LMAO 0 0%

XD 4 10.00%

:-D 1 2.50%

*chuckle* 4 10.00%

BUWAHAHAHAHA 13 32.50%

Total:40
Lonely_Dolphin said:
pokoko said:

Fuck core gamers, though.  Threads like this are why I don't consider myself one.  No one cares about self-righteous hypocrites who eagerly drop their pants to the company they've sworn allegiance to but then pretend to be superior because of the types of games they play.  Those people are only the coolest and most important in their own minds.  

There is probably someone quietly playing and enjoying this game with their friends, someone who wanted and asked for this feature.  Who the fuck is anyone to mock that?  Because they drop $60 on short hack n' slash or platforming games?  They think they're superior because of that?  That's delusional.  

Seriously, some of the people who think they're smart enough to mock other gamers for what they like are actually playing a SUBSCRIPTION JUST TO USE ALL THE FEATURES OF A VIDEO GAME CONSOLE. 

People should play what they want to play and no one is superior or more important because of what they like or don't like.

Are you actually defending this!? This isn't about "lol gamer superiority" or whatever irrelevance you're on about, this is about a company lying to and ripping off it's players big time. Yes people were asking for these features but not behind a $100 a year pay wall. The once supposed to be cosmetic only microtransactions Bethesda said would cover the cost of new gameplay additions this broken shell of a game desperately needs. Instead they've shamelessly lied again, showing they only care about getting as much money as possible out of it's players rather than fixing their game.

Are you seriously unable to comprehend what you read?

Around the Network
pokoko said:

Go on, you're free to explain what it is I didn't comprehend.

Lonely_Dolphin said:
pokoko said:

I'm free to do whatever I want either way.  You have no say in that.

That aside, why don't you explain what it is that you thought I was defending and what I said that constituted that defense?  From what I can see, my comment was about "core gamers" who mock other people for what they play and like.  People getting pretentious over video-games are just sad--especially when all they have to do is NOT PLAY the stuff they don't like.  If it's not for you, just move the fuck on.  

"Core gamers" and their judgements aren't nearly as important as they think and they're the only ones who don't know it.  They think they speak for everyone.  Obviously, they do not.  

Oh, and it was also about people shelling out subscription dollars for console features that used to be free being high and mighty about other people being "ripped off."  I mean, that's pretty funny, isn't it?  

While I'm at it, I'd like to call out our mod team over this.  If this were about Sony/Microsoft/Nintendo then there would be multiple bans in this thread.  Next thread about console subscriptions I'm going to say something like, "I feel bad for the SOBs who pay for this," and watch as mods explode in rage.

pokoko said:

That aside, why don't you explain what it is that you thought I was defending and what I said that constituted that defense?  From what I can see, my comment was about "core gamers" who mock other people for what they play and like.  People getting pretentious over video-games are just sad--especially when all they have to do is NOT PLAY the stuff they don't like.  If it's not for you, just move the fuck on.  

"Core gamers" and their judgements aren't nearly as important as they think and they're the only ones who don't know it.  They think they speak for everyone.  Obviously, they do not.  

Oh, and it was also about people shelling out subscription dollars for console features that used to be free being high and mighty about other people being "ripped off."  I mean, that's pretty funny, isn't it?  

While I'm at it, I'd like to call out our mod team over this.  If this were about Sony/Microsoft/Nintendo then there would be multiple bans in this thread.  Next thread about console subscriptions I'm going to say something like, "I feel bad for the SOBs who pay for this," and watch as mods explode in rage.

It's for your benefit, making baseless claims isn't a good look.

Obviously it looks like you're defending Bethesda. You're insulting us for making fun of Bethesda's terrible practices, spinning the narrative that we're doing it because we're self-righteous hypocrites or some bullshit. Yes paid online is a scam (not remotely as bad though), that doesn't excuse Bethesda.

I would say this is the majority's reaction to the news in a nutshell. :P

https://youtu.be/_n5E7feJHw0

Around the Network
Lonely_Dolphin said:
pokoko said:

It's for your benefit, making baseless claims isn't a good look.

Obviously it looks like you're defending Bethesda. You're insulting us for making fun of Bethesda's terrible practices, spinning the narrative that we're doing it because we're self-righteous hypocrites or some bullshit. Yes paid online is a scam (not remotely as bad though), that doesn't excuse Bethesda.

Don't make fake arguments up for other people.  That's not a good look.  Now you're trying to save face by trying to pretend I said something I did not.  Stop it, that's lame.  

And you're the one making the baseless claim, as I clearly asked you to point out what you were talking about regarding my first post.  I explained my position--again--while you're just like, "oh, um, but what you really meant was!"  

Wait, the subscription, the 100$ subscription, is actually TAKING STUFF FROM YOU???

Ok, people, insert your comedy tune here, this clearly is a very early April Fools joke.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

pokoko said:

Don't make fake arguments up for other people.  That's not a good look.  Now you're trying to save face by trying to pretend I said something I did not.  Stop it, that's lame.  

And you're the one making the baseless claim, as I clearly asked you to point out what you were talking about regarding my first post.  I explained my position--again--while you're just like, "oh, um, but what you really meant was!"  

I'm trying to save face!? Bruh, you haven't responded to my arguments refuting your first post. You're desperately trying to distract and make excuses for not doing so. If you wanna prove this isn't true then acknowledge what I said, anything else further proves your cowardice.

It's you who fails at basic reading comprehension if you can't figure out which part of your post I'm referring to even after using your own words. You still haven't explained what it is I didn't comprehend so I really shouldn't oblige you, but I'm better than you so I will point it out even more clearly.

"Fuck core gamers, though. Threads like this are why I don't consider myself one. No one cares about self-righteous hypocrites who eagerly drop their pants to the company they've sworn allegiance to but then pretend to be superior because of the types of games they play."

That's not me faking or pretending, that's what you said. Eager to see what bs you come up with next to continue avoiding my initial reply.

pokoko said:
Lonely_Dolphin said:

Will tell you why this have to be mocked.

Because if XBL subs had been mocked enough and customers hadn't bent over, we wouldn't have it in PS4, and then wouldn't have it in Switch. Every bad practice that those "bad and hypocrite core gamers" have mocked and demoaned if they weren't accept in mass by market they wouldn't have stuck. See Sony on PS3 dropped the need to buy a code to play online for second hand games (that was coupled with trophies that needed you playing 5min of online so you could plat), that is what happens when a practice doesn't work out (sure they then came with something worse that is mandatory sub for online playing and worse games as gift, although they also are less worse than MS that block free games and MMOs but because of Sony they took out netflix from the paywall).

So yes you can claim hypocrites all you want, but slippery slope is real and I'll stand agains GAAS and equivalents for as long as possible.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."