By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Just finished Concrete Genie

What a cute little gem, not a very long game and an easy platinum, but was very enjoyable and at only 30 bucks was well worth the price.

Haven't seen much attention for this unique title. Anyone else tried it? 

Around the Network

VR required? Or is it a good game as is? I think my kids may like it but I don't have VR.

I've been really interested in it and tempted to buy it but i've been wondering the same about why nobody seems to really be talking about it. I don't think Sony really marketed it well tbh, if they even did. I've seen some ads for MediEvil but none for Concrete Genie.

Chrkeller said:
VR required? Or is it a good game as is? I think my kids may like it but I don't have VR.

it's a non-VR game with a little VR mode attached to it

Lafiel said:
Chrkeller said:

it's a non-VR game with a little VR mode attached to it

Nice, thanks for the information.  I am thinking xmas for the kids.

Around the Network

A nice little change of pace from the norm. It is basically the Flow, Flower, Journey of this gen. Only difference is it is somewhere between the indie level of those games and the AAA level of Uncharted, God of War, and Killzone.

Overall, I like the game. The story is enjoyable enough, the gameplay is something different and fun, and it is a good balance of content versus cost.

I completed the Main Quest, but have not Platinumed it. Still need to give the PSVR mode a try.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

Chrkeller said:

The VR is a separate thing. You can't even play the main game with VR, it's more like a demo. The main game is standard controller. It's very children friendly. 

KBG29 said:
A nice little change of pace from the norm. It is basically the Flow, Flower, Journey of this gen. Only difference is it is somewhere between the indie level of those games and the AAA level of Uncharted, God of War, and Killzone.

Overall, I like the game. The story is enjoyable enough, the gameplay is something different and fun, and it is a good balance of content versus cost.

I completed the Main Quest, but have not Platinumed it. Still need to give the PSVR mode a try.

I have VR and wanted to try it but you need move controllers :(

Its on my radar ever since it was announced and i was just about to buy it yesterday but decided on Trine 4 instead. Gonna buy it soon enough tho.

Dahum said:
Its on my radar ever since it was announced and i was just about to buy it yesterday but decided on Trine 4 instead. Gonna buy it soon enough tho.

Can add to those 47 platinums when you do :P