By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - How would you feel if the PS5 dev kit design was actually the PS5 design?

Tagged games:

What do you think?

I would be fine with that 19 24.05%

It's irrelevant 9 11.39%

That looks pretty bad 15 18.99%

AMAZING! 8 10.13%

That s**t looks awful! 12 15.19%

Did we go back to the 90's? 3 3.80%

V for Vendetta 3 3.80%

Would rather have it look like a box 4 5.06%

I just threw up in my mouth a little bit 5 6.33%

Should continue to stack ... 1 1.27%

Total:79
RaptorChrist said:
BraLoD said:

Don't just come and call people fanboys based on your self proclamed amazing people reading skills.

You are making yourself a big disservice there, seriously.

I would appreciate if you left that outside of this thread, all of it, really, we don't need it, none of it, at all.

I'm really bummed that you saw my post as offensive. I apologize; I truly meant no disrespect.  See, fanboy has a negative connotation to it, and some people do not like to be referred to as such. If you felt targeted, I assure you that I know nothing of your gaming tendencies. I'm fine with people who would typically be considered fanboys, and I think others should be too. It shouldn't be looked down upon to like a single console/company.

This does bring up an interesting conundrum, though, because you took offense to my generalization. In fact, my post seemed to have upset you so much so that you decided to personally attack me. You were rude while I was polite. And the thing is, I don't think I said anything at all in my post that was inaccurate, or hurtful.

Do you disagree with my post? This is the way human beings oftentimes act; myself included. People tend to get defensive and provide extra reasons for things.

Imagine this hypothetical situation: "Why are you coming home so late tonight?" - *Starts sweating.* "Sorry dear, I had to put in some extra time at the office, then got caught in some gnarly traffic on the way back. Lots of cops around so I couldn't text or call on the drive back." <-- The husband meant well. He didn't mean to be so late. He lost track of time by accident, but when put on the spot, I couldn't just tell my wife that I forgot about our anniversary! I'm such a bad husband. *Ahem*

Is someone's tendency towards being a "fanboy" something that is forbidden to discern? Why is it such a touchy subject? Is it because fanboys are the source of "troll" posts, and as such, they set a low expectation of someone's credibility. In other words, not all fanboys are A-holes, but people might assume that you are if they know you're a fanboy? Or is it because such discussions often turn into flame wars? 

Also, it might help if you knew that the Don and I are super tight (the person who I was posting to). He's one of the people who helped me decide on my PSVR purchase and which games to get with it, and my 4K TV that I bought the same week. He even agreed with my post.

I have no problem being called fanboy (don't think BraLoD would as well, he truly is the "biggest fanboy" of LoD in this site as far as I know). But in VGC the term is forbidden due to it being used as derogatory and usually make conversations into fights.

And I have to disagree, he was polite and was basically telling you to respect rules and the thread, while you even if you didn't meant to were unpolite and was doing ad hominem to invalidate the argument, basically "only a fanboy would find this design good". That was done in a way to say if the person wasn't a moron he would agree the design is very bad.

And sorry to cut your explanation, it simply don't mater, calling someone fanboy is forbidden by the rules.

I know it is hard to convey what we think and several times we are misunderstood, and certainly BraLoD could have been lighter on his retort to you.

Anyway I was being true on liking the design (I'm a child of the 80's and like some of the odd designs of "futurism" on the movies of the time) and my wife and friends mocked me and the design. But that is the thing with taste, some people like different stuff. I like the original consoles much more than any of their slim versions.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network

I for one like funky looking electronics.

DonFerrari said:
BraLoD said:

What if it looks like an used diaper?

As long as it doesn't smell like one. The ones from my baby is enough.

COKTOE said:

The PS4 USB ports are not good. I have a handful of flash drives with bulbous plastic casings that won't fit into the the launch model or the Pro. I assume the slim has the same design.

And why do you guys buy this stuff? I rather use the slender and smallest possible usb stick available

They ones I tried happened to be old, but some of my new ones could possibly not fit either. I don't know for sure since I barely use the usb ports on the PS4. The only times I've ever used them is to upload screenshots to VGC, which I've done like 3 times.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

As long as it plays the games, I could not care less about what it looks like.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

COKTOE said:
DonFerrari said:

As long as it doesn't smell like one. The ones from my baby is enough.

And why do you guys buy this stuff? I rather use the slender and smallest possible usb stick available

They ones I tried happened to be old, but some of my new ones could possibly not fit either. I don't know for sure since I barely use the usb ports on the PS4. The only times I've ever used them is to upload screenshots to VGC, which I've done like 3 times.

I understand you, but there are people that like to buy some very big USB sticks with a lot of "carnival" throw at them =p

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network

I'm not a fan of it but I'm not a fan of how the og xbox one looks either. If aesthetic appeal is a cost for performance/price... That's what a console is all about.

But yeah... It's ugly and likely to change.

I could live with that, but I don't like it. Still looks aren't everything, if this design means better cooling and higher performance I could live with it.

But I don't think this is the final design. It's too early for that.

People should be more worried about the price than the design. A super fast SSD can cost the same as a console. A PS5 will come with faster SSD than PCs have currently.

Barkley said:

I could live with that, but I don't like it. Still looks aren't everything, if this design means better cooling and higher performance I could live with it.

But I don't think this is the final design. It's too early for that.

That design looks like a router.  Definitely not something you want taking up space in your entertainment system.

DonFerrari said:
COKTOE said:

I understand you, but there are people that like to buy some very big USB sticks with a lot of "carnival" throw at them =p

Buy a USB Port Extender.

Or a USB hub, either should work fine.

CuCabeludo said:
People should be more worried about the price than the design. A super fast SSD can cost the same as a console. A PS5 will come with faster SSD than PCs have currently.

The Playstation 5 will not have an SSD faster than what PC's can have.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--