIII said:

Wow. Calling people who dont like the game idiots, while you stroke your own ego is pathetic. While you think everyone is an idiot, while basically calling yourself a genius. That's hilariously self indulgent.  Somehow, I think it may very well be the other way around, just based on your self praising post.

It's a sarcastic post mimicking fans of Rick and Morty. 

Torillian said:
SwitchUP said:

Yes it's definitly a joke post.

SwitchUP said:
RedKingXIII said:

This is a copypasta.

iron_megalith said:
Immersiveunreality said:

The trailers always exactly showed what the game was,what did he do to lose your trust?

Which is exactly why it's disappointing. You've seen everything. I was thinking he was holding back something but apparently not. WYSIWYG. Based on the consensus, the gameplay is not engaging at all. I don't give a shit about narrative anymore if it can't even do something simple like that. I would have just watched a series if all the immersion I will be getting is playing a walking simulator. I'm not saying that just because at it's core it's a walking simulator, it's bad. Even a game like Yume Nikki is 10 times more engaging that what this whole game seems to offer.

So you did make yourself believe it was something it is not, that is not the fault of the marketing surrounding this game.

Also most of what you said is not objective but personal preference.

Keiji said:
Torillian said:

Yes it's definitly a joke post.

Thank goodness. I guess it flew way over my head. I havent even heard of Rick and Morty.